Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th January 2008, 16:03   #1
BHPian

Reliable Maruti Service Centre in Mumbai

Hello,
I have a Swift VDi which I purchased from Spectra Motors, Borivali. My experience with the dealer was no good.

And now, my last two experiences with service (the 1st & 2nd free service) was nothing to write about also. The workshop is located in a godforsaken place and the service managers are incompetent.
No explanations given for the work done/not done.

I was asked to fill up a service questionnaire, wherein i answered in the negative for a question where I was asked whether they offered me a test drive post the service. Since the service advisor was standing next to me when i filled in the answer, he instantly butted in and said that i could take a test ride if i wanted ... "If I wanted!?" ... i told him angrily that he hadnt "offered" and thats why my answer stood in the negative!
I couldnt believe this callous attitude on his part.

I read somewhere in the forum about swapping tyre positions during second service. I dont know whether it was done for my car. Is there a way i can make out now?

Also can i do my 3rd free service from any other dealer? if yes, i would like some recommendations here.
Thanks.
Old 15th January 2008, 23:09   #2
Senior - BHPian

You can get your servicing done from any Maruti authorised dealer anywhere in India. Good that you pointed out Spectra's incompetency.

I have got the first two services done in my SX4. First was at S.K.Wheels, Navi Mumbai and second at Vitesse. If there are no issues in the car then S.k. is pretty good. Avoid Vitesse at all costs. Specially the prabhadevi outlet. If you have a problem in your car all they will say is 'this is normal.' And they will start lecturing you on how to drive the car and how every car is the same. You can read my review on my SX4 for more details.

After my second service, I gave Vitesse 8/10 (rating: Good) points for 'car washing.' The service advisor asked me to give more points as 8 points will mean poor rating from Maruti for them. I told him that 8 points in my books is good enough and I will rate them according to what I feel they deserve and not according to what they want.
Old 15th January 2008, 23:14   #3
Senior - BHPian

Strange that you had a bad exp at Spectra! I have been giving my car there for the past 3 years and no issues what so ever. If you are not happy there, try Laxmi cars at Mira Road. Its a multi storied mall for Maruti cars and service center as well. Let me know in case you need help!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks