Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th July 2009, 14:47   #1
BHPian

Magnum Honda - Bangalore - SMS based Updates

I had a long drive over the weekend and decided to give car for a just wash at Magnum Honda as it was too dirty internally as well as outside. So far so good - same routine process - he checks the car and gives me Service Check Sheet. While i was coming back to work in Ric, i gets the first SMS by Magnum Honda saying thanks for dropping the car and my job estimate would be 330 Rs.

Next Surprise - with 2 hours, i gets another SMS saying your car is now ready and bill amount is 360RS.

That was cool....i am not sure, this might be existing in some other cities, but for me - this was the first experience in Bangalore..

cool...isn't it?
Old 8th July 2009, 14:58   #2
BANNED

I used get SMS from Tarun Motors , Bangalore whenever i give my Splendor for Service. The message will say the bill amount and the time i can drop into take my vehicle.

In common its good to know that dealers are taking initiative to give better info/service by adding these kind of services
Old 8th July 2009, 15:02   #3
BHPian

Dakshin Honda on hosur Road also sends sms , this is cool Everytime I give it for service I get sms updates .
Old 8th July 2009, 15:17   #4
BHPian

Hi Srini, looks like all Honda dealers have implemented this system. Even I get these updates from Dakshin Honda and I was really impressed with the SMS updates that includes the approximate cost, time of delivery and they finally sum it up with the actual cost.
Old 8th July 2009, 15:18   #5
Senior - BHPian

This has been the order of the day for Tata Motors with a very elaborate CRM system in place.

Last edited by extreme_torque : 8th July 2009 at 15:20.
Old 8th July 2009, 15:23   #6
Senior - BHPian

Yep, Even Whitefield Honda sends SMS when your car is being serviced . But I didn't get any SMS about the bill, It was a phone call instead ;-)
Old 9th July 2009, 10:07   #7
Senior - BHPian

Most people say Honda service isn't very good - but my experience has been impressive. I have received the 2 services i had there within 2 hours. I give the car around 10 AM on a Saturday morning and get it back around 12-ish. Such a fast service is not something i been experienced with Maruti or FIAT before.

Then there's routine SMS messages. They had a family day one month back, and then they are having a mileage & maintenance session for drivers next week.

Quite happy to be with Magnum!
Old 9th July 2009, 10:16   #8
BHPian

Yeha...Magnum Honda folks are quite good..my interactions with them so far has been quite positive. Car is always clean and delivery time is prompt as well. I had terrible time with Advaith Hyundai - JP Nagar when i had Santro. They are not only ineffecient but also incompetent.
Old 9th July 2009, 14:26   #9
Senior - BHPian

nothing new, dropped friends Estilo at Apra Auto Gurgaon, they dropped by their cab, while on the way, got an sms "thanks for visiting" and once job done, got a message of the work done.
Old 9th July 2009, 15:18   #10
Distinguished - BHPian

Most of the MASS have been sending SMS updates since a couple of years now. Even, Honda 2-wheeler service centers do this at many places.
Old 9th July 2009, 15:23   #11
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyWalker View Post
Quite happy to be with Magnum!
Magnum who were formerly Cauvery Ford do go a long way in trying to keep their customers happy. I had a joyous 2 years of ownership experience while my car was under their care. Good to know they're still keeping their flag flying high.
Old 9th July 2009, 15:24   #12
JVH
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
Most of the MASS have been sending SMS updates since a couple of years now. Even, Honda 2-wheeler service centers do this at many places.
Yup. Regular updates and timely SMS was highlight of MASS RNS motors when I used to service my Zen.
Old 9th July 2009, 15:28   #13
BHPian

Originally I thought only Whitefield Honda did this, but now realize that it is probably introduced/provided by all Honda service centres in Bangalore. May be their s/w is common
Old 9th July 2009, 16:50   #14
Senior - BHPian

Auto Service(Bajaj probiking dealer) in Banashankari, they even send SMS, when your Emission validity is about to expire, I make I always get my 4 wheeler& 2 wheeler Emission test done here.
Old 9th July 2009, 19:06   #15
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrinivasap View Post
Yeha...Magnum Honda folks are quite good..my interactions with them so far has been quite positive. Car is always clean and delivery time is prompt as well. I had terrible time with Advaith Hyundai - JP Nagar when i had Santro. They are not only ineffecient but also incompetent.
Well, you were hugely unlucky! Both of them are owned by the same people. Advaith Hyundai has always been very good when it comes to service. It is not possible for Advaith Hyundai to be regularly as bad as people say and Magnum Honda to be so good while under the same management team!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks