Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st February 2008, 10:20   #1
BHPian

Sai Service, Andheri - buying experience with a Swift LDI

I got my Swift LDI delivered yesterday through Sai Service, Andheri (more details on the initial ownership review forum). Here I'll stick to the booking/buying experience.

Overall summary of the experience: Helpful sales people with slightly dishonest dealership management

Initial impression: I first visited Sai Service in late December to take a test drive of the Swift Diesel. I picked up the following points:
+'s
1. A large professional setup which gave an impression of reliability on deliveries, A.S.S. etc.
2. A very helpful sales chap
-'s
1. The managements practices are slightly dishonest (e.g. the rate list provides the extended warranty from the dealer, not Maruti. on top, the Sai warrantly is 2.5k more expensive than the maruti one!)

Why I chose it: I was put off by their dishonesty and knew I would have to be very careful if I dealt with the dealership. However, my main criteria was delivery time. The reason I finally went ahead with these guys is that when the time came for me to finally book, they had a 2008 Swift LDI in my colour choice in stock. This was not available with any of the other dealers I was in touch with. So I decided to go ahead with Sai. Also, the sales guy had been quite helpful and kept me up to date with availability.

The experience: I booked the car on Saturday, 19th December in the evening after confirming the car would be allotted to me.

Financing: I was originally planning to take the loan from a PSU bank as I planned to prepay quite early. I switched the choice to Citi for 3 reasons: 1. I already had a bank a/c and a credit card with them; 2. The initial cash back would cover the pre payment charge; 3. Credit history with the bank would be useful in taking a home loan later.

This is where the only real hiccup arose. After I had finalised things with Citi orally (tuesday or so), the sales guy at Sai asked me to switch my loan to Reliance. He said something about citi rates going up, which I knew to be utter bullcrap I told him this was unacceptable. After this, he explained that he wasnt being allowed to deal with Citi (the guy I know at Citi later told me Reliance gives a higher cut). He said I should speak to his manager and also get the Citi guys to put some pressure.

I called up the sales guy's manager and told her if they didn't allow me to go ahead with Citi, I would withdraw my booking and put a complain with Maruti. By this time I was getting the vehicle from the other dealer on a ready basis as well so was comfortable with the threat. She also tried to give me the same nonsense about citi rates going up. I was in no mood for that. She told me she would check with her manager and get back to me. Finally she capitulated and agreed to let me go ahead with citi. The whole experience left a bad taste in the mouth. Its something I plan to put in their feedback form.

The rest of the process was smooth. The sales guy made multiple trips to my office for the loan and registration formalities and generally kept me up to date on timelines. The vehicle was delivered on the date promised despite some delay on the loan.

Conclusion: Overall, if someone plans to deal with Sai, I would advise them to be quite watchful and dont let them arm twist you into anything. The sales guy I went through was quite helpful and I would recommend him (Umesh - ph. 9920528383). You can use my reference if you are dealing with him.
Old 1st February 2008, 10:48   #2
BHPian

one point to add: Sai prices were about 1k higher than the other dealers as they charge a higher "service charge" for registration etc
Old 1st February 2008, 10:52   #3
Senior - BHPian

I think we have another thread about the sai service. Overall your experience of buying a car was OK when compared to others when they go through the trauma of buying a car. But I'am unable to understand if the other dealer was ready to give the car of your choice then why did you proceed with the Sai Service?

None the less, our dealerships has to improve quite a lot when it comes to customer satisfaction.

Last edited by snaronikar : 1st February 2008 at 10:54.
Old 1st February 2008, 11:10   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by snaronikar View Post
But I'am unable to understand if the other dealer was ready to give the car of your choice then why did you proceed with the Sai Service?
The other dealer called me a couple of days later saying someone had cancelled so he could give me their car in a week or so
Old 1st February 2008, 11:23   #5
BHPian

Hi Jaibir
Which sai service are you talking abt?? is it the 1 opposite to Cinemax Andheri west if yes then I know the manager out there let me know if you need any assitance out there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaibir View Post
I got my Swift LDI delivered yesterday through Sai Service, Andheri (more details on the initial ownership review forum). Here I'll stick to the booking/buying experience.

Overall summary of the experience: Helpful sales people with slightly dishonest dealership management

Initial impression: I first visited Sai Service in late December to take a test drive of the Swift Diesel. I picked up the following points:
+'s
1. A large professional setup which gave an impression of reliability on deliveries, A.S.S. etc.
2. A very helpful sales chap
-'s
1. The managements practices are slightly dishonest (e.g. the rate list provides the extended warranty from the dealer, not Maruti. on top, the Sai warrantly is 2.5k more expensive than the maruti one!)

Why I chose it: I was put off by their dishonesty and knew I would have to be very careful if I dealt with the dealership. However, my main criteria was delivery time. The reason I finally went ahead with these guys is that when the time came for me to finally book, they had a 2008 Swift LDI in my colour choice in stock. This was not available with any of the other dealers I was in touch with. So I decided to go ahead with Sai. Also, the sales guy had been quite helpful and kept me up to date with availability.

The experience: I booked the car on Saturday, 19th December in the evening after confirming the car would be allotted to me.

Financing: I was originally planning to take the loan from a PSU bank as I planned to prepay quite early. I switched the choice to Citi for 3 reasons: 1. I already had a bank a/c and a credit card with them; 2. The initial cash back would cover the pre payment charge; 3. Credit history with the bank would be useful in taking a home loan later.

This is where the only real hiccup arose. After I had finalised things with Citi orally (tuesday or so), the sales guy at Sai asked me to switch my loan to Reliance. He said something about citi rates going up, which I knew to be utter bullcrap I told him this was unacceptable. After this, he explained that he wasnt being allowed to deal with Citi (the guy I know at Citi later told me Reliance gives a higher cut). He said I should speak to his manager and also get the Citi guys to put some pressure.

I called up the sales guy's manager and told her if they didn't allow me to go ahead with Citi, I would withdraw my booking and put a complain with Maruti. By this time I was getting the vehicle from the other dealer on a ready basis as well so was comfortable with the threat. She also tried to give me the same nonsense about citi rates going up. I was in no mood for that. She told me she would check with her manager and get back to me. Finally she capitulated and agreed to let me go ahead with citi. The whole experience left a bad taste in the mouth. Its something I plan to put in their feedback form.

The rest of the process was smooth. The sales guy made multiple trips to my office for the loan and registration formalities and generally kept me up to date on timelines. The vehicle was delivered on the date promised despite some delay on the loan.

Conclusion: Overall, if someone plans to deal with Sai, I would advise them to be quite watchful and dont let them arm twist you into anything. The sales guy I went through was quite helpful and I would recommend him (Umesh - ph. 9920528383). You can use my reference if you are dealing with him.
Old 1st February 2008, 11:28   #6
BHPian

This is the one on western express highway - diagonally opposite the gold spot factory. thanks for the offer in any case
Old 4th February 2009, 10:02   #7
BHPian

Disgusting experience with Sai Service (Phoenix Mills - Mumbai)

I am as shocked as anyone who knows Sai. I bought a Maruti Swift Vdi from them 2 weeks ago and it was delivered on last friday(30th). However, the minute I got into the car and drove out of the showroom, I knew something was off. The car would vibrate violently in the 1st gear when you'd pick it up from a standstill. I called the showroom immediately and they mentioned it was a new car, with hardly any fuel. It just needed to heat up a bit and that I should drive it around for a day, if its not fine, bring it back in the morning. I did drive it, a 150kms almost. In gear, the car was like butter however the 1st gear problem remained.

When I took it back the next day, I was informed that the pressure plate was gone. I was asked to bring in the car on Monday, which was fair. On monday I was informed that the clutch plate had gone too, all this on a Brand New Car!. Out of utter disgust, I called the sales manager and blew my top. Finally they called me saying it was all fixed so I went down to the showroom to be greated by a cocky sales manager who tried to pacify me by saying 'Sir it happens'. I was obviously in no mood so I cut him short and made my point clear that it was simple, someone didn't do their job and I was issued a faulty car. He mentioned they fixed it but in my books, a brand new car, that has passed all quality tests and a pre delivery check requires no fixes.

Sai Service showed no empathy to the situation nor any remorse. Their idea of making good for overlooking the issue was offering me Rs. 150 worth of free pick ups for the next 3 services. At this point, both the sales manager and his boss were present. However, I felt cheap, cheated and quite frankly the offer of compensation to me was more of an insult to injury.

This was my first maruti, I bought it from apparently the 'Best' maruti dealership in Mumbai. My experience was absolute rubbish and I have come to realize that Sai has its fame reaching its head. I felt they would care about customer satisfaction but it seems that their efforts are well invested elsewhere... trying to save their skin and pinning the blame on the customer. I was actually told that the problem occurred because I drove the car. Point to note, I drove it 50 meters before calling them about the problem.

I am a car enthusiast, I know my car, I am passionate about cars especially the DDiS. I waited a year to check up on, drive first hand and study the car. This experience has left my spirit feeling euthanized...
Old 4th February 2009, 10:32   #8
jp1
BHPian

Sorry to hear about your ordeal, but how can the pressure plate and clutch go bad on a new car. Was it being used as their Demo car?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zahir View Post
I am as shocked as anyone who knows Sai. I bought a Maruti Swift Vdi from them 2 weeks ago and it was delivered on last friday(30th). However, the minute I got into the car and drove out of the showroom, I knew something was off. The car would vibrate violently in the 1st gear when you'd pick it up from a standstill. I called the showroom immediately and they mentioned it was a new car, with hardly any fuel. It just needed to heat up a bit and that I should drive it around for a day, if its not fine, bring it back in the morning. I did drive it, a 150kms almost. In gear, the car was like butter however the 1st gear problem remained.

When I took it back the next day, I was informed that the pressure plate was gone. I was asked to bring in the car on Monday, which was fair. On monday I was informed that the clutch plate had gone too, all this on a Brand New Car!. Out of utter disgust, I called the sales manager and blew my top. Finally they called me saying it was all fixed so I went down to the showroom to be greated by a cocky sales manager who tried to pacify me by saying 'Sir it happens'. I was obviously in no mood so I cut him short and made my point clear that it was simple, someone didn't do their job and I was issued a faulty car. He mentioned they fixed it but in my books, a brand new car, that has passed all quality tests and a pre delivery check requires no fixes.

Sai Service showed no empathy to the situation nor any remorse. Their idea of making good for overlooking the issue was offering me Rs. 150 worth of free pick ups for the next 3 services. At this point, both the sales manager and his boss were present. However, I felt cheap, cheated and quite frankly the offer of compensation to me was more of an insult to injury.

This was my first maruti, I bought it from apparently the 'Best' maruti dealership in Mumbai. My experience was absolute rubbish and I have come to realize that Sai has its fame reaching its head. I felt they would care about customer satisfaction but it seems that their efforts are well invested elsewhere... trying to save their skin and pinning the blame on the customer. I was actually told that the problem occurred because I drove the car. Point to note, I drove it 50 meters before calling them about the problem.

I am a car enthusiast, I know my car, I am passionate about cars especially the DDiS. I waited a year to check up on, drive first hand and study the car. This experience has left my spirit feeling euthanized...
Old 4th February 2009, 17:59   #9
BHPian

No chance of it being a demo car buddy. It was only 70 km driven. Its weird but its a one in a 1000 chance. I would like to point out though, the service station on the other hand is awesome. I will definitely be using them for every service.
Old 5th February 2009, 16:08   #10
BHPian

Can they not disconnect the ODO and still use it as a Demo??
Old 5th February 2009, 16:35   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaibir View Post
The managements practices are slightly dishonest (e.g. the rate list provides the extended warranty from the dealer, not Maruti. on top, the Sai warrantly is 2.5k more expensive than the maruti one!)
Actually Jaibir... Sai charges extra because what they offer isn't a universal Maruti extended warranty. Its an exclusive Sai Service warranty that provides for free labor on the 3rd and 4th year while other dealers charge for labor.

Samir, I'm pretty confident its not a test drive car because overall the engine feels new, the more I drive the more it opens.... I've seen a lot of new DDiS cars and a lot of test drive ones. I guess people who test drive them push the enigne to see what the babys capable off hence the loose feeling to TD cars...

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks