Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th May 2009, 15:17   #1
BHPian

Weird experience with Samara Hyundai workshop, Okhla

This case is still in progress, but it'd be good to get suggestions and feedback from you all.

Last Saturday I went for a paid service (48000 km) for my Santro to Samara Okhla. Everything went fine (I've had zero complaints with them in the past 2 occasions that I've been there) until a weird incident- some grease monkey opened up some valve when engine purging (decarb) was just over, and the solvent+engine oil gushed out and splashed all over the engine, bonnet (inside and outside), windshield etc.

The guy continued with his (I noticed it after 10 mins or so of its happening) and was confident that he could wipe this stuff clean. Later, the entire army of greasemonkeys armed with a scrubber couldn't get the yellow-brown marks off my bonnet. They have faded largely, but are still clearly visible on close inspection. On top of that, the hardcore scrubbing has left some additional marks (which I am hopign will go away with rubbing/polishing).

As it came to 7:30 pm when the marks were still getting scrubbed, the manager walked in and advised the service executive to wait for 4-5 days, let some dust settle in and then scrub it (his idea is that the marks will go away the second time).

Accordingly, i am going for a second round of scrubbing tomorrow. I'll also ask for rubbing and polishing off the scrubbing marks.

Questions to you all- what else can I do to get Samara to return the car as they got it- the shiny gleaming bonnet et al? Does anyone know if the solvent will corrode the engine block (they just washed the insides with water, no scrubbing involved?)

What would you have done in my situation?
Old 8th May 2009, 15:47   #2
BANNED

You should have had them make a note in the delivery challan. At the moment it is your word against theirs.
Old 8th May 2009, 15:54   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
You should have had them make a note in the delivery challan. At the moment it is your word against theirs.
Yeah, I agree. By the way, had a word with the concerned SA on the phone just now and he asked me to come at 10 am tomorrow. He was also saying that if worst comes to worse, he'll get the bonnet painted. I am equally concerned about the engine block though.
Old 31st August 2009, 16:28   #4

Thanks for the info from this bulletin....i was buying Hyundai i10 inspite on knowingthat it has plastic bracket for radiator grill which when hit from front will fall and not work for the car.
I have booked the car at SAMARA Hyundai and made it clear that the car needs to be delivered on 31Aug'09, but today to my dismay; they have come back that the car cannot be delivered for next 2 days.
The poor sales service has prompted me to not buy the car from the Samara Hyundai and now when i read that they are poor in service too I have decided not to buy the car itself rather buy Maruti Swift or Skoda Fabia
Old 31st August 2009, 19:11   #5
Team-BHP Support

Nova: Whatever you do, DO NOT buy a Fabia. Just have a look at Skoda review here on the forum.
Old 31st August 2009, 21:34   #6
BHPian

Hey Nova, sorry it's my fault that I didn't update this thread. I met the SA next day and he was ready to get the bonnet painted. But at that time when we looked closely, the marks had turned barely visible and since the painting would have involved leaving the car at the workshop, I decided against it. The SA also told me that the marks will be completely gone in a matter of months with regular washing and cleaning, and this is exactly what has happened. I haven't noticed the marks for many weeks now, but I can take a look tomorrow morning to see if they are still visible (even minutely).

I think Samara guy did a mistake in having the marks sprayed all over the car's bonnet in first place, but afterwards the SA was supportive and accepted his fault. Curiously, the workshop manager initially showed some resistance in agreeing to a bonnet and bumper repaint, but then I got really firing at him for failing to own up to his workshop's fault and trying to evade the responsibility. Within no time, the guy agreed.

I would rate Samara at 3 points out of 10 on this whole incident, but I will still go back to them for next service because:

1. Mistakes or accidents like this can happen anywhere, in any workshop
2. They've been generally been good to me and my car

Hope this settles the issue for once and for all.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks