Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st May 2009, 15:57   #16
BHPian

Bosch service

Talking of multibrand service stations, has anybody tried Bosch's service, below is the link to this:

Bosch - Bosch Car Service (BCS)
Old 26th May 2009, 12:41   #17
BHPian

Just saw a CARNATION workshop near Mira Road (where I stay) called them and asked for an appointment for my Tata XETA for Saturday, my car has run 36k (third year running).

After reading this wonder its worth going to CAR***, reason being I am not too happy with Wasan and Shaman has stopped servicing TATA & FIAT.

Anyone who has been to Mumbai CAR*** do comment or any other A.S.S which has done a good job for TATA Cars!!
Old 26th May 2009, 16:58   #18
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ported_head View Post
For a multi brand workshop such as these, how do they manage the inventory of parts? How many parts could you possibly stock, for how many different cars?
A multi-outlet brand like Carnation has the pockets to maintain a massive central repository of spares. I'd say, maximum of a day to ship that rare part from one city to the other. I also read someplace that they are open to importing spares (if local manufacturers don't sell parts to them) and stocking up themselves .
Old 1st June 2009, 12:31   #19
Senior - BHPian

Well, not a pleasant experience, but it could be one off case. I seriously hope, Mr Khattar does something impressive on the service standards and takes it up to next level. This kind of thing has tremendous potential in India, only if they care.
Old 1st June 2009, 13:39   #20
Senior - BHPian

Well, I too had been to carnation yesterday (31st May, 09). It being a sunday, I was expecting a lot of rush at the service center as it caters to various segments. All I wanted to buy was a pair of wiper blades for my Zen. As soon I entered the premises of carnation (in Mira Road), it bore a deserted look. The entire office was empty including the "May I help you" section! Only 1 gentleman sitting at the counter. I asked him if he can help me in getting wiper blades for my Zen? Prompt came the reply - Sir, the stores are closed today sir. You can come tomorrow. We work only Monday-Saturday and Sunday's we only do car polishing! Oh yeah! Went out to the friendly Maruti neighbour, and bought the blades.

Just when I trusted Mr. Khattar and his business plan, I had to return empty handed.

Just one simple question. Almost a majority of people working Mon-Sat, who would keep his service station closed on a sunday? Look at Maruti dealerships! They are overflowing with cars on sundays!
Old 3rd October 2009, 19:22   #21
BHPian

Carnation Sec 63 NOIDA A/C gas recharge - wouldn't trust these guys

My regular service center for the Palio is Samyak (now called Elegant Cars) at Patparganj, Delhi. However, I took my car to Carnation Sec 63 NOIDA for a quick A/C gas recharge job, since it is almost next door to my office.

Without boring you with too much detail, after charging the car with 550gms of gas, the mechanic informed the billing desk that the car's A/C had NO GAS at all previously, and that I should be charged for 550gms. Actually, my A/C was working more-or-less OK *before* taking the car to Carnation and it was only because my 'sixth sense' told me that gas pressure was a little low that I had decided to get the gas recharged.

Being used to FIAT service, I have the habit of keeping a very close eye on what is going on with the car. So instead of enjoing the 'customer lounge experience', I was paying full attention.

I saw the machine recover .47kg (470 gms) of gas, before being charged with .55kg (550 gms). When I took it up with the technician, he fumbled *really badly*, and finally tried to explain it by saying that it was some 'Vaccum pressure' indication. After thoroughly cross questioning him in the presence of the manager, he said that he did not actually see how much gas had been recovered, since he was busy with another car.

Finally though, since I had taken this issue up very strongly, I was billed Rs. 250 for the gas so I don't think I was charged for the full 550 gms.

Were it not for my FIAT service habit (paying close attention, I would surely have been fleeced today.

Another point: I was made to wait for 2 hrs 20 mins, before any work started on my car. The mechanics at Samyak attend to my car immediately everytime I go there.

I would prefer FIAT Service (Samyak) over Carnation anyday! That says a lot about carnation.

Last edited by vipul_singh : 3rd October 2009 at 19:39.
Old 5th October 2009, 18:56   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by setuniket View Post

I had very bad experience at sec-8 centre, never ever went back to that place, and swear to never recommend this centre to anyone whom I know. Surprisingly all others have given very good ratings to this centre.

Before everyone decides to judge that it seems I am complaining about the every service centre I go, there is an exception, Vipul Motors, Noida served my car very very well.

Now I am wondering where to go 3 months later.
Setuniket,

Try the Sector-63 center of Motorcraft. The Service Advisors and the mechanics are pretty well versed with the cars they service. I have a Zen and have been going to them for quite sometime with no complaints. They are pretty upfront on things they can do for you within the stipulated time. I can't say the same for Vipul though.
Old 5th October 2009, 22:55   #23
BHPian

My busy schedule meant that I couldn't update this thread. The CA who attended my car during the service called me up 15 days ago. Senior people in carnation must have landed up in this topic through google and must have asked him to call me up. He asked me about the thread here in Team-BHP and said that "can you please remove this thread".

I promptly replied that sorry this was my experience with carnation sec-63 and I have clearly stated this in the thread and I cannot change or remove anything. I expect better service to even update anything in this thread. He had no reply to this and thanked me and disconnected the call.

This was not his mistake, his management screwed up and spares procurement was lax which was beyond his control and he was made to apologize. Some people simply dont learn from their past mistakes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vipul_singh View Post
My regular service center for the Palio is Samyak (now called Elegant Cars) at Patparganj, Delhi. However, I took my car to Carnation Sec 63 NOIDA for a quick A/C gas recharge job, since it is almost next door to my office.

Being used to FIAT service, I have the habit of keeping a very close eye on what is going on with the car. So instead of enjoing the 'customer lounge experience', I was paying full attention.

I would prefer FIAT Service (Samyak) over Carnation anyday! That says a lot about carnation.
Thats surely scary, in my visit I was there all the time with my car to ensure that nothing is added to the car unless required, after hearing what was being done to the poor M800 in the next bay.

My experience in CBZ, Noida has made me habitual to keep an eye on everything done on my vehicle. I wont hesitate to pay extra for the work done genuinely and without any hint of malice.

In respect to the time taken, if you visit them without appointment they will surely take time. I met them a day before, explained them the issues and reached quite early on the scheduled day and my car was attended promptly.

@Rideon: Thanks for the tip, do we need to take an appointment before service or do I land up early in the morning as was the case in Vipul.
Old 5th October 2009, 23:01   #24
Senior - BHPian

These issues makes me wonder, if Carnation owns and operates the workshops themselves. Or do they follow some sort of a franchising model?

I had expected Carnation to run their leashes really tight in the beginning. It is tough as it is establishing a name to compete with the Authorised setups and private workshops that have built rapport over years.
Old 6th October 2009, 17:27   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by setuniket View Post
@Rideon: Thanks for the tip, do we need to take an appointment before service or do I land up early in the morning as was the case in Vipul.
No problemo. I suggest you just pop in when the center opens, rather 15 minutes before. They open at 9am.
Old 6th October 2009, 18:10   #26
BHPian

@Setu, Thanks for updating us on Carnation Sec 63 episode. Well I reside and work in nearby area Indrapuram/Sec63 and was thinking of visiting them, but now will be very cautious. Well as requested long back, I can recommend Motorcarft Sec 63. My Alto (2004 to 2008, 60K, Sold) and present Sx4 (2007, 29K) were/are serviced here and I am on the happier side.
Old 7th October 2009, 13:24   #27
evo
BHPian

Thats really bad, was looking forward to Carnation as a quality A.S.S experience, but I suppose your diagnosis about the staff being from existing ones would surely be a part of the problem.

However, in all fairness, is it possible to get a whole new bunch of people for a place? But no doubt older people can be trained too.
Old 7th October 2009, 15:12   #28
BHPian

Quote:
These issues makes me wonder, if Carnation owns and operates the workshops themselves. Or do they follow some sort of a franchising model?

I had expected Carnation to run their leashes really tight in the beginning. It is tough as it is establishing a name to compete with the Authorised setups and private workshops that have built rapport over years.
It 'seems' to be a franchise model. I might be wrong though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rideon View Post
No problemo. I suggest you just pop in when the center opens, rather 15 minutes before. They open at 9am.
Thanks again. The car service will be due in sometime, will visit them after Diwali.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarCruiser View Post
@Setu, Thanks for updating us on Carnation Sec 63 episode. Well I reside and work in nearby area Indrapuram/Sec63 and was thinking of visiting them, but now will be very cautious. Well as requested long back, I can recommend Motorcarft Sec 63. My Alto (2004 to 2008, 60K, Sold) and present Sx4 (2007, 29K) were/are serviced here and I am on the happier side.
Thanks for the recommendaiton, I will head to Motorcraft soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by evo View Post
Thats really bad, was looking forward to Carnation as a quality A.S.S experience, but I suppose your diagnosis about the staff being from existing ones would surely be a part of the problem.

However, in all fairness, is it possible to get a whole new bunch of people for a place? But no doubt older people can be trained too.
I too had high expectations, that finally I will be able to have CBZ like experience for cars. I was terribly disappointed.
Training older people should ideally be right way to go and then taking newly appointed people to learn would be the next logical step. Btw when I had visited the place, there were no newbies, all people were poached from various service centre's.
Old 7th October 2009, 19:34   #29
BHPian

Quote:
For a multi brand workshop such as these, how do they manage the inventory of parts? How many parts could you possibly stock, for how many different cars? I guess they can only stock most popular parts of the most popular cars. And a few oddities. Must be a nightmare.

With small independent garages it's a lot easier, they can always extend a day citing unavailability of parts. But when customers avail the services of such a setup, I guess the expectation is to deliver on the same day, just like an authorised service center.
My experience with small garages is that they are the quickest to get spares. One guy who I get some minor work done from calls his regular suppliers and has his parts delivered in an hour or less. The other guy has 2 errand boys who go to the spares market on a scooter and are back in no time at all. No indents/PO's/authorizations!
Old 7th October 2009, 20:33   #30
Distinguished - BHPian

Dear all - I am not surprised. The people who "claim to control" things actually are a dime a dozen floating all over the place. The "big guys" don't move out of conference rooms is a known fact and a foregone conclusion (sigh!). I noticed that this car was an Omni with odometer reading around 47000 kms. I have noted exactly which "gasket / packing" was not available and I would like to see the "claim to be controlling" guys, (not the hardcore workshop guys who do all the work and the presentationwallahs take all the credit), to actually log on and identify exactly which "gasket / packing" we are talking about. I totally endorse Pragmites' comments in the post just before this one that the friendly neighbourhood small shop is the best source for such parts, and these shops have all genuine parts also if you know where to look and whom to have contact with. For the last 32 years, in the area where my cars get restored, I just walk inside any shop (there are more than 50 shops in the area), pick up the part that I want and I walk out and heaven have pity on any shopkeeper who even attempts to pass on a fake to me. I throw it back on his head in front of all his customers. I have built rapport to that extent but for that I have continuously slogged for 32 years. I actually have all my parts ready in my possession one day before I work on my car. My day is planned and I finish within half an hour of my scheduled time. Just for information, part prices are marked in letters on the packing. An "SGY" may actually mean Rs.795 etc. I have tried my level best to break this code but without success after 32 years. That's the way to do this business. The presentationwallahs will never understand all this and the big guys never leave conference rooms. I can only pity them, poor fellows, they cannot do anything else except make fancy presentations.

Kabhi kaam kiya hoga to samjhega naa!

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks