Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th May 2009, 23:28   #1
Senior - BHPian

Went to check out the New A6 at Audi Delhi, and....

As I was aware, the Audi showrooms across India would start to display the New A6, so called the Delhi showroom (regent garage, mathura road) and got the reply, ***(my name), the cars have arrived as have the brochures.

I reach the showroom post lunch hoping to get a look at the cars.

A lady at the reception, asks about my purpose of visit and I tell her that I wanted to have a look at he new A6.

A silver 3.0 TDi quattro, the current old model was on display and to add to my shock, the lady told my that the car is the newly facelifted one!!

The new cars had been unloaded from the truck and go to the workshop where i have a look, all alone not expecting a salesperson to bother me.

Then a person comes and when I look at the car, stares at me aghast and then silently himself looks at the same vehicle and examines the changes made to the exterior and the interior.

About 1/2 hour pass by, had a look and came to know the changes (after reading the brochure i picked up myself along with the pricelist without anyone's help), then a conversation between the salesperson and a prospective customer catches my attention.

The customer calls up and asks about the new model of A6 and the salesperson starts to say that it is just launched today, luxury package that was an option before is now standard along with a provision given for the rear seat entertainment preparation etc..

Now for the most funny part:

When that customer asks what exactly the changes are being made, the same person who has seen the new A6 car before with me answers

"sir, I haven't physically seen the car but if you are aware about the facelift that audi has given to the A6 those are the changes made..Why don't you come to the showroom tomorrow and see the car yourself and then decide that whether you want to buy an audi car or not.." was the answer.

(maybe just interested to clear out the old stock but that answer made me confused-is it something that he is not confident on audi brand or not..is the question, or is he indirectly inducing the customer to buy an E or a 5?)

then, after 10 minutes, all of them suddenly disappeared for a meeting and I was left scratching my head..

(I am still left at a loss of words while creating this post and it may be confusing but the fact is that sales persons at audi delhi seem that they are not interested in selling cars at all.

Poor product knowledge and god knows how will they get rid of that black A8 W12 that is now standing for about 6 months now.)
Old 5th May 2009, 23:40   #2
BANNED

Didn't a few of us post replies to a very similar thread a while ago? What's going on, dear moderators? Anyway, I'll repeat my post.

Why blame the salesman? He was being straightforward.
Old 5th May 2009, 23:44   #3
Senior - BHPian

printing error of mileage figures?

this is the specifications at the back of the brochure, just carefully go through the fuel consumption part of it.

errors:
  1. how can a 3.0 tfsi petrol with 285 bhp be considerably more fuel efficient than the 2.7 tdi diesel?
  2. extra urban figures are often more than the urban counterparts in this case it is the opposite.
  3. in this brochure, it is quoted as fuel consumption in KM/L. If these figures are correct, then I think it should have been in Litres per 100 km. (L/ 100 KM)
Attached Thumbnails
Went to check out the New A6 at Audi Delhi, and....-.jpg  

Last edited by sidindica : 5th May 2009 at 23:46.
Old 5th May 2009, 23:58   #4
Senior - BHPian

the germans usually post it as l per 100 km. So higher figures on the petrol is obvious. However they're too good to be believed.
Old 6th May 2009, 17:29   #5
Senior - BHPian

hmm, well the salesman may not be aware of the recent upgrades. Its the onus of the dealer also to train the salesmen well in advance before the product is launched.

Are we expecting too much, given the fact these salesman donot stick for a job for long.
Old 16th May 2009, 12:49   #6
BHPian

sidindica i hope that even though you feel sad for audi you must have enjoyed the funny experience in the showroom.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks