Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st January 2008, 12:05   #1
BHPian

Looking for a Garage / Mechanic In Delhi

Hi, all Delhiites,
I have moved from Bombay and live in south Delhi, My car is a Zen MPFI. I am looking for a good Mechanic to get the regular service done. I am not too fond of going to a maruti service station but am on the lookout for a Really Good Mechanic who has his own workshop (doesnt matter if it is a roadside one) As long as he can talk cars.
I Love the Roads here compared to Bombay, also the petrol price brings a big smile to my face its nearly 10% cheaper.
Old 4th February 2008, 11:31   #2
BHPian

also a good mechanic for a santro

hi guys awaiting some replies..
I am also looking for a good santro mechanic, as my friend had a bad experience with rama hyundai
Old 1st September 2008, 20:30   #3

Good garage for injector cleaning, etc. in South Delhi

Hi guys...

wow - just wow, at all the things I have learned for the first time!!

I have for example learned not to put the ordinary service center oil in my 2001 Santro, but to use Magnatech. And I have also learned to not trust the service centre.

So guys, here's my question to the many, many car gurus that must be there in Delhi.
If I want to get my injector + throttle body + gear box cleaned and serviced AND also want to get my own engine oil (not the authorized service center oil) .. then I suppose I have to go to an outside mechanic - becaase Hyundai will not allow outside oil.

Where can I get this done in South Delhi.. or failing that anywhere closer by in Delhi.

I'm sorry but I searched the forum and did not find any references to any garages/mechanics in south Delhi. I had thought there would be a thread listing just names and addresses to make it easier for newbies like me...

thanks ya all
Old 2nd September 2008, 13:07   #4
Senior - BHPian

Dunno about South Delhi but can tell you about one in NCR (Gurgaon). If it suits you then PM me.
Old 2nd September 2008, 14:26   #5
Senior - BHPian

Sandeep, you could try Engineers' Service Station right after the Indian Airlines Office at Safdarjang.
While they are Maruti authorized, they do take up other vehicles at times.
Old 2nd September 2008, 14:45   #6

anupmathur - thanks. Know anybody who got their car (other than maruti) dealt there ?
Old 2nd September 2008, 14:59   #7
BHPian

Recommendations for Bangalore?

While on the topic, any recommended place in Bangalore? Am looking for exactly same things, plus a few more things, which are normally done during regular servicing (small, small things that I don't want to bother the big bosses of performance with - that bangalore is known for ).

Am wary of getting my OHC serviced at the authorized service station.

Thanks,
Old 2nd September 2008, 15:58   #8
Senior - BHPian

You can try Pandit & Co. in Okhla Ph-III, ph: 41612844, 26839166. But they're not very cheap compared to other independent garages so make sure you get an estimate before getting any work started.
Old 30th September 2008, 21:22   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
You can try Pandit & Co. in Okhla Ph-III, ph: 41612844, 26839166. But they're not very cheap compared to other independent garages so make sure you get an estimate before getting any work started.
Are they also good for regular servicing ? My 5th service is long overdue, but since the car has not run much, I only plan to flush/change engine oil, coolant, brake oil/gear oil, check other usual stuff. I wanted to get the oils myself and watch over the service, don't want to go to my MASS.
Old 30th September 2008, 21:25   #10
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakensoul View Post
Are they also good for regular servicing ? My 5th service is long overdue, but since the car has not run much, I only plan to flush/change engine oil, coolant, brake oil/gear oil, check other usual stuff. I wanted to get the oils myself and watch over the service, don't want to go to my MASS.
There might be warranty issues. MUL requires all services to be done at the recommended intervals (time or kms) at MASS only'
Old 30th September 2008, 21:58   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
There might be warranty issues. MUL requires all services to be done at the recommended intervals (time or kms) at MASS only'
Warranty is no issue as its over
Old 30th September 2008, 22:18   #12
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Warranty is no issue as its over
Great, then contact GD bhai if you are ok with Gurgaon
Old 1st October 2008, 00:22   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
Great, then contact GD bhai if you are ok with Gurgaon
Well, for ggn I would have to plan for the entire day, but anyway thats an option if I cannot find anything decent in south delhi.
Old 1st October 2008, 01:58   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
They're good but I reiterate they're not cheap especially when you compare them to a normal independent garage. So it's best that before you think of giving your car to them that you get an initial estimate of the costs involved from them.
Old 1st October 2008, 09:29   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
They're good but I reiterate they're not cheap especially when you compare them to a normal independent garage. So it's best that before you think of giving your car to them that you get an initial estimate of the costs involved from them.
Thanks. I'll first speak to them and get an estimate. I'm definitely not looking for something cheap, but their prices should not be also exorbitant, something reasonable for quality work.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks