Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th March 2009, 19:39   #1
Distinguished - BHPian

NEw Honda dealership in Mysore: Inspire Honda

We had been to this showroom yesterday. It is on Hunsur Road. At a certain point, you need to take a right turn and go abt half a km inside.

It's a HUUGE place and it has 120 feet of frontage. The showroom area is beautiful just like any other showroom. What was truly special abt this place is the service area.

It is beautifully designed. They even have a customer lounge on a mezzanine floor which overlooks the service bays. There is also space on the roof for a cafeteria and they plan to get that operational inthe future. They have a drivers' lounge where they have a carrom board. In the customer's lounge, they also have a huge LCD/Plasma TV. They have space for quite a good number of cars presently in their service area. They have also made provisions for the car lifts. Behind the main showroom, they have more space which is currently a stockyard which can be converted to more service bays if the demand grows.

This stockyard is completely covered unlike most showrooms today. There are hardly 2-3 cars parked outside exposed to the elements and I'm guessing these are demo cars. There is also a triangle of land next to the place which is currently unoccupied. They plan to make this a covered, cemented stockyard in the future. I'm really happy that at least one dealership is going forward in this.

In the service section, they have reserved abt 6-7 bays exclusively for bodyshop. As with all Honda service centres, they also have the latest crash repair systems. They said they havent had much chance to use it, but are hopeful that the demand will pick up once word spreads.

We had a chance to check out their back office too. IT is also very well thought out and the whole place reeks of quality and it is evident that some very smart people designed this place.

When we entered, a salesman came up to us immediately and asked us what we wanted. I would give them 10/10 for customer attention.

Really professional people. And the office of the owners overlooks the main showroom so nothing escapes their notice.

This has to be one of the best designed showrooms cum service centres in the country. The way they have routed all the pneumatic cables, electric wires, etc in the service area shows their attention to detail.
Old 15th March 2009, 19:55   #2
Senior - BHPian

Since it a new start up, I would not be surprised with such an experience.

Lets say, 3 years down, they are a huge success and you, Nikhil, walk in to the same place and still find a enthusiastic salesman coming down to you and the rest of your observations still holding true, then my friend, we have a winner.

Regardless, thanks for sharing the experience, and I do hope these people are a set above the rest; wishing them all the best in their endeavor.
Old 15th March 2009, 21:38   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

I think they will be different. They arent new to this business. They have a Hero Honda dealership in Mysore for ages. One of the biggest I hear. They have been in this business for ages. Initially it was cycles!
Old 15th March 2009, 21:48   #4
Team-BHP Support

You went to the honda showroom and did not take a TD of the Accord V6???
Old 15th March 2009, 21:57   #5
Distinguished - BHPian

Hehe. It was raining. Hardly the conditions to take a TD of a 271bhp car.

Plus, I asked. They didnt have it with them.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks