Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd March 2009, 12:21   #1
BHPian

Funny experience with Four Seasons Mumbai

Hi,

Just thought I'd share the stupidity of an experience with Four Seasons Mumbai I had yesterday.I was looking for a K&N stock replacement filter for my Elantra CRDi,called Four Seasons on Friday and a certain Mr.X says that he does not know if they have one for the diesel.The dude tells me,mostly the Elantra petrol filter will fit or else I'll try to put in the Ford Fusion filter.Sounded pretty silly to me that a K&N dealer doesn't even know what goes into an Elantra CRDi,even the guy sounded like Vajpayee,taking forever to answer anything.But still I tell him that I'll swing by on Saturday afternoon to check it out.
Reach there on Saturday afternoon to find out,this guy is even slower in person than on the phone.Takes forever to answer anything,takes him 20 minutes to find out that one of his mechanics has already given the Elantra filter to someone else who just came in on Saturday morning,and they had just one in stock.Then he just looks at me with a silly smile on his face as if he's just passed wind in public,without any trace of an apology.Doesn't care to inform me when it will be in stock wither.Feeling frustrated at having travelled all the way from Goregaon till Tardeo,I see that he is also a Michelin dealer,so I decide to inquire about the PP2s I intend to buy soon.Tell him to give me the price for PP2s in size 205/60 R15,he does some intensive searching on a TWO-page document and after 10 minutes,proudly informs me that PP2s are not manufactured in that size
This was too much for me,I excused myself and after going out with my friend,we both had the heartiest laugh we've had in a long time.I should have been mad with the silly chap but for some reason,the entire incident with his melodramatic pauses/smiles for no reason and his complete lack of knowledge just tickled my funny bone no end.Just a waste of time but I see this attitude in India all the time,so this has become the norm for me.I am surprised when I get good service instead of the other way round.Speaking with another K&N dealer today,if I can't get it then I'll just pick up a Green along with my Pete's box when I go for the box install on Tuesday.Just another incident showing how customers are last for 99% of companies in India,big or small.Atleast now I can laugh about it though!

Last edited by Rehaan : 23rd March 2009 at 16:33. Reason: Hi, please use spaces after punctuation marks in order to ease readability. Thanks!
Old 22nd March 2009, 12:41   #2
Senior - BHPian

Michelin PP2's are indeed available in that size & you should be looking to pay around 6.5k per piece or so.
Old 23rd March 2009, 11:42   #3
BHPian

Thanks for the info Ishaan sir,I would have checked with you even if he did know the price,but whats up with the Michelin dealers here in Mumbai?I had inquired with another dealer as well sometime ago,and was told Michelin does not have PP2s anymore but has Vivacy!
I mean,being dealers,they are atleast supposed to have basic info that even a lay person like me knows right?
Old 23rd March 2009, 14:50   #4
BHPian

My oft repeated experience in India is: I do not have what you want so why don't you buy what I have. I guess a large number of customers must be giving in, for the seller to have this line of thinking.
Old 23rd March 2009, 23:45   #5
Senior - BHPian

Mav - I would recommend Premji's or Saifee for tyres in Mumbai. For more dealers ping one of the Mumbai members.
Old 23rd March 2009, 23:50   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bomi View Post
My oft repeated experience in India is: I do not have what you want so why don't you buy what I have. I guess a large number of customers must be giving in, for the seller to have this line of thinking.
Bomi - very well said. An oft repeated line indeed!
Old 24th March 2009, 00:01   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maverick030581 View Post
Then he just looks at me with a silly smile on his face as if he's just passed wind in public
This statement really made my day.

Really its pathetic to find that a lot of dealers, do not even know anything about their own products. Last time in Delhi i went to pick a spare tyre for my swift in the stock size. Waiting there i enquired the owner for a set of yokohamas. His answer was" kya beta kahan yoko poko ke chakkar main pad rahe ho mrf lo sabse badiya hai". What could I say.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks