Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th September 2008, 17:26   #1
BHPian

Malik Cars,Himayatnagar - A Review

Taken delivery of Mint White Palio MJD SDX from Malik cars,Himayatnagar,Hyderabad on 29th,Aug'08.
The car pics to be posted in the other section soon.
Here is a short review of the experience with Malik Cars.
Why Malik? Because they promised Mint White within 11 days flat! Secondly my nephew works there,so a bit of confidence on getting a good car and a good deal.Thirdly my nephew gets some points on the sale!.
So,here goes the experience.
Never expect to be treated atleast like a king.Atleast you are offered chilled water.Less seating space for customers,so prepare to wait standing most of the times and it is crowded .even the cars are displayed too close to each other.On that day, a Safari EX rear left door swung open to chip a Vista's right rear tail lamp! Phew!
Booked the car on 18th Aug.Malik Cars GM promised delivery before 30th,I stressed for 27th or 29th as these two were the only auspicious dates ,otherwise no delivery till first week of October.
Well, on 29th,the call came at 11AM to take the car by 3 PM.So, rushed from office forgetting TBHP checklist and camera.Well the cheque book was ever present in my bag though!
Arrived at 12PM,car being wiped clean,looked just Gorgeous!Never seen a Mint White onroad,just a pic in Autocar magazine and fell for it.
Looked at company's PDI lying on front seat.No check marks in columns,only signatures with date at the bottom.Asked the guy assigned to me who said "ALL checked and NO Problems found sir".Told him,NO Invoicing or DC to be made until I checked .Got a weird look and a short smile and a nod.
Paid the remaining Down payment by cheque and went to the car.
No TBHP checklist,but remember it reading twice,so began with what my eye catches and a lil bit of sense.
Opened Bonnet,checked E oil,washer tank,Coolant tank,Power Steering oil levels and Brake oil levels.OK.Checked Engine /Chassis number.Called the guy to ask how to find MFG date.Guy brought a DC from Pune factory to Malik,with the car details like MFG,Engine make etc.Confirmed as AUG mfg.
Walked around the car for any dents/crease .OK.
Started engine,walked to bonnet for any vibrations.OK.Bent down for any leaks.No leaks.Switched AC.checked all stages and directions.OK.Switched engine OFF.Opened Boot,checked spare tyre,tools and inside below the tyre bay.OK.Tried reading tyre marking on side wall,but could not locate MFG due to poor light.Got in checked all electricals,power windows etc.Seats,adjustments front/back,floor matting ,roof padding for any dust.found OK.All lights,high.low beam.High Beam going to a little left.Showed to the guy.Asked to correct before delivery.Gave the go ahead for DC.
Next part,coming tomorrow.
Regards
Old 5th September 2008, 11:49   #2
BHPian

Malik Cars - Review (Part Two)
I got a cash discount of 6K on Road price.No mud flaps,floor mats or even a perfume as freebie.
So,decided to fit them up at the Accessory store.Got my old Sony Xplod head unit.Shopped for 4 Speakers only.
Got a total bill of Rs.12500/ for:Mud flaps,floor/boot mats,floor carpet,Blaupunkt 210 W for rear and 140W for front with Warranty.
Got a 50% discount again on this and final price Rs.6050/.Though not in excellent quality they seem to serve the purpose.
Went for Extended Warranty for 36 months at Rs.4500/
After market Remote locks like Autocop/Minda or Xenos Not Approved by FIAT.Only one model available with FIAT 500 at Rs.24000!!!!This also had to be ordered seperately.Decided to find out elsewhere.
Time 4PM,documents signed,checked all warranties,DC with details.Vehicle rolled out.A small puja done.
Accessory fitting began and the guy asked for 1.5 hrs.
Total amount paid for the car:
Ex-showroom - Rs.4,88,605/
On-road - Rs.5,53,704/ including Extended Warranty.
Discount - Rs.6000/
Accessory adjusted to discount price.
Car loan from SBI for 4,64,789/ @12.5% for 7 years on On-road price.
Downpayment made for Rs.82,915/.
BPCL Diesel coupon of 7LTs given.

Then the waiting began.Some of the pins for electricals wouldnt fit ,so the guy went out to get them.Returned at 7PM.Finally got the right connections without any cuts or tape windings.Vehicle ready by 8PM.
The service guy arrived from workshop to rectify High beam.Couldnt get it right again.Asked me to come to Workshop next day.Informed nephew to followup on this.Finally started from Showroom at 830PM.Reached home,did a small puja ,parked inside.Had Dinner and retired for the day.

I Thanked my nephew for the car and he thanked me for the sale!

Obviously you cant have the cake and eat it too!The car drives well now,need to assess it during the Run -in.Suggested by the guy to NOT EXCEED 2500 RPM for initial 1000KM.Then slowly reach up to 3000RPM till 7500 KM.Service schedule is at 1000km-7500km-15000km for the free services.And believe it or not service coupon booklet given for 1,80,000KMS!!!! FIAT CONFIDENCE!

Regarding Malik Cars my final word would be - Dont expect much.Go only if you know someone.The experience had been Average.Atleast took delivery within hours of its arrival from factory.And the guys there dint have a chance to abuse it as is the belief.!!

Thanks to all for reading this fact file .Now,MALIK or NOT ,the decision lies with you.
Thanks and Regards

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks