Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th May 2008, 16:46   #1
BHPian

Need Good Toyota Corolla Service @ Mumbai

For my recently acquired Corolla, I need recommendation of a good Service Station at Mumbai for service as well as repairs.

With my very limited interaction, I found Shinrai (worli) to be good & Madhuban (Kurla) to be average.

The car has been serviced twice at Shinrai earlier, since I stay in the suburbs I would prefer either Madhuban or Lakozy (Malad).

Kindly provide your recommendations & experiences.
Old 7th June 2008, 17:25   #2
BHPian

No response, I see not many toyota users from Mumbai in the forum.

Anyways sharing my experience - I was having some difficulty at Madhuban Toyota, Mumbai :-

1. Required replacement of Brake Fluid container cap.

2. First Visit with car :- Promptly attended with utmost courtesy Response: - Identified part not available, therefore ordered, shall come in 1 week.

3. Second Visit with car next week:- Waited for over 1 hour as delays due to rush. Response: - Ordered part is wrong one, apologised & informed that reordered part shall come in a 2 days.

4. Called Service Advisor after 4 days. Response: - Shall call back with confirmation, no call!!!.

5. Wrote a feedback on experience to Toyota online Toyota - Contactus

The dealership called up within 24hrs and resolved the issue promptly to my satisfaction. They took my written confirmation to be sent to Toyota. Resolved on 06/06/2008.

Although issues shall crop up with A.S.S of all car makers but I was happy to see that unlike most others, Toyota takes service experience seriously.

Satisified to know that incase of any issue I will not have to hunt for contact numbers and email IDs, a simple feedback via online form or call to call center should be enough.
Old 7th June 2008, 18:56   #3
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Stick to Shinrai and if needed, talk to Godrej (Service Manager). Tell him you heard about him on Team-BHP.
GTO is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th June 2008, 19:27   #4
BHPian

Thanks GTO, Shall speak to Mr. Godrej as advised.

I realise that for service or major work my car is better off being attended to at Shinrai, even if I need to travel the distance.
Old 7th June 2008, 19:28   #5
Senior - BHPian

Our Corolla is serviced at Madhuban. Whoever it is, we've never had a problem with them or Toyota A.S.S. and every call has been answered courteously and promptly. But if GTO has a contact there, it must definitelely be of some significance. Go with his pointers.
Old 9th June 2008, 11:44   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by liberal View Post
5. Wrote a feedback on experience to Toyota online Toyota - Contactus

Satisified to know that incase of any issue I will not have to hunt for contact numbers and email IDs, a simple feedback via online form or call to call center should be enough.
That is correct, as I can attest. My advice is that write to Toyota about your experience with your dealer and then see your mobile flooded with apologetic calls from Toyota and more importantly from the dealer, followed by concrete and quick action. Wrote twice, and was happy both times.
Old 3rd March 2009, 22:32   #7
BHPian

i just tried out madhuban I used to go to millineum (thane) , i felt a huge leap in terms of hospitality,promt work,and polite guys.
At millineum they treat you like crap,especially a modded car which is looked down upon , it always was like you have non genune stuff and its bound to have proabs.
plus a one week waiting for a service.
Madhuban service advisors on the other hand extremely polite and i have a feeling they are cheaper too in terms of labour charges.

@gto mr godrej is a very helpful man. he helped me get some tappets that no other dealership was willing . I am sure shinari is excellent.

stay away from millineum they have too many customers . it seems to have gotten to their head.
Old 3rd March 2009, 22:40   #8
BANNED

Slight OT, anybody having an idea about the availability of Service manual for Corolla?
Old 4th March 2009, 15:53   #9
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by paras211 View Post
@gto mr godrej is a very helpful man. he helped me get some tappets that no other dealership was willing . I am sure shinari is excellent.
Godrej is an automotive guru! He'd arranged for my Classic during his days at Mahindra. A gentleman of astounding character.
Old 5th March 2009, 17:03   #10
BHPian

Guess what, i got a call from millineum toyota " Sir you have written ... on some web site.What is wrong ? Why are you not happy, things have changed a lot please do come to our place". She also asked me to change my comments , i refused saying i will post up new comments after i come to millineum for another service.

I am kinda impressed by the phone call ,do they google their name everyday?

BTW - at madhuban the guys who made me change is Mr Saddiq and Mr Biju excellent service and very accomodating to our(car nuts) whims and fancies.
Old 24th January 2016, 04:00   #11
BHPian

Re: Need Good Toyota Corolla Service @ Mumbai

Have always gotten my Corolla Altis serviced and repairs carried out at Madhuban Toyota, Kurla.

On the body work department, excellent attention by a gentleman Mr. Hiremani over there. I think he heads that unit. They had messed up fixing the boot and bumper replacement earlier. A single complaint by way of a phone call resulted in proper follow up by Mr Hiremani.

It seems to be a different story with the service department though, just about average. The 60000 km service on the car is due. The abnormalities I have observed are that the MID has thrice flashed a message saying that the parking brake needs to be released inspite of it being released properly. Happened only in the morning. And I can sense a bit of wobbling on the front right side when I brake after reach 50-60 kmph. So was going through TBHP since some hours, in the hope of finding a good FNG in Mumbai. While Select Auto Garage has garnered praises at this thread, the turnaround time seems to be too high. Guess I have come a full circle now, on reading this, I think I am going back to Madhuban on Monday. Will post if they advise something abnormal.

Appreciate if someone can also mention any reliable FNG, or any explanations to the wobbling. I hope I am not hijacking this thread - wasn't sure if I should start a new one.

Still wondering, could locate very few discussions on Toyota A.S.S. Wonder why!!
Old 24th January 2016, 08:53   #12
BHPian

Why not give Sunil Shanbaug of Select Auto, Dadar a call? His details are there in the service provider thread. You can call him on 98338 85868.

Edit: Apologies, I missed your mention of Select. Yes, they do take time, but the work quality is worth it.

Last edited by anilp : 24th January 2016 at 08:56.
anilp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th September 2016, 09:13   #13
BHPian

Has anyone tried to replace 2007 Corolla dash ?

Mine has come apart as its nearing 10 years and covered 75000 kms , did like to do suspension overhaul/replacement ( never done it before ) , dashboard and few touch ups ( or repaint ) . I have a very emotional attachment with this car and dont want to sell it.

The dashboard issue came up due to repair work done by Lakozy 2 years ago, once it was removed , they could not place it properly

Other than these , I don't have any issue with the car and would like to keep till she can continue running

Can anyone provide me shop/distributor list which would be able to source OEM quality equipment for 2007 corolla ?
Old 9th December 2016, 16:43   #14
BHPian

I hope this is the correct thread for my query.

My 2005 Toyota Corolla 106xxx kms all of a sudden decided to give up on me. After cranking the ignition more than a couple of times, the car refused to come alive. I could hear the starter, but it seems the car wasn't getting any fuel. After waiting for sometime, I cranked the car again and it started after about 10 seconds of crank. I got the car home and parked it.

Upon calling a mechanic from a FNG, we discovered that the spark plugs, coil and injectors are working fine and there was a problem with the fuel pump.
Upon inspection, the mechanic showed me a busted fuel pump motor which needed replacement. The pump motor was called for (Bosch) and after installation, the same problem persisted. The motor takes too long a crank to start. Once started, when revved, the car does not rev freely up till 2000rpm and from there it works fine.

I took the car to Lakozy Toyota and I ask them to inspect the car. Upon initial inspection, the service advisor and the mechanic tell me its the fuel pump. The fuel pump costs approximately Rs 12xxx/-
This morning I receive an estimate of Rs. 24xxx/- + TAX (Estimate Attached)

I did not expect the pump and its cost to shoot up almost two times the cost.

The mechanic who replaced the motor told me that its the fuel pump that is choked and needs replacement. I have personally seen the fuel pump and its condition is such that the clip, plate, rubber cushion can be re-used easily.

What I need to understand is if I ask the Service guys to cut corners by re-using some re-usable parts, would they end up doing a shoddy job with it?
From what I have seen, the above mentioned clip, plate and the rubber cushion and maybe the tubes (if they haven't hardened over time being dipped in petrol) can be re-used without any problem.

Also, can someone give me a little insight on what a regulator fuel assembly is?

Thanks in advance!

DM99
Attached Files
File Type: pdf MH02AK9972.pdf (130.9 KB, 477 views)
Old 11th December 2016, 02:19   #15
BHPian

My suggestion would be to never mess with fuel pump . Replace the whole unit along with rubber parts

Old rubber part will never fit properly and in your case they are nearly 10 years old . I highly recommend to replace affected parts with high quality ones .

My Dad had a very bad experience with Hyundai accent. This happened in 2004 on eastern express highway. There was no warning signs and suddenly car broke down . We had to get her towed to nearest Hyundai service centre

Upon inspection it was found that fuel pump busted and we could see a burnt wire inside the pump . I believe we did not see any explosion just because fuel tank was full. From that day onwards we never keep fuel tank below 40℅ mark . This was a rare case which even surprised Hyundai officials but after this incident whenever we had plans to upgrade my Dad never shortlisted Hyundai.

No offence to Hyundai or any manufacturer , this is a rare incident and whenever there is issue with fuel lines or pump ,just replace it from company service centre

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks