Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th March 2009, 20:06   #16
xPK
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdi_pro View Post
... Finally I accepted (for the reasons stated above) and ...
Dude, personally I don't see a single valid reason to go ahead with the deal. Please stay away from the dealer.

Your comments gave me a feeling that you have decided "Automobile sterling is the only dealer to go for (whatever may come)".
Or you have been successfully pressurised by the dealer.

I will be glad if neither case is true.

Quote:
Got the no of Tata relationship manager .will be doing it shortly. However I dont think nothing much will happen.
What is this dude??? What's with such a negative thinking??
It's like you have decided that they are not going to refund the booking amount. (I think this is the only thing pusing you towards the deal). I say cancel the deal and get the refund. It's it your hard earned money? If nothing happens, escalate the problem. If nothing is working, you can always go to a consmer court.

We, the people are mostly very casual in buying a car. We think "dealer is always right". That's the reason why such dealers still exist.

hdi, I'm sorry if my words are little harsh, but I could see myself in your place. And hence such an emotional outburst.

Whatever it may come, but do stay away from the dealer.

Common seniors, let some comments flow.

Last edited by xPK : 16th March 2009 at 20:16. Reason: spelling mistake
Old 16th March 2009, 20:15   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

@hdi: Have you checked if the car in question is of 2009 manufacture?
Old 17th March 2009, 11:32   #18
Team-BHP Support

Dear Sir,

Please wake up and smell the coffee.
You don't shout at someone politely. That is a privilege reserved for good people who are not trying to cheat you.
This dealer has tried to pass off a bad car to you. Then he tried it again. You are lucky in that you had noted the Engine #, else you would be writing about the lemon you are stuck with.
Then the dealer passes wrong information about the inability to register a car bought elsewhere.

And you still want to buy a car and do business with this establishment.
I think you have never been cheated before and want to fullfill some Karmic requirement
or you are under pressure from family to finish the deal.
Such things are not adequate when you are buying something like a car that costs about 4 Lakhs or so.
Buddy, divide the cost of the car with your monthly salary.
Do you slog your butt off for this dealer to cheat and take your money?

regards,
Imran.

PS: please don't take offence to my language or tone. None is intended. Honest.
Old 19th March 2009, 09:33   #19
BHPian

Hi xPk,Imran and others,

Thanks a lot for your honest comments.None(offence) taken

a) Lets say that I cancel the booking and go to a new dealer.Now what is the guarantee that this thing will not happen again.Prob the new dealer has a 2009 car which is defective and he may give the car to me and I will be still left in lurch.Now in this case if I stick with the dealer ,even though I have been cheated ,there is a atleast a guarantee that I will get a new car from the dealership(Dealer has agreed that I will personally supervise the unloading of the car from the truck and I will do the registration on that day).More importantly right now he does not have any other Gala red indica vista Aura quadra with him other than the defective car.So I am pretty sure that I will get a new car.

b) Personal reasons:I live in Noida and its is really hard for me to go dealer in Delhi as my Job is very hectic and I am really busy on the weekends with my job .Moreover I had spent atleast a month with negotiatiions with the dealer and I am just plainly mentally tired about all this stuff.Yes I do need a car within the next 2-3 weeks due to personal reasons.

c) Finally I think the most money for any dealer comes from A.S.S and I will go to A.S.S to a different dealer.

However this decision is not based on the fact that I cant get my booking amount (although it will be a long drawn out process).

-hdi
Old 20th March 2009, 17:02   #20
BHPian

Quote:
I live in Noida and its is really hard for me to go dealer in Delhi as my Job is very hectic and I am really busy on the weekends with my job
I have all my sympathies with you.

IMHO you should not fall into this trap and please rethink and review the entire decision of yours.

May be you can also look at a different car also.
Old 20th March 2009, 17:17   #21
Senior - BHPian

hdi, full sympathy with you, agree with your pain and time insufficiency but still would request you to change the dealer and try to get a new vehicle from another dealer if possible,you can get your registration at nodia even if you purchase it from delhi, as the dealer is cheating you not once but twice and no guarantee that it wouldnt be repeated,afterall its not 5-10k accessories you are purchasing.
Old 20th March 2009, 17:37   #22
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
...what is the guarantee that this thing will not happen again.Prob the new dealer has a 2009 car which is defective and he may give the car to me and I will be still left in lurch.Now in this case if I stick with the dealer ,even though I have been cheated ,there is a atleast a guarantee that I will get a new car from the dealership(Dealer has agreed that I will personally supervise the unloading of the car from the truck and I will do the registration on that day).
Er... hdi, you have a servant at home who stole all your valuables, and you continue to retain him AND let him keep your valuables because what's the guarantee that the new servant might not murder you?

Quote:
b) Personal reasons:I live in Noida and its is really hard for me to go dealer in Delhi as my Job is very hectic and I am really busy on the weekends with my job .
And you also continue to retain the thief as your servant because you are tired of the effort of finding another servant???

The Delhi dealers will be grateful to SEND a car home to you to check out, test drive and choose to buy. They'll send you 5 cars all together to do your choosing if only you tell them you're ready with the payment. They'll leave the car back with you, and bring back the registration papers the next day. Where are you buddy? Wake up... as bblost said. There's a recession on and people are killing each other to sell cars!!!
Quote:
...this decision is not based on the fact that I cant get my booking amount (although it will be a long drawn out process).
The Delhi dealer will collect the booking amount you paid to the Noida dealer and give it back to you - or give you that amount (if it's a nominal amount) as a cash discount just to sell you the car.

And your love affair with Sterling Noida still doesn't end.
Old 20th March 2009, 17:53   #23
BHPian

This is simply a case of the dealer riding roughshod over a 'polite' customer. But seriously take a deep breath and stop thinking about this car for a couple of days. You are jaded and just want to finish this thing. Plus you seem to want to avoid conflict situations.

But its your hard earned money and you have every right to put your foot down. Its very simple, you are paying for a new car and you should get a new car. Get your booking amount back, on what ground will the dealer deny you this after trying to con you? Threaten to write to Tata if they act funny. And book the car somewhere else. Not all dealers are crooks, and this time you are wiser from the experience and will know how to ensure you get a brand new unblemished car.

Last edited by raul : 20th March 2009 at 17:55.
Old 20th March 2009, 19:01   #24
Senior - BHPian

Boss,

You can get the vista from enough dealers next to noida.

Cmon, vivek and A1 are like across the puddle man. Just too much nonsense you are feeding into your own head. I have a similarly horrible work life balance, but I took time out for the car.

After all, you want to spend the next 4-5 years HAPPILY driving it, unlike our unlucky Tanveer?
Old 20th March 2009, 19:05   #25
Senior - BHPian

hdi_pro, you seem to be a very stoic person. I'd never thought I'd come across another one. Your posts and reactions , to me , look like exactly what I'd do if i were in your shoes.

But then again, i suppose what everyone else says seems to be the right thing to do
Old 23rd March 2009, 16:20   #26
xPK
BHPian

Looks like hdi has already got his car from the same dealer. (I hope it's not).

hdi, why don't you start a poll to decide whether to go for the same dealer. Put all your experiences, constraints and let people vote.
I say, if you get atleast 10% of people suggesting to stick with the same dealer, you can "think" of retaining the dealer.

What say?
Old 25th March 2009, 08:49   #27
BHPian

Hi all,

I have not got the car yet(Will be getting it on 31st March).I spoke with a few dealers in Delhi and they don't have a Gala red vista aura quadra ready right now and it will take another 20 days and I really cant wait that long.

On a realated note ,I spoke with a Tata reletionship manager for NCR and he just dismissed my complaint and told me in that they would not do anything as I have not got the car from the dealer(well as expected I should say)

-hdi
Old 25th March 2009, 09:44   #28
BHPian

sorry mate

Sorry for being harsh - but no one can help you - even God helps those who help themselves.

Hopefully you have considered that car is an asset you will keep for 2-3years. not something you want to hurry up on unless you have good reasons. I am sure you have your reasons. But I would not make the deal - even if it means waiting till June.

Thanks for letting us know which dealer it is. Others wont make the mistake - you are kind enough to bear the cost.
Old 25th March 2009, 16:06   #29
BHPian

Quote:
On a realated note ,I spoke with a Tata reletionship manager for NCR and he just dismissed my complaint and told me in that they would not do anything as I have not got the car from the dealer(well as expected I should say)

-hdi
And you still didnt get the message, gosh, when the company itself is not ready to take the responsibility for dealers actions, you expect them to listen to you after you are handed over a lemon(I pray that doesnt happen)

If the company's relationship manager is saying something like this, DONT even consider buying a TATA..

Your wait for 20 days will provide you peace of mind for the next few years or else you will be writing your experiences here and Tata doing nothing about your problem..

PS: If you actually land up with a lemon, PM me, will provide you all the help in dragging TML to consumer forum.
Old 25th March 2009, 17:19   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I spoke with a Tata reletionship manager for NCR and he just dismissed my complaint and told me in that they would not do anything as I have not got the car from the dealer(well as expected I should say)
Dude, no offense - but you are taking this too softly. You are paying them money and then you tolerate such nonsense? If they don't value your money, just walk away and invest it somewhere else!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks