Team-BHP - Fiesta 3rd service average cost
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Indian Car Dealerships (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-dealerships/)
-   -   Fiesta 3rd service average cost (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-dealerships/36427-fiesta-3rd-service-average-cost.html)

I have given my Fiesta (1.4 ZXi Petrol) for the 3rd service at Cauvery Ford in Bangalore. They just called me to inform that I would have to pay Rs. 3000+ for engine oil and oil filter replacement. The person in charge said that they would be using 4.2 litres of Mobil engine oil (this is Rs. 850 per litre) and another 100 for the filter.

Are these prices normal? :Shockked:

C

Defn it's overpriced.
I just bought some 3.5 lts of Mobil 5W50 Engine oil for Rs.560.
Please check it before settlement.

The figure seems abnormally high. I paid Rs 4676 during 3rd service, out of which about 1700 was for oil change, and the rest for Waxoyl polish on the inner sides of all doors.

They are probably using Mobil 1 fully synthetic oil and hence the high price , you can ask the to use normal mineral oil .

Thats why i hate Ford.

Anyways,if they are using Fully Synthetic oil,they should have asked the customer.

and when moving from mineral or semi synthetic to Fully synthetic oil,Engine Flush is also neccesary.

in all cases,3100 Rs for normal service apart from Oil Change costs is a Highway robbery.

Quote:

Originally Posted by simply_sunny001 (Post 745329)
Thats why i hate Ford.
Anyways,if they are using Fully Synthetic oil,they should have asked the customer.

He did mention it was Fully Synthetic oil and he also added the obligatory "Ford recommends" shill. So the oil is way overpriced? What are the options I have now? By now, the car is probably done :(

Quote:

Originally Posted by simply_sunny001 (Post 745329)
Thats why i hate Ford.

and when moving from mineral or semi synthetic to Fully synthetic oil,Engine Flush is also neccesary.

in all cases,3100 Rs for normal service apart from Oil Change costs is a Highway robbery.

Yes , quite agree with you, in any case the customer should have been informed before jumping to synthetic oils.

Amit

Quote:

Originally Posted by calvinkrishy (Post 745335)
He did mention it was Fully Synthetic oil and he also added the obligatory "Ford recommends" shill. So the oil is way overpriced? What are the options I have now? By now, the car is probably done :(

If you haven't told them to hang on, chances are that its done by now. The Fiesta has an oil change every 10k kms, why are they pushing synthetic oil????

Mine's been the regular oil all along its 51k km life (I have a 1.6 SXI), costs me around 850 plus taxes for the complete oil & oil filter change.

Man, you should ruin their happiness, tell them you are not going to pay for something that you haven't authorized!

Quote:

Originally Posted by suman (Post 745351)
Man, you should ruin their happiness, tell them you are not going to pay for something that you haven't authorized!

Exactly. Don't pay a paise more than what you would for mineral oil.

This is odd here in Mumbai they will tell you to stick to mineral oil as recommended in the owner's manual

I just went back and checked my car service bills to make sure that they (Cauvery Ford) were filling mineral oil in my Ikon during servicing. Sure enough, it was. Do complain to the Service Manager, and drive the point in that you would prefer to have mineral oil filled in your car, and not synthetic oil.

Hi Benny,

Long time we go to connect trust you Mike is going cool.

I guess Ford these days is using Mobil? and what was the cost of your last service and could you share the brake up , I am running inot next service early april....

This would help...

Thanks

Quote:

Originally Posted by VC12 (Post 748051)
Hi Benny,

Long time we go to connect trust you Mike is going cool.

I guess Ford these days is using Mobil? and what was the cost of your last service and could you share the brake up , I am running inot next service early april....

This would help...

Thanks

Hi
My sxi is due for 1 year service, and I've fixed 23rd Mar as the service date, when Mody Ford called me.
My car has covered 8K kms, so my question is, apart from wheel rotation, do I need to change the oils too? I remember they changed the engine oil in the 3rd service during end September, when the car had clocked 4000 kms on the odo.
Further, since wheels will be rotated, should I go for balancing and alignment as well, or should I defer them to the next service?

@VC12 , vnabhi : I usually ask for wheel balancing and wheel alignment to be done at almost all the time when i take my car for servicing, just to make sure there is no uneven tyre wear.

@vnabhi : Please refer the service manual to find out the intervals at which the oils are replaced, and filters changed. There is no better alternative to this.

@VC12: IIRC, I have updated the breakup of costs from my car's last service in my ownership thread. :) I do not exactly remember what is the brand of engine oil being used.

Thanks benbsb29. I will get the wheels balanced now too. The insurance renewal is giving me a free coupon as well for these jobs.