Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd August 2009, 17:13   #1
BHPian

Fiat service experience at Hariprasad, Basavanagudi

Hello once again !

It's been quite a while since I have posted anything on TBHP. Well here goes my update.

4th service: 17k on the odo
A.S.S: Hariprasad, Basavanagudi
Major cost: Fully Synth Shell Helix Ultra engine oil (4 ltr) - Rs.3600/-
Service charge: Rs.1150/- (Labour:900; Coolant:100; Oilfilter:150)

All in all the service was done very well. Had a few dashboard noise issues, which were taken care of. The post service wash was also done quite well.

The oil: Shell Helix Ultra 5W-40 Fully Synthetic.
Result: Noticed a considerable change in the bottom end torque. The rpm band is much smoother.
No loss of power between gear changes. It is even more easier to touch 120 KMPH and beyond.
Will post experience on the OIL thread.

Fuel as usual is Shell normal. The FE figures are consistent and have more or less settled at City:13; Highway:15.5.

Everything else remains constant like they were when I brought her home.

Time trial: Mangalore Shiradi ghat section covered in 45 mins flat (while it still existed, ofcourse)

Well gotta run now..enjoy the pics ! Will post more once my garage opens.

Cheers
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat service experience at Hariprasad, Basavanagudi-wheel.jpg  

Fiat service experience at Hariprasad, Basavanagudi-profile.jpg  

Fiat service experience at Hariprasad, Basavanagudi-hlights.jpg  

Fiat service experience at Hariprasad, Basavanagudi-aspect.jpg  

Last edited by meremortal : 3rd August 2009 at 17:18. Reason: Typo
Old 3rd August 2009, 17:34   #2
Senior - BHPian

Lovely car Meremortal - 13KPL in city is too much how do you manage that?

how old is the car? 2008?
Old 4th August 2009, 11:25   #3
Senior - BHPian

Hariprasad is a old time Fiat service center, they do a good job though they are no more Authorized SC post Fiat-Tata alliance.
Old 4th August 2009, 14:38   #4
Senior - BHPian

damn it looks so simlilar to my car

did the service center said anything about warranty while changing the engine oil ??

i have also given them valvoline oil in 1st(1.3k kms), 2nd(5k kms) and 3rd(10k kms) service but they always make issue about it and always i have to argue with them to get it done. next service i am planning to shift to synthetic oil but tass already has mobil synthetic oil but i don't trust them with my 4000rs . so planning to but some synthetic oil outside then give it to them .....

PS: get the tyres changed it makes a lot difference in handling and braking ......

Last edited by Rahulkool : 4th August 2009 at 14:40.
Old 5th August 2009, 11:16   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahulkool View Post
damn it looks so simlilar to my car

did the service center said anything about warranty while changing the engine oil ??

i have also given them valvoline oil in 1st(1.3k kms), 2nd(5k kms) and 3rd(10k kms) service but they always make issue about it and always i have to argue with them to get it done. next service i am planning to shift to synthetic oil but tass already has mobil synthetic oil but i don't trust them with my 4000rs . so planning to but some synthetic oil outside then give it to them .....

PS: get the tyres changed it makes a lot difference in handling and braking ......
Actually the service person was more than happy to put in the oil I get. Plus he made sure I was present while the oil was being fillied and the filter changed. There was no issues with warranty etc,.
Old 5th August 2009, 11:24   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by planet_rocker View Post
Lovely car Meremortal - 13KPL in city is too much how do you manage that?

how old is the car? 2008?
Well planet_rocker as it goes my usage is 70% on the highways. I am not a city driver, I prefer riding my Loyal Victor (pun) in the cities.

That said I don't rev hard while in the city. Usually I shift at 2000 rpm and try to be at 3rd and 4th, and even 5th when I get the chance.

Plus the bells and whistles of maintaining tyre air pressure, filling at the same fuel pump (Shell Normal) have helped.

Yeah its a 2008 model.

Last edited by meremortal : 5th August 2009 at 11:26.
Old 7th August 2009, 13:12   #7
BHPian

I had a good experience at Hariprasad too!. They seem to know better about the car than most people in Authorized service centers. I got my brakepads fitted there.
They seem to be popular amongst uno owners.
I feel if they have better volumes, they can do a really good job. Pity they are no longer authorized. FIAT should have retained them.

Slightly off topic, but Manipal motors no longer services FIAT. Now the only option is Concorde or Prerana. Less said about concorde the better. So is Prerana the only option?
Old 7th August 2009, 18:44   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kvish View Post
I had a good experience at Hariprasad too!. They seem to know better about the car than most people in Authorized service centers. I got my brakepads fitted there.
They seem to be popular amongst uno owners.
I feel if they have better volumes, they can do a really good job. Pity they are no longer authorized. FIAT should have retained them.

Slightly off topic, but Manipal motors no longer services FIAT. Now the only option is Concorde or Prerana. Less said about concorde the better. So is Prerana the only option?
You have missed out Green Tracks! I am not sure whether it was intentional!!

@meremortal: 3600 INR for Shell Helix seems pretty steep. Where do you buy?

Last edited by jagan0677 : 7th August 2009 at 18:45. Reason: Add..
Old 8th August 2009, 10:19   #9
Senior - BHPian

13km in city??? How????
Old 11th August 2009, 19:18   #10
Ice
BHPian

Guys,
Does Hari Prassad service cars still under warranty? I have a Palio MJD (Oct 2008) still under warranty and I HATE Prerana. Need to figure out another place to get it serviced.
Old 12th August 2009, 11:03   #11
Senior - BHPian

Ice, Hariprasad is no more Authorised SC, so they may not offer free service for cars under warranty.
You can try GreenTracks (near Silkboard, Hosur Road).
Old 12th August 2009, 16:26   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jagan0677 View Post
You have missed out Green Tracks! I am not sure whether it was intentional!!

@meremortal: 3600 INR for Shell Helix seems pretty steep. Where do you buy?
Bought it from an oil dealer near Minerva circle.
Old 12th August 2009, 16:36   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice View Post
Guys,
Does Hari Prassad service cars still under warranty? I have a Palio MJD (Oct 2008) still under warranty and I HATE Prerana. Need to figure out another place to get it serviced.
Try Green Tracks near Silk Board, beside a Mahindra service centre.

Contact Mr.Babu - 9980122197

Once your free service coupons run out, shift to HariPrasad.

The problem with greentracks in that Mr.Babu and Mr.Prasad are the only ones their who know about cars. You can't be assured you will get their supervision each time you drop by. Hence I moved to HariPrasad. Besides its 5 mins walk from my place.

HariPrasad does a neat job. No problems.
Old 12th August 2009, 17:11   #14
Senior - BHPian

beautiful looking car there.... 13 kmpl is pretty darn impressive for 1.6 Litre 1.1 Tonne hatch!
Old 7th October 2009, 14:19   #15

I have the exact same car, same color too but it gives only 9 Kmpl in city :(
I keep the rpm below 3000(occasionally may touch 4000). Whats the secret of your 13 kmpl fuel economy?

I did my 4th service at Hariprasad too. Changed oil to Mobil 1 5W50 which cost around Rs4000/- .
I'm not all that happy with their service. There is still a lot of cabin noise which they told was fixed. I observed that they had not replaced the battery grease after cleaning the battery.

I also had a problem with the pickup in 1st gear. It started after my second free service at Manipal motors, Airport road. I told Hariprasad about this and they told they'd look into it. After service they said that the problem was with some sensor being blocked and that it was cleaned and the problem is solved. But still the problem remains.
I think it has something to do with the clutch. But clutch is self adjusting. I wonder if Manipal motors tampered with my clutch.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks