Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th May 2005, 16:02   #1
BANNED

Ichibaan Honda - Bad Experience

My trip in a Taxi,

Well had to take the taxi recently to move from New Mumbai to Kalina(Ichibaan Honda) to pick up my car. The Taxi driver was really a rash driver. Taking terms as if the car was equipped with Traction Control, Electronic stability program and obviously with no sense of physics scared the hell out of me. Not one not twice but almost all the time. Any one cam in the way and he started to shout and yell and abuse like crazy which made me so embarrassed. But anywayz I managed to reach in an hour with a head ache.

Anywayz I reached Honda and was picking my car up after a front bumper change which a motorcyclist came and banged it bad. Resulted in the bumper having a crack.

The car was standing when he managed to do so. Third time front lower spoiler replacement. This time it was really poor service by Ichibaan. They did not even bother to call and tell me what time the car will be ready and they just kept me on hold and I wrote a very negative review about this experience in their suggestion box. Finally managed to get the car after an hour or so but that was thanks to my getting hot. I told the guy to get the car. He called up and said its up will come by lift in a minute. So I was like waiting for an hour with the gate pass. Finally I headed for the lift and was going to go up when I was told that my car was standing right in front of the showroom. Finally saw the car very dirty. Then the guy came and cleaned it. Got the Washer nozzle adjusted and the power window sprayed and left. Also there was a dispute on my last time claim. The car had just come about 1 and a half months back from bonnet adjustment and front spoiler(since the bonnet was no closing) this was covered under insurance. The insurance was under New India Insurance (Mukesh Thakar). In which the Honda guy told me that I will receive the cheque in 30 days how ever a month and 17 days have passed and I have visited the insurance company personally several times since they told me to come and collect it however when I reach there they say that file is lost or some guy not turned up and all crap. What are they upto?? Also there came a driver driven 1.5 Exi Type 1 which was making noise. I asked the driver what happened he said water went in the engine. Then the service advisors did something and it was all fine. I went up and asked how many kms has it logged on. His answer was after seeing the ODO 1 Lacs 60 thousand ONLY.

Saw some accidented Hondas as well.

This happened on the 2nd service at Ichibaan Chembur.

I went for the service dropped the car at 9:30 and as my hub caps had fallen out 2 of them I asked Honda whether they had them with them. So the service (guy his name I think I shouldnot mention here or should i??) He showed me real nice ones and I asked him the price he told me Rs. 1100, I asked him for how many he confirmed it to be for a set of four(confirmed this twice). So I told him to put them. Car was promised at 2P.M but I was confirmed that at 4P.M. Went to get the car. But before that I call him up and ask him the total estimate. He tells me some 99XX. I ask him how come. He tells me that alloy hubs per peace is 1100. So for a pair of 4 its 4400. I told him nothing I just told him to cancel that and remove them from the car since I did not want them now. He tells me ok. I reach there and find the car to be with them. So I tell the service advisor to remove it. He starts talking badly BUT you told me to remove them. I told him quietly but you told me the price to be for a pair of 4 for Rs. 1100. He says I never said that. That is it. I lose my temper. I start off you took me there did not you in the spares section. Then he said yes. Then I asked you the cost. Did not I he said yes. Then I asked you how many for Rs. 1100. Didnto you say 4 and then I told you wont they fall off and then he confirms yes. This happened in front of the all the people present there at Honda that time. Finally he apologizes to me several times. Then I get the gate pass and to my horror find the car to be locked with the key inside. The mechanic tells me that he got the car out and the window was open so he closed the window from outside and then it got locked on its own. Geez how careless can they get.?? The cars security system auto locks in 30 secs after closing of all doors. Now I called up home for someone to send me the key. But then Honda managed to open the door with some of their techniques. What a horrible experience that was. Next time I booked service I called up and said I don’t want that Guy to be service advisor and then she asked car number and then lauged and said ya sir we know why………….

Many more pics to post which I took there but then it will be tooooooo picky.. (hehe) Will post videos too once I come to know how to..

Any idea where i can get this done up

and who says the NHC doesnot look good??

Take a look at this..

Sorry for the long post with way too many pics( i left out many as the post would become way to big).. appreciate the patience you took to read it..

Last edited by Montoya : 12th May 2005 at 16:06.
Old 12th May 2005, 17:12   #2
RJK
Senior - BHPian

Next time, give your car to Linkway Honda. They're much better in comparison...my car always goes there.
Old 12th May 2005, 17:36   #3
BHPian

it is not at all surprising to see Ichibaan doing this. their service standards have been going down as they are opening workshops everywhere. They have this wrong notion that they are the best.

With my experience of working in a maruti dealer workshop, i have seen car maufacturers giving some of the dealers a higher preference and telling them that they are the best as they in turn give car manufacturer higher revenue in terms spares and other services.

here they do not understand that when a dealer thinks too great of himself he ends up behaving like how people at Ichibaan behave coz they know that no harm can be done to them by the car manufacturers.

let us not be at the mercy of the these kind of dealers and look out for people who really are truthful to their customers as well as to themselves.

shubbhi
Old 12th May 2005, 17:39   #4
BANNED

But is not linkway a bit too far since i find it convienent to go to Chembur.
Old 12th May 2005, 22:54   #5
BHPian

ichibaan sucks ...i give my car to linkway they are pretty really nice
Old 13th May 2005, 10:00   #6
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Ichibaan sucks! And thats the bottom line. Read on my Ichibaan Experience and how I eventually got them down to their knees.

For all those who arent aware, Linkway does offer free pickup and dropoff of the car for services. You just have to ask for it. I guess its their way of making up for the weird location of the service stations. I have my Vtec picked up a 730 a.m. and its back by 530 p.m.

GTO
Old 13th May 2005, 10:05   #7
BANNED

Hey GTO,

thats great to hear. I never knew that linkway picks up. These guys dont even bother to leave you to a bus stop or railway station or atleast near a taxi stand. But i dont think i will have to deal with them any more since i am getting rid of the car reasons in what car thread since i am posting for a new one..

Cheers.
Old 13th May 2005, 10:05   #8
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Looks like we arent the only ones. Read on what the mouthshut.com reviews look like.

GTO
Old 13th May 2005, 10:43   #9
Distinguished - BHPian

I might be the only fool that buys the car from Linkway and services it at Ichibaan. :-P
My citys were bought from Linkway...but they are serviced at Ichibaan since its located near my office...its only coz of the location that i send it there.
My Accord was bought from Ichibaan...the delivery was the worest experience i ever had. Well this is what happened.... I went in super excited to get my hands on my 18th bday gift and i enter the showroom there is the black beauty shining like the sun ...simply dazzling in front of my eyes...the excitment level pumps up... i had my agent with me thru whom we buy our cars... he said i will look after the paper work u enjoy lookin at u r new car... i ask the sales guy to open her up for me... he rudely asks who r u is this u r car.... with that much excitment in my head it was easy to get me angry... i said damn bloody right this is my car open the damn thing right now and stop asking me stupid questions abt who i am and wat i do... after my agent told him he opened the car and it took him a decade to find the keys... ruined my entire excitment.... but this was only a teaser compared to what happened next.... after checking out the car the next thing u wanna do is just pump the gas and listen to those 140 odd horse scream into u r ears.... i waited for 30 mins eager to get on the road....they had some issues cleaing some stuff... was there for 2 hrs... and then i lost my cool... my dad called me and said just start the car and get out of there to hell with those guys and thier paper work this is rediculous... i was heated already... i start the car and the sales guys get hyper they were like sir u cannot get out without the gate pass... I got to the point till i said 'is that so? well then try and stop me' and just drove out... it was then that they got working and gave me the gate passs in 2 mins flat.
Once i was on the road i was in 7th heaven.... just the joy of driving the car made me forget all that happened in the past 3 hours.But then they got me again... i reach my dads office that is about 5 kms away from the showroom... i park the car, wait for my dad to come...he sits in to start it and it doesnt start!!! u wanna knwo why....NO PETROL ! how can u send a car out of a showrrom with not even enough petrol to get u home...considering the car even gave an average for 5 ...that makes it 1 liter in the take during delivery.... this really got me and my dad angered big time. Things like this ruin u r experience and joy of buying a 17 lakh car.
But i havent had any problems with their service hence I send the car to them coz its close to the office... If linkway was near by I definatly would rather send it there....I think i will start the free pick up service of linkway from now on.
P.S - Sorry for the long post...just releasing my frustrations haha
Old 13th May 2005, 11:00   #10
BANNED

Weill i had to wait for 4 hours after reaching there for service. The car was ready a month back but their paper work took a month. No wonder my car is manufactured in August but bought on 22nd Sep. As far as fuel is concerned i had told them to full up the tank before. But they were going in front of me for that so i went myself and got it tanvked up at the nearest pump.

P.S I have seen Honda Citys fly across at full throttle. The cars come from Taloja to the showroom. My car had logged 35kms when it reached ichibaan. SO dont these guys who get it floor the car at full throttle? So whats the use of running it when they have already floored the hell out of it??

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks