Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 25th June 2009, 13:05   #1
Distinguished - BHPian

Nissan service experience in Bangalore

Guys,

This is not my experience. It's of a friend. Posting it here because he asked me to.

For the original story, go here....

TechEnclave

If you are not a member on that forum and cant read the thread, here it goes.

Quote:
You read it correct Nissan Service in India S**KS
Here goes my experience with Nissan .Gave my Xtrail for service yesterday,it was regular service nothing much had to be done expect for regular oil changes ,filter changes etc.I was shocked to hear that the service is gonna cost me 9K,did not have any other option other than giving it to them as there no other authorized service center other than Shahwar Nisaan for the whole of Bangalore/ Karnataka.Befor i could drop of the keys i asked the service manager what all is done in a regular service.Car cleaning(Interior+Exterior+under body) will be done and polished.It was good hearing that they do cleaning( i had plans of giving it to a 3rd party cleaning center after the service).After this is i dropped off the car in the service station came back home.

Today morning got call from Nissan saying Saar(Bangalore slang ur car is ready.I was a bit busy and did not go till 5PM.They called me at least 3 times to remind me that my car is ready.Finally went there around 5.30PM and went to check the car.I was like ***,they did not even bother clean the car,applied some elcheapo polish ,the whole car was sticky.I felt they applied coconut of some waste oil for the car.Nothing was cleaned as promised and in the bill they had charged me Rs500/- for polish liquids.The total serivce bill was Rs8721/-( where 4400 is labor charge alone).I got pi**ed off big time and asked for a Manager.No one was replying so called the sales manager of Nissan and blasted him.Then came the `service head of Nissan Karnataka.

I spoke withe service politely that i cannot take my car back as nothing was done.He told that this is what we do to all customer(ripping off ).I told him to come along with me to Cars R Us shop and i will show him what does cleaning of car mean.I started clicking snaps og the car and started to threaten him that i am going to court blah blah blah.The service head immediately said that he redo the entire cleaning in my car and give it tomorrow.I rejected it saying my car was supposed to be delivered today ,had a lot of arguments with him.

After 45 mins or so he started the cleaning process of my car.I asked what products do u use to clean dash board.The product he showed me might cost 20 or 30 bucks in local market .Again i started blasting him off.He went out for 40 mins came back with the 3M cleaning products from the sales center.I was happy to see that they started cleaning my car with 3M cleaning products .He gave the car a complete was removed the car seats vacuumed them ,cleaned interiors and polished the entire car.All this done at no charge and out come of car was very very good but had to skip a business meeting( got nice blasting from Dad. I wonder why cant the service peeps their job correctly even before we could blast them and waste our time(Came home at 10PM).

The reason why i said Nissan service S**KS is that for 9k they did nothing and its ripping off customers .I need ur help in finding a 3rd party service center in Bangalore where i can get my car serviced here after wards cant pay 60% of my sal for one car service.

There another astonishing part.I had to change my car tyres as they are completely worn out.Nissan quoted me 42K for four tyres( It was a Michelin Latitude 235/60/R16 Profile ones),called up Nikhil immediately and asked for the price they were just 8.5K per tyre.Will get them change thru Nikhil in some time.The back bumper of my car was damaged by out stupid driver,the quote for this was 45K,cannot afford the bumper due to recession.

PS: Would request any TE member( who is alos a member of Team-Bhp) to post a thread in Team-Bhp regarding a 3rd party service center for Xtrail any where in Bangalore and post the link here.I cannot do it as i am not a member there.
Personally, I feel that the only sad part about this was that the bill was quite high for very little work and even after charging so much, they didnt clean and polish the exterior and interior of the car properly.

Last edited by GTO : 27th April 2012 at 12:23. Reason: Removing excessive smilies from quoted post
Old 1st July 2009, 23:09   #2
BHPian

where was your friend leaving his car prior to this incident? did he buy it new from the bangalore dealer? how much has the car run?
Old 26th April 2012, 11:00   #3
BHPian

Re: Nissan service experience in Bangalore

Sad to hear about your experience. I hope they are not treating all their customers alike and that yours was an one-off experience. And what were they planning to do with the extra 8k? Buy tire polish?

And to the TBHP crew, is Nissan planning on opening any more dealerships in Bangalore?
Old 26th April 2012, 11:12   #4
Team-BHP Support

Re: Nissan service experience in Bangalore

Note from Support: Old thread. Closed.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks