Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th June 2008, 10:20   #1

Chevrolet Talera Motors, PUNE

Dear Sir,

I am very sorry to inform you that world's leader in automobiles M/s.General Motors (Chevrolet) name is been spoiled by M/s.Talera Motors Pvt. Ltd.
I would like to brief you about the incidents which i have faced right from the day one of my car purchase from M/s.Talera Motors Pvt. Ltd.

1)I have booked Spark 1.0 PS model but the car test drive was done in 1.0 LT model and the information regarding back tray( dickey tray) was not communicated to me and this was a shock for me when i went to take the delivery of the car.
2) Car was not delivered on the specified time.
3) Car was delivered with very less petrol and the low petrol alarm indicator was on when i took the delivery. After approaching to the executives of M/s.Talera Motors then they told that they are helpless.
The car petrol tank got dried up soon after 1 km from the showroom and i had to tow the car to the nearest petrol pump.(its a shame for the car manufacturer to have such 'D' grade authorised dealers)
4) I had given the car for servicing on 24-06-2008 and i told the car pick-up person to deliver the car sharp at 4:00pm as i have to travel out of station.
But after several reminders to the service station, my car was delivered to me at 5:40pm. I had to cancel all my appointment just because of your efficient dealer.
5) The car petrol level indicator was showing more than 1/4th level before servicing, but after i got the car, the petrol level was just near to the empty level.(This is what a middle class person expect from M/s. General Motors, authorised dealer service stations and that too in this era of costly petrol)????
6)Last and the most important, the car was delivered in a very very dirty conditions. The whole interior was dirty and there were mud stamps on the rear seat.
Dash board was also dirty with all types of permanent marks on it. The area near the mats was horrible and same was the condition of the exterior body.
When i called up the service manager, he told me that the washing people are new, so there might be complaints regarding cleanliness.

Now you only tell me what shall i do? This is my first car and this is how M/s.General Motor is treating their new family members. I had the worst experience of my life by purchasing General Motor car. Shall i sell my car and buy some other good brand, who knows the customer value and importance.

I would humbly request you to take strict strict action against such evil practices. Its the GENERAL MOTOR'S name which is getting spoiled and not anybody else.
The end victim is the poor customers who are attached to General Motors and their dealers.
Old 26th June 2008, 17:15   #2
bkm
BHPian

While some of the points are of concern , some pointed out are not so serious . But none the less my experience as a GM customer so far has been very good with two service centers at Mumbai. Please mail to GM customer care also , they will respond and take corrective action.
Old 26th June 2008, 18:28   #3
Senior - BHPian

You have posted the same in Mouthshut also, right? My experience has been wonderful with Talera so far. They have even sent their mechanic to my house to see a minor problem in my Tavera.

After 2 and a half years of perfect servicing and superb personal care, I can vouch for their professionalism.

You need to get in touch with their Sales Manager and Showroom Manager, if your problems are still not solved.

All the best!
Old 26th June 2008, 23:58   #4
Senior - BHPian

Dont let the dealer go away with this easily. Complain to GM and do show pics if you have taken any
Old 27th June 2008, 11:01   #5
BHPian

@vishal_ngp - very sorry hear about your experience with Talera Motors. We too faced a lot of problems with the delivery of our first Corsa from Talera.

Where do you stay ? Because i would suggest you to go to Pashankar automobiles service centre from now on. They have 2 service centres - one near Baner on Mumbai Pune highway and the other one is located on Satara Road.

@Chevy Lover - your's is the first 'nice' experience with Talera, that i have heard, seriously !
Old 27th June 2008, 12:07   #6

Dude, IMO your complaint against these "evil" practices, am afraid, may not cut any ice with GM management.

You have received a model as invoiced. Time delay is generally inconsequential, as it happens both ways.

If you got a good deal then less petrol maybe excusable. But yes if you got stranded 1km from the dealer location, you have a good case for a 10-20 ltr distress compensation (from the dealer), and a verbal apology.

Servicing delays generally happen. We all know that and prepare for it.

Excess usage of fuel while at service point is usually a sign of either careless draining or incidental pilferage. You should have charged the service GM, if your job card had fuel marked as 1/4th?

But it is customary to expect minor fuel loss. We have to get used to it.

Regarding car delivery, you should have declined to take delivery if it was in such a condition (as you describe). Until you sign on that delivery receipt, you can have your full money back (for no reason also).

But the dealer should be happy to give it a makeover next time you visit.

IMO, enjoy your new car! It is much improved. You will like it.

You got good savings (maybe this is why you bought a Spark), there are free services down the line if you took the maintenance package.

You need to be friendly with the Dealer. Go meet the Principal, chat him up. Humour him and you will see that he quickly orders for cofee, and values your sale too. And will go out of his way.
Old 27th June 2008, 14:06   #7
Senior - BHPian

[quote=hkanitkar;882385 @Chevy Lover - your's is the first 'nice' experience with Talera, that i have heard, seriously ![/quote]

It could be due to the fact that I know the Sales Manager! I have never had any complaints so far! Mine could be a special case!

My vehicle always received special treatment and I am happy with their service.

If there is a problem, you need to escalte it to the right person.
Old 27th June 2008, 19:35   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkanitkar View Post
@vishal_ngp - very sorry hear about your experience with Talera Motors. We too faced a lot of problems with the delivery of our first Corsa from Talera.

Where do you stay ? Because i would suggest you to go to Pashankar automobiles service centre from now on. They have 2 service centres - one near Baner on Mumbai Pune highway and the other one is located on Satara Road.

@Chevy Lover - your's is the first 'nice' experience with Talera, that i have heard, seriously !
Pashankar is a good dealer. I get my Corsa Sail serviced from the Satara Road centre (very close to my house). I have never had any issues with the service quality.

With Talera service center being at Wagholi, they insist that you fill up petrol worth Rs 500 minimum (this happened with me the first & last time, sent their driver back home). Never dealt with them afterwards.

Nikhil
Old 27th June 2008, 21:52   #9
BHPian

@Chevy Lover - Its a good idea to know the service manager at any car-maker's service centre. The worst part is when you know the owner, and still get treated bad. Same thing happened with us - my father knew the owners personally, and inspite of talking to the right people, we got a lotta trouble ! Anyways, thats a different story.

@TakeOnMe - you are right in what you said.
But there are few things expected as a simple professional practice ( Washing/cleaning the new and ready to be delivered car, Delivering the car on time - atleast when you make your customer travel more than 10-15 Kms away from the city to take the car; and have enough fuel in the vehicle to make sure that customer reaches the nearest petrol bunk - and a lot more )
Old 28th June 2008, 08:08   #10
BHPian

The dealer is obliged to fill 5 litres petrol when delivering the vehicle. And have all tires inflated to proper pressures.

The dealer does not have to become a cheapstake just because the customer is getting a good deal from GM! Neither should you tolerate any nonsense on the same account.

Go to a good car workshop - get your baby thoroughly cleaned, inside and outside.

Cheers
-Anand

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks