Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th February 2009, 12:21   #1

Maruti Alto LX - 25K kms service - Mandovi motors service charges-reg..

Hi All,

I have just completed around 25000 kms on my Maruti Alto LX.

Around six months ago, I gave my Alto for a 'complete service' including oil change at Mandovi. I must say, I was quite satisfied with the service, esp with one Mr.Vardhan, who was very helpful and courteous.

Today, I went back to Mandovi and this is the job card that I have:

1.Service Charges - Rs.650
2. Wheel Balance and Wheel alignment - Rs. 450
3. Engine( E/A) - Rs.250
4. Brakes checkup - Rs. 200
5. Interior cleaning - Rs.500

I just wanted to check with the forum folks if these charges look right, as I have no clue what each of these things should be costing.

Any thoughts?

Best,

Vasu
Old 14th February 2009, 19:07   #2
Senior - BHPian

Surakshaa charges less, check my LTO thread.

FYI
Paid Service - 575
5 wheel rotation, alignment, balancing - 375

Add to that 12% of tax. I am just back from my 40K service of my Alto. I will update the thread shortly.

BTW, what is this interior cleaning and Engine (E/A)? Cleaning is part of the paid service and Surakshaa does it very well (includes interior cleaning with air, dashboard-bumper-grill polish, tyre polish)

Abhi
Old 14th February 2009, 21:12   #3
BHPian

looks fine

Engine E/a - is engine analyzer, yes it's been 250 for a while now.
the interior cleaning 500/- if it's from 3M, I think thats the charge. The charge 400/- for the 3M Chemical cleaning for 800/-.
Old 14th February 2009, 21:45   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasuramanujam View Post
...Around six months ago, I gave my Alto for a 'complete service' including oil change at Mandovi. I must say, I was quite satisfied with the service, esp with one Mr.Vardhan, who was very helpful and courteous.
I just wanted to check with the forum folks if these charges look right, as I have no clue what each of these things should be costing.
Vasu,

Had been dealing with Vardhan for 3+ years for servicing my Alto and I have no reasons to complain. It has been a pleasant experience all the time and he is does take time in listening to you and finally explaining all the works done. And the best part is that, you can always call him up and ask for any queries that you might have and he will be happy to help you.

The charges seems to be the standard, as I can recollect. Just ask him if the E/A is required.
Old 16th February 2009, 17:03   #5

Thanks much, bhailog. Your replies were quite useful and am glad to know that i am not being ripped off :_).

HappyWheels,
I agree with you that Vardhan is indeed very helpful and does explain all the charges in detail ( although tries to push a couple of non essential things, which he will backtrack if you persist/insist on asking "what if" questions _ what if i did NOT do this/do that etc)

Overall, i was quite satisfied with the service. picked up the car y'day and am looking forward to a loong drive to Mysore/Bandipur next weekend.

Thanks much folks. This is an amazing forum and I hope i don't get too much addicted to this.....
Old 16th February 2009, 19:14   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasuramanujam View Post
... I agree with you that Vardhan is indeed very helpful and does explain all the charges in detail ( although tries to push a couple of non essential things, which he will backtrack if you persist/insist on asking "what if" questions _ what if i did NOT do this/do that etc)

Overall, i was quite satisfied with the service. picked up the car y'day and am looking forward to a loong drive to Mysore/Bandipur next weekend.
Vasu,
He is after all a service agent and needs to earn his bread and butter.

And have a safe and joyful journey.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks