Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th February 2009, 17:37   #1

Fleecing by SUNDARAM Motors-Chennai

Hai Friends

I'm a proud & happy to have a fine OPEL SAIL 1.6 have clocked 32K km so far.Had some hard staring problem & low power, took it to the dealer M/s Sundaram Motors stating the problem.

Th car was due for 5000 hrs service & was carried out. They informed the fuel pump was weak & has to be renewedalong with complete hose system costing about Rs.16,000+.

Even then I reasoned the pump cannot fail so earlier but was told they have checked it. I was reluctant & denied to do it & took delivery.

I tracked a Opel Service Manual from the net & noted the BOSCH pump was just a transfer pump. Located the petrol tank opening below the rear seat & was surprised to note SUNDARAM Motors have not even looked at the pump. Found the hoses damaged thus drawing air into the system, changed it & the car is Good now.

An Authorized Dealer from GM fleecing the customer for parts renewal even without caring to look the fault amounts to incompetency of the firm or blatant cheating.

Wish we all are Saved from Money spinners like this Dealer & save our passion for good Cars.

BEWARE -Ask complete details if they report a parts renewal -to see is believing let's do that.

Regards
ms
Old 9th February 2009, 23:56   #2
BHPian

i agree

They are absolutely pathetic, i had a very very bitter experience with them and the way they handled my ohc. Will never go to them or buy a car from them in the future.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks