Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th August 2008, 16:34   #1
BHPian

Bosch Car Service in Whitefield ?

I came across this article which talks about a new Bosch Car Service outlet in whitefield area. (OM Sai Service). Does anybody has any info on this ?
India eNews - Bosch Car Service widens footprint in Bangalore
Old 4th August 2008, 20:17   #2
BHPian

Unless it's a different service centre with the same name, it's actually in Brookefields on Ryan International School road - an existing service center possibly just re-branded.
Old 5th August 2008, 08:44   #3
BHPian

I think it should be the case as most Bosch car service centres in Bangalore are just normal centres which has some affiliation with Bosch.Do you have their phone number ?
Old 9th August 2008, 20:15   #4
BHPian

[quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by joecherian View Post
I think it should be the case as most Bosch car service centres in Bangalore are just normal centres which has some affiliation with Bosch.Do you have their phone number ?
[/QUOTE

Right you are. Nothing great about them, infact Road side Garages have more knowledge about our cars as I consider them street smart , though not trust worthy at times.

Little wonder, the Bosch car service centre on Bellary Road, near Esteem Mall, Bangalore shut down about an year back. Even the one on the " West of Chord Road " is keeping a low profile.

So long....
Old 2nd December 2008, 15:41   #5
Senior - BHPian

Any feedback on Om Sai Service? I want to try out servicing my 5 year old Tata Indigo diesel there. I will be good to know experiences from people who have used their service. I am not sure how Bosch ensures quality output from these garages? Do they have a good quality control mechanism in place when they brand them as a Bosch Service Centre.
Old 18th December 2008, 09:31   #6
BHPian

My experiance

I keep going there for regular wash and minor repairs. These are my observations
  1. My Honda city can not be put on the washing bay whithout doing some damage to the under surface of my car
  2. The way service engineers drive the car is horrible. I do not want to leave my car with them.
  3. Prices are bit on the higher side. they charge you for almost anything. they charge you seperately for parts, service etc and on top of that, they add bill for all the activities like filling cleaner in viser, changing bulb etc.
  4. They have a good inventory and the maintain the records well. Can be a one stop shop for all your needs.
Thanks

Prince
Old 18th December 2008, 10:40   #7
Senior - BHPian

Thanks, Prince. Would you recommend them over an Authorized Service Center, who have the same drawbacks as you have mentioned.

How is the quality of work?
Old 26th February 2011, 20:12   #8

Re: Bosch Car Service in Whitefield ?

Reviving an old thread since I had a recent experience with Om Sai Service aka bosch service centre in whitefield bangalore.
This place is run by a father daughter team. The father looks like an retired army guy but always in imported garage overalls. My Ikon front suspension was making a lot of Thud Thud noise every time in bad roads and humps. So decided to try the Bosch Service and get the shocks checked.
They have a good system worked out for shrugging accountability later. 1 guy who hardly speaks english or kannada, hardly write in English and has zero knowledge of the car will come to write down the issues and what needs to be done in the worksheet. Next another guy who is the mechanic will come take your car and you for a test drive to understand the issues. Once you are back from the test drive the mechanic will tell the 1st guy a few things to make note of.....which if you are not careful, will not get updated in the worksheet. In my case, I told the guys to check the front suspension, call me back with the issues, recommendations and cost estimate. The 1st guy assured me I will get a call by 1pm the same day.
I didnt get a call till 2pm. I called the owner directly 3-4 times to get an estimate and what needs to be replaced. Finally I got a call around 7.30pm from the test drive mechanic. He tells me all the front suspension parts that need to be changed and that the front suspension needs an overhaul. I choke when he tells me that the estimate is around 15k.
Next I tell him not to do the overall and I will get it done some other time when it gets really bad. He tells me "sir, we have already opened the suspension and started the work". I was furious and told him I requested for an estimate before starting the work. Of course they said they didnt get that instruction or it was not communicated by me clearly when I left the car in the morning. Speaking to the owner also was of no use too
Next day I paid 15 K plus to get my car out. The break up is below
2 lower arms 5594
2 steering ball joints 1084
2 tie rod ends 1005
2 strut kit 1686
2 strut bearing washers 812
2 strut mounts 796
Suspension overhaul 1250
strut assy overhaul 600
wheel alignment 350
4 ziplocks 34
tax 1486
TOTAL 14697

So my experience was bad and over priced. Not sure if anyone got Ikon front suspension overhauled for less. I may go there for bosch spares, quick checkups and fixes and not for major work.
wilfax is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2011, 19:00   #9
BHPian

Inspite of so many negative feedbacks on OM SAI motors, whitefield, i had taken my Lancer for a service there. It was a used one which i bought recently and got the clutch plates replaced from OM SAI motors.

I would say that they are much better than any other after sales service center, I would suggest you to speak with Ashok who has a good knowledge about the cars.

Also, their prices are reasonable for the kind of personal attention that you receive for your car. I was there for the entire period while the car was serviced. They showed me whats gone wrong and replaced the parts right infront of me.
Old 4th May 2011, 13:50   #10
BHPian

Can somebody post the exact location / map of this place?
Do they sell Bosch spares like Wiper blades?
Old 4th May 2011, 18:29   #11
BHPian

Hi Ch. Nathan
here is the link to google maps, where you can find Om Sai motors
its in the opposite lane to COSMOS mall
Old 2nd January 2012, 15:37   #12
BHPian

Has any one got their car serviced here off late ? I got some good feedback from my colleagues who stay close by but I am still apprehensive about private service centers.
Old 26th February 2012, 07:52   #13
BHPian

Om Sai bosch is no use. I took my lancer for a checkup the car had issues with RPM. Mechanic at Om Sai told that the enhine had to be scanned and he said he is sure that some sensor had gone. Unable to rely on them i took my car to SVR MOTORS, even though its very far. Fata fat the mechanic cleaned the Idler conteoller valve and the car is back in action.

I vouch for SVR
Old 13th March 2012, 12:52   #14
BHPian

Has anyone tried the relatively new Bosch service center called Sri Raghavendra Motors on Hoodi road, Whitefield? Any reviews?

Sri raghavendra motors - Sri raghavendra motors service center
Old 26th March 2012, 07:49   #15
BHPian

Does Bosch have any service center in South Bangalore ?
I have an old Santro and looking for a service center that can pretty much do a decent servicing job. Hyundai charges way too much.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks