Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th December 2007, 10:32   #1
BHPian

Palio Stile SLX - Booking woes at Manipal Motors

Hi,

After a lot of research on this forum, I zeroed in on the SLX and went to Manipal Motors in KR Road, Bangalore. Here is the diary

23rd Nov - Was met by Bharath, who drove me down to Sankey Road branch to take a look at the 1.6 Sport. The KR Road had only one SLE on display. Was promised a TD on 24th.

24th Nov - Went back to KR Road branch. No TD car, but Bharath offered me a TD on the display SLE!!!! Took it and booked a balck SLX. Promised delivery in 2 weeks.

28th Nov - Called to get an update and was informed that my car left the factory on 26th and will be in Bangalore in 10 days. Red lights flash in my head, but I choose to ignore.

1st Dec - Bharath calls me and tells me that my car is in the second lot and the black SLX that was despatched on 26th was for another customer. He also tells me that my order was intentionally delayed to give me the new December offers as a surprise!!!!! Now sirens also sound alongwith red lights in my head. So I ask to speak to the GM. Informed that the GM will be back on Monday.

3rd Dec - Try to contact the GM, but is informed that he is still not back.

4th Dec - Walk into the showroom and ask to cancel order and demand my money back. The GM is magically back and invites me into his chamber. What he tells me is shocking:

1. Bharath is meant to sell only Tata vehicles and is not supposed to take any orders for FIAT.
2. I meet Vinay, the FIAT sales person for the first time, 10 days after booking the car.

The GM promises me that he will deliver the vehicle at the latest on 12th Dec. He also assures me that he will give me an additional Rs.9000 cash discount. Vinay promises to call me and update me when the vehicle is despatched from Ranjangaon.

I called Vinay last night (5th Dec) and was informed that the vehicle has not yet let the factory and is likely to leave today.

I also wrote to FIAT from their website on 3rd Dec. No reply so far.

I am at a loss to understand when FIAT will learn. I wish they stop thinking that customers are idiots. If the vehicle is not despatched from the plant by tomorrow evening, I am cancelling the booking.

FIAT, please wake up and do something. I wonder how they are going to increase sales by losing existing customers.

Cheers,
Rajan
Old 6th December 2007, 12:36   #2
HKP
BHPian

Sad...

Don't hesitate to cancel the order if things doesn't move fast. Its such a fantastic car but how can anyone go for it if things are like this.

\\hkp
Old 6th December 2007, 13:12   #3
BHPian

Just a little more patience, dear friend. Vinay is a good guy, will help you out.
Old 6th December 2007, 14:17   #4
Senior - BHPian

well -fiat is good at one thing -screwing up. that they are world champions. When the guy was gving me a TD - he was like -sir- "raise the car" - i asked him if i book this fiat - will i get this piece - and he said yes
Old 6th December 2007, 14:32   #5
Senior - BHPian

This is pathetic, I suggest to cancel the booking and look for another dealer.
Also the new year is around the corner, why not wait till the new year and get a new car in the new year.
Old 6th December 2007, 14:39   #6
Senior - BHPian

Rajan, I can understand your frustration, but I think the dealer is to be blamed for this mess-up rather than Fiat, it was because of that stupid Salesman (Bharat) who shud have dealt with Tata customers only, entertained you and in the process of getting your Car goofed up the entire thing!

Good you escalated it to the GM and now you are dealt with the right person.

Relax now! Am sure once you see & drive your Black Beauty, you will forget this avoidable incident!

Last edited by finneyp : 6th December 2007 at 14:41.
Old 6th December 2007, 14:48   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by madan80 View Post
well -fiat is good at one thing -screwing up. that they are world champions. When the guy was gving me a TD - he was like -sir- "raise the car" - i asked him if i book this fiat - will i get this piece - and he said yes
Sorry to say sometimes its the sales person that spoil the whole thing too.I went to ratan motors service station in chembur.They are also a true value dealer and sell cars too.
There was a demo alto parked for test drive.I asked him if that car is up for sale.He said No.I asked him is he going to remove the demo car stickers/wash it and sell it to a customer.He said YES.
I was .There he loses out on a customer just by his talks.Really stupid
Old 6th December 2007, 15:03   #8
BHPian

Rajan,

Sorry to say this but I have known Vinay during my earlier days of Palio enquiries!
Though hes promising, his position or the dealers position doesnt make him fulfill his commitments.

Speak loud, demand Your booking history, say You would shift to Maruti and watch them run wild.
Old 6th December 2007, 15:44   #9

I had a better experience at Concorde

Even I visited Manipal motors two weeks back on a sunday. Bharath Bhushan was the sales rep. They did not give me a TD saying TD is not available on Sat/Sun What is the point of keeping the showroom open on these days if you cannot give TDs? Bharath did not even know what was the BHP and engine capacity on the Palio.

I went to Prerana near Urvashi after that. Even they did not have a Fiat test car. I took TD of XETA. Nothing great about the TD experience, though they give all the relevant info. and offered to give a TD of Palio on a weekday.

The best experience was in Concorde, Hosur road. Kishore took us for a TD first in Palio SLX and later in XETA GLG. He allowed to test drive without interfering too much and answering questions patiently. And he has been prompt is following up with the offers etc. without being too pushy.
If I decide to buy SLX (currently looking for a second hand Palio), I will definitely give the business to Concorde.
Old 6th December 2007, 16:39   #10
BANNED

Oh! So the bad experience starts even before getting to own the car!
I just can't imagine why people still buy cars from manufacturers/dealers like these.

Threaten them with cancelling the order and buying a Swift. If they don't deliver even then, do it.
Old 6th December 2007, 16:49   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak View Post
Threaten them with cancelling the order and buying a Swift. If they don't deliver even then, do it.
But I want a FIAT.
Old 6th December 2007, 17:05   #12
Senior - BHPian

You can also ask them if there is one available in a nearby city/dealer. Speak to the Tata-Fiat GM- Sales of your area, he might help you out.

In my case, speaking to the GM Sales was the most intelligent thing I did. After waiting for a month, and still no sight of my car, I gave him a call (sourced his number from some contact at the dealer) gave him my booking history. My car was brought from a Chandigarh dealer and was handed over to me the very next day. Zero marks to the dealer, full marks to the GM!
Old 6th December 2007, 17:08   #13
Senior - BHPian

According to me patience is key here. Many times we meet wrong people for the deal we are trying to make.

Once you own this car you will be very happy customer.

What I have seen is:

Buying Maruti product is very easy but ownership experience is pathetic with lot of minor issues and for Fiat its other way and for TATA its both ways

I own Innova. For puncture repair of one tyre Ravindu toyota took 4 hours. Even after car is ready and I make payment of 146/- rs. they are not driving car out so i can take it. this is common with most of the business now days.

Lot of half knoweldge people work in organizations and lot of Ego/Communication issues going on everywhere which resulted the word "frustration".

Answer to save this : "Patience" and approach right person.

So I suggest wait for a while. But during waiting time make it clear to dealer If they don't stick to their words and timeline you would cancel the booking.

Also you can set a rule with GM saying If they further delay the car delivery for 2 weeks ask for 2% discount on Ex showroom price of the car.

Regards,

Ravi.

Last edited by ravibhat : 6th December 2007 at 17:13.
Old 6th December 2007, 17:11   #14
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravibhat View Post
Buying Maruti product is very easy but ownership experience is pathetic with lot of minor issues
A very sweeping statement on a company that keeps winning the highest rating in customer satisfaction.

lets not go offtopic here.
This thread is about Palio, let it remain about Palio.

Last edited by bblost : 6th December 2007 at 17:14. Reason: none
Old 6th December 2007, 18:24   #15
BHPian

I have met Vinay and have had a very good experiance, I booked my 1.6 with him and the car was delivered on the date at the time that it was promised, with things that were promised. I suggest a little paitence, the car is worth it believe me.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks