Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th February 2009, 12:11   #1

Beware of Southern Motors

Dear BHP'Ians,

One of my friends brought a Cedia from Southern motors. The initial experience was ok and finally the deal was stuck for Rs.40K discount on the Cedia Sports. We Paid the full money Reducing the 40K On road. After two weeks we picked up the Registration certificate and in that to our disbelief the Life time road tax was Rs.20K lessor than the price they had told us. I asked for a clarification and the sales guy had no answer. He told he will get back to us in 1 hour. Even after two hours no body called us and then we again went to Southern Motors the Sales guy says there has been a fault from the accounts department and he will refund my money ie 20K. I was not really very satisfied with his reply and told the sales guy to join us for a coffee, hoping to get more information on this issue.

After the coffee we became very friendly to the sales guy and he really started talking. He told us any customer who cribs for discount and gets it, the company policy was to deduct some money like 20-25k for a Cedia and sometimes times they deduct up to Rs.40-45 K for a Pajero on the road tax though the customer would have paid the full tax for the company. I asked him don't they get any complaints he cooly told no body bothers to chech up the RC book as how much we have paid for the road tax. this is really shocking and I request all the BHPians who has brought the Cedia or the Pajero to please check up their road tax amount and I will definetly tell there will be a lot of difference in their road tax. Hope some body files a criminal case as this is cheating. I also got some information about a Cedia Sports which was stickered for some rallies being sold to a customer as a new car.Please beware of southern Motors as they are bunch of cheats.
Old 8th February 2009, 14:49   #2
Senior - BHPian

wow, one learns something new everyday. Good job to detect this in the first place, and to share this with the forum.

So, I am guess if the invoice value of the car was for 'x' - the road tax becomes 'y' - then they inflated it by y+20k, when asking the customer to pay, or ?
Old 8th February 2009, 14:56   #3
BANNED

There is another thread on this subject, currently running on this. The post is from Chennai, IIRC.
Old 10th February 2009, 08:35   #4
Team-BHP Support

I don't understand how this works. The Road tax is clearly indicated when you ask for the price list. They can't charge more road tax initially because you asked for a discount then in RC book show reduced road tax. The road tax amount is put up on the price list and that cannot be an inflated figure I am sure.

If you need to talk to a senior person in HM, please send me a PM. I know someone who could help you out.
Old 10th February 2009, 10:34   #5
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaCkSeAtDrIVeR View Post
There is another thread on this subject, currently running on this. The post is from Chennai, IIRC.

This is the thread I mentioned http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...-homework.html
Old 10th February 2009, 12:42   #6

Wow this is what we expect from a old reputed firm like Sundaram Motors? Are there no moral or ethics left in that concern? Does the top brasses know this or they to go along until it comes out in the open. Shame on them. Thought they fleece only in the after service but even in Sales!

Hope people reads this & inform others too.

regds

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks