Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th February 2008, 23:16   #1

Fiat dealer/Service in Chennai

Hello,

I am interested in the Fiat Palio 1.6 Sports car.
I have ben reading a lot about the car and it's After sales service (rather the lack of it) here in TBHP.

I searched TBHP threads for service/dealership experience in Chennai, but couldn't find anything. Can someone please suggest me on the dealer/service center that provides "decent" service in Chennai.

I read about "Thingummy" experience http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...km-review.html and "Markiv" experience http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ab-motors.html

These threads are making me nervous about Palio. Am I really making the right decision about the Palio purchase or should I opt for safe option and settle for the Hyundai i10?

-r
Old 8th February 2008, 15:26   #2
BHPian

If you are not already aware Fiats are now being sold and serviced by Tata dealers and service stations . In chennai you have Concorde Motors (Guindy, Mogappair) and i guess VST motors do it too..

As for Palio vs i10 , unless you are very passionate about Palio go for the i10. AFAIK hyundai A.S.S is very good.
Old 9th February 2008, 12:46   #3

I sent an email to Fiat and I received a reply convincing me about the service and spare parts. Also, I got a call from Concorde motors and they gave me assurance about the spare parts.

Can someone throw some light about the quality of tata service in Chennai for Palio 1.6 Stile.

Manipal motors is very close to my home. Are they good?
By the way, spare parts availability - is it an issue only in erstwhile Palio 1.6 or is it an issue in Palio Stile 1.6 also?

My other option is i10 which has good service back up but not as fun to drive as Palio. I am not considering Swift since I need the car within a month.

Please help me with my questions.

Thanks.
-r
ps: I am not sure if this thread belongs here or in the "What Car" section!
Old 10th February 2008, 19:57   #4
Senior - BHPian

parts themselves are not an issue , its how well stocked the inventory of the service centers are that is an issue. usually for parts i end up waiting for a week or more before its sent from the fiat factory in Ranjangaon.
Old 10th February 2008, 20:48   #5

Hello Bottle,

Is this spare parts waiting time only for "special" parts or even for car parts that may be required in regular services??
Also, can you let me know which service center/dealer to deal with? Is Manipal motors good? Do they have capable mechanics to handle Fiat cars?

-r
Old 10th February 2008, 21:08   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramv View Post
I sent an email to Fiat and I received a reply convincing me about the service and spare parts. Also, I got a call from Concorde motors and they gave me assurance about the spare parts.
You got to be kidding me! you are going to buy their version? also mind you the spare parts are very expensive. please in through the threads which mention the spare parts cost of the palio.

raj
Old 10th February 2008, 21:14   #7
Senior - BHPian

There is really no comparo in performance between the palio 1.6 & the i10. bottle has a palio 1.6 stile & a palio 1.2, so he would know what he is talking about. my advice, get the hunk, leave the girly to the sissies.
Old 11th February 2008, 17:26   #8
BHPian

Manipal motors is very close to my home. Are they good?
By the way, spare parts availability - is it an issue only in erstwhile Palio 1.6 or is it an issue in Palio Stile 1.6 also?

Hi. I would suggest log on to Palio Users Group on yahoo groups. You will be able to get all the information you need on Chennai dealers from Palio owners in Chennai.

Cheers
Old 12th February 2008, 17:27   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramv View Post
Hello Bottle,

Is this spare parts waiting time only for "special" parts or even for car parts that may be required in regular services??
Also, can you let me know which service center/dealer to deal with? Is Manipal motors good? Do they have capable mechanics to handle Fiat cars?

-r

well i faced delays of a week to even get an alternator replaced (this is at concorde) .. if your car is something like mission critical then i would suggest you to wait a bit for tata to get their act together .. but things are getting better.. lesson #1 in case any parts need replacing immediately dash off an email to service@fiat.com. no use just giving it to the service shop and sitting around twiddling your thumbs

Last edited by bottle : 12th February 2008 at 17:29.
Old 12th February 2008, 21:39   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by bottle View Post
well i faced delays of a week to even get an alternator replaced (this is at concorde) .. if your car is something like mission critical then i would suggest you to wait a bit for tata to get their act together .. but things are getting better.. lesson #1 in case any parts need replacing immediately dash off an email to service@fiat.com. no use just giving it to the service shop and sitting around twiddling your thumbs
I am used to Maruti's good service for Esteem and SX4....I had a Hero Honda bike and their service too was excellent....Now I have a Honda Unicorn and I am badly missing Hero Honda's service....I dont think I can withstand Fiat/Tata's service or rather the lack of it.....I think I will settle for i10...

-r
Old 13th February 2008, 15:50   #11
BHPian

I think I10 is not worth the money. It's better to buy a Getz 1.1 litre. I have driven one and it is quite nice to drive. Very spacious, wll built, decent interiors.
Old 13th February 2008, 16:32   #12
OEM
BHPian

Fiat dealer/Service in Chennai

Try Concorde motors, Velachery

Speak to Mr. Chandresekhar (Fiat sales person - 9841341417) or to Mr. Nagarj (Sales head South - 9894222227). They will be able to help you. And You can quote me.

I am personally picking up my MJD from them (whenever it is launched).
Had earlier put down an advance for the 1.1 SLX but then changed my mind.

And these guys have been gracious to let me wait. Quite a change for the stodggy old image of FIAT
Old 25th May 2011, 11:54   #13

Re: Fiat dealer/Service in Chennai

I am looking to buy a GTX in Chennai and I have a couple of Cars that are in offer. Can anyone let me know a good mechanic who can inspect the vehicles and certify them. I am sorry if i had posted a repeat question, searches in the forum did not help.
Old 25th May 2011, 12:54   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SidSwami View Post
Can anyone let me know a good mechanic who can inspect the vehicles and certify them.
Check with Raghav from the Ignite garage if he might be able to offer some help. Here is the thread that has his contact information.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/chenna...e-chennai.html
Old 25th May 2011, 14:32   #15

Thanks thenomad. I spoke to him, and he said he would help. Will post updates once I finalize on the vehicles. Thanks again.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks