Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd February 2008, 16:58   #16
Senior - BHPian

Wrote a nice mail to General Motors yesterday morning.

Response came till yesterday evening

Dear Mr. XXXXXX,

We are in receipt of your email message concerning your experience at our enfranchised dealership, M/s Triumph Motors, Delhi.

We have gone through content of your e-mail and at the outset we appreciate your diligence in sharing your experience as a valuable feedback. Based on your e-mail message, we are currently looking into the details of this matter and investigating the same with the concerned authorities at M/s Triumph Motors. Based on your e-mail message, we are advising Service Manager, Triumph Motors, to immediately to get in touch with you and provide you with necessary assistance and clarification on the subject matter.

Further, as an immediate action we are highlighting this issue to our Zonal Afterslaes Office, for their intimation and necessary intervention at the indicated areas.

We thank you for writing into us and giving us the opportunity to be of assistance.

Warm regards

XXXXXXXXXXXX

Customer Assistance Center
General Motors India, Gurgaon
Fax No - XXXXX
E- mail - XXXXX at gm.com
GM BuyPower

24X7 Customer Care Help Desk : 30308080

Might be going to pickup the veichle today evening.

Last edited by ashthedivx : 22nd February 2008 at 17:00. Reason: Editing HTML quotes
Old 22nd February 2008, 17:06   #17
Senior - BHPian

mmm.. when the Service Manager said that he will get it sorted out, my take is that your mail to GM and their follow up might have cause some unwanted friction.

regardless, this is your hard earned money we are talking about and you have every right to search every avenue's for the right resolution.

hope you get ur vehicle with all issues sorted out.
Old 23rd February 2008, 12:06   #18
Senior - BHPian

Good that you received a prompt reply. Let us know how it worked out.
Old 23rd February 2008, 12:06   #19
Senior - BHPian

Good that you received a prompt reply. Let us know how it worked out.
Old 26th February 2008, 23:04   #20
Senior - BHPian

Finally i got the car on the 23rd Feb morning, works manager seems to be very helpful after the mail. Though the billed amount including went > 18K but still it looks fine as every major thing seems to be replaced.

PS: Was out on an urgent official tour to south, will post the further details in morning.
Old 27th February 2008, 10:32   #21
Senior - BHPian

Major Bill Details @ 60K service

Engine Flush - 506 Rs
Fuel Filter - 183 Rs
Air Filter - 327 Rs
Engine oil 3.75 Lt - 516 Rs
V-Belt - 610 Rs
Tensioner - 1344 Rs
Tensioner Timing Belt - 3003 Rs
Water Pump - 2602 Rs
Timing Belt - 1347 Rs
Thermostat Housing - 524 Rs
Coolant - 746 Rs
Pulley Idler - 1126 Rs
Spark Plugs - 238 Rs
Paid Service - 625 Rs
Extra Labour - 2535 Rs
Total ( - 10% Labour Discount) 18250 Rs

I do felt it is on higher side, but quantity of work done i zipped my mouth and paid the amount.
Old 27th April 2009, 12:27   #22
Senior - BHPian

Thats nice ash , post some pics of the car .

PS : Do you ask the replaced parts of your car ?
Old 27th April 2009, 12:34   #23
Senior - BHPian

Will post pictures shortly..

All replaced parts were dropped in trunk without asking
Old 28th April 2009, 18:34   #24
BHPian

Hi ash ! have you ever got the clutch assembly changed of your optra ? If yes can you tell at what mileage and the cost breakup ? Also the GM A. S. S. people tell me that the transmission oil of the vehicle does not require change or top up is that true ? thanks
Old 29th April 2009, 09:44   #25
Senior - BHPian

*Touchwood* Clutch working very fine till date
Old 29th April 2009, 09:49   #26
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashthedivx View Post
All replaced parts were dropped in trunk without asking
That's they do as their servicing guideline.

Going by the work they've done, I feel 18250/- is pretty reasonable amount.
Old 29th April 2009, 10:14   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Also the GM A. S. S. people tell me that the transmission oil of the vehicle does not require change or top up is that true ?
It's usually the case unless there is a leak or the gearbox has been opened. But just to feel reassured, one can get it replaced during a major service.
Old 29th April 2009, 10:51   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudra Sen View Post
Going by the work they've done, I feel 18250/- is pretty reasonable amount.
Indeed it was, that's why I zipped my mouth and paid the same
Old 26th July 2010, 13:19   #29
Senior - BHPian

Cooling Issue in my 2004 GM Optra 1.6 (Petrol)

Hey guys
I too have an 2004 Optra 1.6 which has done 89k kms. Of this 89k 79k was on petrol only and the balance 9k is on CNG.
The vehicle was serviced at regular intervals at Authorised service stations only till 73k kms and since then I have got the service done at Car Scanners a 3rd party garage near at house.
The timing bely issue was taken care off at 73k kms (Authorised Service) and since then the vehicle has been serviced twice. 1st at 82k kms and then at 87k kms at the local garage. At these service intervals I'd got the basic oil, oil filter, air filter, spark plugs, changed and the injectors cleaned, Plus other normal stuff like alignment, tyre rotation, balancing etc.

Now the issue plaguing me is the cooling of the engine. First the coolant started leaking from the throttle body which the local garage bypassed by routing of the coolant from the throttle body, then the thermostat gave way and was replaced, then the coolant started leaking from the place where the coolant is routed inside the cooling coil for heating inside the cabin which was taken care of by bypassing that too so now the vehicle has no heating and now the radiator has developed an issue and alot of coolant comes out as steam from the top of the radiator.

As this car is 6 years old and I would like to keep it. Please advise how should I take care of it
Should I take care of the issue as and when they crop up?
OR Should I go in for an extensive overhaul of the cooling system?

I have inquired from the workshop and they've said that a new radiator is approx Rs.7.5K?
I am in a dilemma on what to do as apart from this the vehicle has never given me an issue in the 6+ years of ownership.
Also I would like the NCR Bhpians to advise me on any good workshops in and around Delhi where this issue can be taken care of in detail once and for all!!! I do not mind spending a little extra but I would certainly like not being taken for a ride i.e. spending the money and still being stuck with this issue.

Awaiting in anticipation!!!

PS
Mods I dintt want to start another thread so if this is out of place please move the post to an appropriate thread.
Old 27th July 2010, 11:18   #30
Senior - BHPian

Harjeev,

Looks like optra's cooling system needs to be revived for sure. I would suggest to get problem checked at Autorised service center, understand what the basic problem is and what needs to be changed. Take estimate and try after-market estimate with co.s recommended part to be changed, this should do the job.

Are you using mixing tap water/boring water in coolant, I used RO water - one we use to drink at home and had not any such problem even till the time of selling my optra @ 1.25 Lakh Kms.

Cheers

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks