Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th October 2008, 09:56   #1
BHPian

Southern Motors - Bangalore, Review

Well so I have finished 6 months in my Cedia clocking about 4k Kms, and was not really looking forward to the second free service at Southern Motors. I did not have a very good first service with them and booked my second service with them with a lot of trepidition, as I had no other choice. As you all know there is only one service center in Bangalore for Mitsubishi cars.

So yesterday was the fateful day and as I arrived at the service station I was plesently surprised to see someone waiting for me. The lady offered me tea and asked me to wait in the customer lounge for a few minutes. Five minutes later my advisor arrived and told me all about the second service and what they would do. I also told him about the two niggles that I was facing, one that the seat hight adjustment handle had come off and secondly there was some noise when the boot was opened and closed. I also asked for a complete interior clean up.

Well, I left from there after half and hour, thinking that I better be back by 5 PM so that I can make sure that these two things are done.

Back to office and when I got back at 5:30 I find that all the work has been done, the seat hight adjuster has been properly fixed, the car has been throughly cleaned inside out and the boot noise was almost gone.

The bill took a further 5 minutes and then it was all done.

Must say that I was extremly happy about the way the second service was handled and I hope that they continue in this way. My only gripe is with the customer area, which is straight out of ambassador land. I dont think it has been upgraded at least for the last 10 years. They need to understand that this is where their hig end car owners wait and it needs to be a whole lot better.

Overall, I was pretty satisfied with the service. I think the Japanese have something to do with the improved service levels as I could see a number of charts put up with very Japanese sounding processes and thoughts. Mitsubishi, please keep to the same service levels.

The service costed me Rs. 1000 for the oil changes and oil filter change, and another 750 for the interior cleanup. The car feels a bit peppier after the service. i think it has become a bit smoother overall. Must be due to the oil changes.
Old 5th November 2008, 21:07   #2
BHPian

Mav, just saw this review of yours. Good one.

I would concur with the observations made. I have made 3 visits so far and I must say the experience was satisfying in all the 3 visits. I hope they keep it up.
Old 6th November 2008, 09:09   #3
BHPian

Southern motors review.

Hi Mav,
I agree with the review. Southern Motors do a good job. Would like to add that I had opted for the home pickup and delivery option for my second service and they ended up scratching the rear bumper. I was about to raise hell when customer service called me up to assure me that they will fix it free of cost during the next visit. the problem is that I have not had the time to take it back yet so the scratch still lives on.
Old 6th November 2008, 10:48   #4
Senior - BHPian

Though I live in Hyderabad,I had a rare distinction of intracting with Southern Motors and Erstwhile Lathangi when i purchased my Cedia in July 08.
I recently visited Southern Motors and I was welcomed so well by the manager and was given a lovely walk thru of the New Cedia spirit.Im sure Cedizens in Bangalore must have experiances a good ambience here.
And I like the yesteryear building of Southern Motors..its very victorian !!
Old 25th November 2008, 12:06   #5
BHPian

I had a problem with the engine check light not going off this morning. So I decided to take the car down to Southern Motors and get it checked, as per the manual. I reached there at around 10:45 and by 10:50 the service adviosr had taken down my request and prepared the job card. The car was taken into the servicing area by 11:10 and was back after a check on the ECU machine. Some issue with the starter motor being dirty. The service advisor informed me that it could be due to low quality of fuel and to make sure that I fill only Shell or one of the premium fuels available.

Overall a good experience, waited for about half an hour and whiled away the time watching Monster House on T&L. The final charges = 0.

Again happy with the service levels.
Old 25th November 2008, 13:06   #6
BHPian

Nice to see a good report again.

But just wonder if the fuel can dirty up the starter motor?
Old 28th August 2009, 14:12   #7
BHPian

Southern Motors, Bangalore - Feedback needed on A.S.S.

I initiated a search for my next car in the 10L-15L bracket. One of the candidates in my first shortlist is Mitsu Cedia Sports. The car, as a product, is excellent VFM, but my primary concern is Mitsu's service network in Karnataka and a monopolistic dealership with Southern Motors in Bangalore. Since post-purchase, I would be captive to Southern for all my service needs, I am looking for existing Mitsu owners' experience with them. It would be great if you could share your experience with Southern Motors in Bangalore.

Last edited by Jaggu : 28th August 2009 at 14:51. Reason: Please use Search before opening a new thread, Thanks
Old 29th August 2009, 14:18   #8
Team-BHP Support

Past 2 years I haven't faced any issues with the service of southern motors service. They have improved vastly and HM-Mitsu directly keep a close watch on them here in bangalore.

Have a look at my ownership thread for my Lancer.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-...ml#post1193271

Moreover a new showroom is opening up known as Autodrome in Banerghatta road. This is directly from HM-Mitsu and not a dealer as such but like a company showroom.

A new service facility is also supposed to be opening up in Banerghatta road before the end of the year. That should provide competition to Southern motors as well.

If you need any help with Southern motors, just drop me a PM and I'll hook with you up with someone I know who can help.
Old 29th August 2009, 23:41   #9
Senior - BHPian

Haven't had any problems with southern so far in the last two years. They are quite good and the service charges are pretty decent as well. The car is supremely reliable so there aren't any niggles to talk about anyways. My car has done over 30k now and still feels as good as new.
Old 30th August 2009, 00:11   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabynag View Post
I initiated a search for my next car in the 10L-15L bracket. One of the candidates in my first shortlist is Mitsu Cedia Sports. The car, as a product, is excellent VFM, but my primary concern is Mitsu's service network in Karnataka and a monopolistic dealership with Southern Motors in Bangalore. Since post-purchase, I would be captive to Southern for all my service needs, I am looking for existing Mitsu owners' experience with them. It would be great if you could share your experience with Southern Motors in Bangalore.
Zeroing on the Cedia Sports is an excellent choice!
You dont have to worry about service.

Service at Southern Motors has been excellent with no issues what-so-ever.
The service personnel are professional and well mannered.

Mitsubishi officials are also deputed to oversee the operations.
I am sure you will go through a pleasent experience.

Raaj
Cedia Sports - 2009
Old 8th March 2010, 14:58   #11
BHPian

I read the reviews on Southern Motors, but still booked the Cedia Sport in good faith. Booking all done, cheque given for full amount, car was supposed to be delivered in 5 days.

Call no.1: Two days after booking, we were told the colour we booked (Nordic Blue) is only available in the higher variant. We said, ok, no probs, mistakes happen. Give us silver. We're told delivery will take longer since they have to now make the car.

Call no.2, 6 days since booking: Territory sales person calls to ask why we're not interested in top-end Sport model. Told him we don't want spoiler, Momo steering etc. He said he'd give us further 40k discount, which would mean just 20k extra to upgrade. Told him thanks, but no thanks. No word on delivery date.

Call no.3, 8 days since booking: Showroom sales manager calls highly recommending the higher version, since, mano a mano, they may be discontinuing the basic Sport model. Unable to give delivery date on our booking. Tells will probably take 6 weeks or longer. Also says factory will close in April for maintenance. Also says they're focusing on manufacturing Pajeros. Also says some other nonsense that I quickly put a stop to.

Call no.4, 9 days since booking: I call our original sales person, tell him I will only deal with him, and to get everyone else to stop calling me. He also says will get clear picture from factory & update me.

Call no. 5, 10 days since booking: Apparently on Friday, conference call happened with factory & SouthMot, in which factory has agreed to take my case as priority (!!) and they will let me know by Monday.

Call no. 6, 13 days since booking: So the factory has said that they don't feel like honouring existing bookings. So I get to pick from colours lying in the yard, upgrading to the higher variant, or simply sucking it in and moving on. Guess what my choice was!

Yup, today went to the showroom, collected the cheque, supervised the tearing of the booking papers, and walked out. When the sales-guy got signatures across all required papers, he had said that there would be a 3% cancellation charge. I waited for them to bring up this topic, but they didn't.

On the way out, a Scorpio parked there caught my eye..
Old 5th April 2010, 11:08   #12

The people at Southern Motors Bangalore are a bunch of misinformed douche-bags! They lie through their nose just to make a sale. I have had bad experience in picking up the Outlander from them. Their Sales people and the manager are not to be trusted. I would advise people to please do their own research instead of listening to the bull crap fed by their sales person/manager before picking up a vehicle from them. Its a pity that such fantastic vehicles have such a poor and lousy dealership in Bangalore.
Old 5th April 2010, 13:03   #13
BHPian

Well went through quite a bit since that original review and it took them a nice year and a half to solve the engine check light issue. Finally they changed the wiring harness of the engine and now I dont have the issue any more. They have always been nice and cordial at the workshop, but the main issue seems to be training as well as availability of spares. Now with a new Mitsubishi sale and service center coming up I hope they will work on these kinks.

BTW, anyone know of a good Mitsubishi service place other than India Garage?
Old 5th April 2010, 13:48   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mav2000 View Post

BTW, anyone know of a good Mitsubishi service place other than India Garage?
You might want to visit this. Kindly let us know if you visit.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...bangalore.html
Old 5th April 2010, 22:02   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avkurian View Post
I read the reviews on Southern Motors, but still booked the Cedia Sport in good faith. Booking all done, cheque given for full amount, car was supposed to be delivered in 5 days.

Call no.1: Two days after booking, we were told the colour we booked (Nordic Blue) is only available in the higher variant. We said, ok, no probs, mistakes happen. Give us silver. We're told delivery will take longer since they have to now make the car.

Call no.2, 6 days since booking: Territory sales person calls to ask why we're not interested in top-end Sport model. Told him we don't want spoiler, Momo steering etc. He said he'd give us further 40k discount, which would mean just 20k extra to upgrade. Told him thanks, but no thanks. No word on delivery date.

Call no.3, 8 days since booking: Showroom sales manager calls highly recommending the higher version, since, mano a mano, they may be discontinuing the basic Sport model. Unable to give delivery date on our booking. Tells will probably take 6 weeks or longer. Also says factory will close in April for maintenance. Also says they're focusing on manufacturing Pajeros.
Sorry to hear about your bad experience avkurian. It would have been a pleasure to welcome you to the Cediazen club.

I take it that you booked the Cedia sports 'Basic' kindly confirm.

Did they mention anything on the new Lancer being launched.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks