Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th January 2009, 15:28   #1

First Service Experience at Dhingra Motors Gurgaon

Hi all,
This is John only Thai to own a Vista. This is share the first service experience with M/s Dhingra Motors.

Opening of the Job Card:
Reached Dhingra Motors Service Station at IDC gurgaon around 10:00 AM. Place was buzzing with activity already. As soon as I entered the reception I was welcomed with a very warm smile. I told lady over the counter purpose of my visit and she acknowledged the same by ticking my name on the list they had. She requested to stand by my car and a service engineer will soon be there to help me. Soon Service Engineer joined me I explained him about the sound from the seat and he in turn told me as per companies instruction they will be changing Bushes from front axle jumping rod. He also tried to upsell me anti rust treatment and Bardahl fuel additive for 1900 INR to which I refused point blank. Anyways he opened up the job card gave me the acknowledgement and promised to return the car at 3:30 PM. I requested that if a drop to home can be provided to which receptionist said they do not provide picks and drops. These are a norm in Thailand. Please tell me how a customer is supposed to go back to his office or home from workshop if his car is with them and again how he is supposed to come to pick it up at the end of service. I think you win some you loose some ( I think I got sweets with car which I don’t get in Bangkok.) Anyways I decided to hang around in nearby market place till my car is through.

Surprise Surprise:

At 2:00PM I got a sms stating:

Dear John, Your Indica Vista Aura Quadra HR 26 ****** is ready after service. Please contact your service advisor at 401 1269 for taking delivary. That’s kool man. I was pleasantly surprised to see such a professional service. I called the service engineer and told him that I am in sector 14 market and will be there in 20 min as I was walking from sector 14 to IDC, in turn he told me that he was out for lunch and was near by. He gave me a lift on his mobike. Car was ready with customary wash and polish when we reached. I tried to tip 50 INR to polish boy to which he refused saying they are not supposed to take tips and what he is doing is part of his assigned duties. Again I was surprised.

Reason for Lift:
On Sunday I learned the reason for all the courtesies extended to me. I received a call form service station for a simple feedback on my experience. In the end lady informed me that I will be receiving call from Tata motors for feedback and requested me to give them high ratings. I they continue to give such professional service and Tata has a positive check on their dealers I think my car will be in good hands.

Till then Belt up and drive safe

John

Psssss: Tata has opened another dealership in Gurgaon (ABS motors) they have more swanky showroon than Dhingra Motors. That might be the case that Dhingra motors is pulling its socks and try to retain customers, because if you have choice and alternatives then you are the king.
Old 19th January 2009, 18:10   #2
Senior - BHPian

Good to hear about it.
P.S.

I guess Arshia Motors of Skoda is also owned by them only.
If thats the case, Skoda Users can expected matching service too.
Old 19th January 2009, 18:27   #3
Team-BHP Support

Importantly: Was the problem rectified ?
Old 19th January 2009, 18:39   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnweeran View Post
Hi all,
This is John only Thai to own a Vista. This is share the first service experience with M/s Dhingra Motors.

Opening of the Job Card:
Reached Dhingra Motors Service Station at IDC gurgaon around 10:00 AM. Place was buzzing with activity already. As soon as I entered the reception I was welcomed with a very warm smile. I told lady over the counter purpose of my visit and she acknowledged the same by ticking my name on the list they had. She requested to stand by my car and a service engineer will soon be there to help me. Soon Service Engineer joined me I explained him about the sound from the seat and he in turn told me as per companies instruction they will be changing Bushes from front axle jumping rod. He also tried to upsell me anti rust treatment and Bardahl fuel additive for 1900 INR to which I refused point blank. Anyways he opened up the job card gave me the acknowledgement and promised to return the car at 3:30 PM. I requested that if a drop to home can be provided to which receptionist said they do not provide picks and drops. These are a norm in Thailand. Please tell me how a customer is supposed to go back to his office or home from workshop if his car is with them and again how he is supposed to come to pick it up at the end of service. I think you win some you loose some ( I think I got sweets with car which I don’t get in Bangkok.) Anyways I decided to hang around in nearby market place till my car is through.

Surprise Surprise:

At 2:00PM I got a sms stating:

Dear John, Your Indica Vista Aura Quadra HR 26 ****** is ready after service. Please contact your service advisor at 401 1269 for taking delivary. That’s kool man. I was pleasantly surprised to see such a professional service. I called the service engineer and told him that I am in sector 14 market and will be there in 20 min as I was walking from sector 14 to IDC, in turn he told me that he was out for lunch and was near by. He gave me a lift on his mobike. Car was ready with customary wash and polish when we reached. I tried to tip 50 INR to polish boy to which he refused saying they are not supposed to take tips and what he is doing is part of his assigned duties. Again I was surprised.

Reason for Lift:
On Sunday I learned the reason for all the courtesies extended to me. I received a call form service station for a simple feedback on my experience. In the end lady informed me that I will be receiving call from Tata motors for feedback and requested me to give them high ratings. I they continue to give such professional service and Tata has a positive check on their dealers I think my car will be in good hands.

Till then Belt up and drive safe

John

Psssss: Tata has opened another dealership in Gurgaon (ABS motors) they have more swanky showroon than Dhingra Motors. That might be the case that Dhingra motors is pulling its socks and try to retain customers, because if you have choice and alternatives then you are the king.
Manipal in Chennai had a very bad reputation and now it is one of the best places to get your tata car serviced. Looks like this initiative from TATA will go a long way in having the A.S.S. to a great standard.
Old 20th January 2009, 10:22   #5

yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
Importantly: Was the problem rectified ?
Yes problem was rectified, Just a bit of lubrication to the seat joints and sound was gone.
Old 20th January 2009, 11:10   #6
BHPian

good to see dhingra motors improving ... i personally do not have very good experiences about their service ... so switched to another tata authourised service station in gurgaon (located in village silokhera). but the service experience was way better than dhingra motors.
Old 27th January 2009, 15:34   #7

Corruption!!

I own a Safari (2.2) - Dec 2007 in Gurgaon. I have been to Dhingra motors 3 times till now. The attitude for the first 2 times was really good.

But i really found out a weird thing this time around. Their employees making under hand money.

I approached them with a problem and they started scaring me about the time it would take. (2 hours wait and all... meeting going on...).

Then someone approached me and fixed the problem(It was a minor fix but some oil filling was required) while i was waiting... And then to my amazement he asked me whether i would like to open a job card... I said .. i dont know... whatever your procedure is for such fixes (they had earlier fixed a minor issue.. a loose batter terminal... without opening a job card and without payment). He said i would have to pay for the fix... I said ok... do whatever u have to.... He said... i would have to wait for 30 more minutes.... His supervisor then talked to me that the agency would charge me higher and would take time for payment (meeting and stuff)... I understood it... I was in a real hurry.... paid him.... something... and off i go....(dont know if i was over charged or under charged though.. )

May be i benefitted though... but i dont like the feeling of corruption.... trying to find their email id.... but cant figure that out...... so putting it here...if it reaches them some how...

A kind of disgusting feeling to see corruption creep into private establishments at such small level. A bit more disgusting to realize that i was the one who paid that guy.

Note from the Team-BHP Support: Please take the time to use proper punctuation as per Team-BHP rules. Avoid...typing...like...this. Thanks.

Last edited by Jaggu : 27th January 2009 at 17:40. Reason: please avoid.. typing like ... this...
Old 4th March 2009, 12:52   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandeep View Post
I own a Safari (2.2) - Dec 2007 in Gurgaon. I have been to Dhingra motors 3 times till now. The attitude for the first 2 times was really good.

But i really found out a weird thing this time around. Their employees making under hand money.
--------
A kind of disgusting feeling to see corruption creep into private establishments at such small level. A bit more disgusting to realize that i was the one who paid that guy.

Note from the Team-BHP Support: Please take the time to use proper punctuation as per Team-BHP rules. Avoid...typing...like...this. Thanks.
I have brought to knowledge of Mr. Dhingra the above mentioned incident and he has promised to take swift action. It would be great if you could PM me your details so that all updates in this case are brought to your knowledge.

As a car dealer myself, It is very difficult to break down corruption at low level and such cases can bring a lot of shame to our dealerships. We generally request all our customers to NOT hand over keys of vehicle till a job card is opened. Also insist on having your personal mobile number on the job card and later on invoice because this allows Quality control people to survey and check the quality of service provided by a TASC or dealer.
Old 16th July 2010, 11:40   #9
BHPian

I have been avoiding going to Dhingra Motors for one year now.

But just found out today that the door handle on my Linea is malfunctioning.

I got some problems fixed with the window during a routine service 2-3 days back. Looks like Swan guys did not fit it back properly.

I do not want to go to ABS for this because roads are pathetic to that place and they tend to take hours for a smallish job (like this one).

I called them up and asked them a suitable time. They said that 9AM would be good.

I would probably visit them tomorrow at 9 and see how much time and effort it takes to get the thing fixed.

I am already terrified!
Old 16th July 2010, 11:55   #10
Senior - BHPian

I guess its too early for you assess them . There actual test is when you go with some amount of problems and get back all of them solved in one go. Wishful thinking ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandeep View Post
I understood it... I was in a real hurry.... paid him.... something... and off i go....(dont know if i was over charged or under charged though.. )
I guess you did the wrong thing of paying without bill. You should insist on bill which should not take time. And you have no record of something was done in your car.

Last edited by rkbharat : 16th July 2010 at 11:58.
Old 20th November 2010, 12:37   #11
BHPian

ONE OF THE WORST SERVICE EXPERIENCE WITH DHINGRAS GURGAON
My safari 2.2 went for servicing with a problem of a/c not effective. car was serviced and huge bill came of 13k, which includes total AC servicing along with some hose replaced and all. However i failed to understand why i have been charged for labour as the 3 free service were still left. since it got serviced the service light keep coming and going also the car drive was little hard and rough with increased NV levels. Took again to them in a months time to get things checked . Now here comes the best part of all.
1. Nobody called up whole day to revert what is the status of my car. fortunately i only called up at 4pm and asked where the service advisor Mr Ashok told me it'll be ready by 6. Than again i called around 6 that im coming to pick the car up and he said yes u can come car will be ready by the time you'll reach.
2. I reached at service station and met Mr Ashok. he explained the air filter was completely choked and speed sensor was faulty both of the parts have been changed. Also as the remote fuel lid opener was not working on remote so the solenoid of same need to be changed and work is in progress it'll take 15 minutes more and he asked to wait in lounge. i asked him speed sensor and solenoid must be in warranty?? he refused no sir such things are not covered under extended warranty.
While waiting for solenoid to get fixed i though of meeting the GM there Mr Vrijesh. i asked him
a) that ain't these parts suppose to be covered under warranty?? he said No
b) Aint he suppose to see air filter when the car came for servicing a month back and how come air filter is choked withing a month and less than 1000km of driving. He simply said he must have cleaned it and skipped it. which is very casual reply from him.
c) when he is being asked why they didnt do work free of labour cost as servicing is free, he said sir your time has expired so we cant do it u can take advantage of your next coupon in next service.
Anyways i though he is GM so he must be right on the procedures and all.
Finally again the bill came for some 3.5k and again i asked advisor that have u checked and are u sure sensor is not covered under warranty?? and he again assured no sir it is not covered. i took the delivery and was like wonder why safari called white elephant more than Rs1 per km is maintenance cost.
I went home and checked my extended warranty booklet in which it was clearly mention that speed sensor is covered. i was so annoyed that how this place is working where even the GM doesn't care about customer satisfaction and gives wrong image to customer for making money. I went back to them again and their approach was like as if they are doing any favour to me by sending the claim for sensor. they promised that cheque will be released by evening and i can collect them. but its 2 days now nobody has reverted and when i called to ask them they saying it'll take a week. Amazing is the word of the service experience with dhingras. All i can say please avoid going to them and even if u end up going there don trust them and make sure all things are done correctly in front of you.
Still waiting for my refund. :(

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks