Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th October 2009, 12:51   #1
BHPian

A class apart, or so it seems! -Urs Kar Services, Mysore

Hi all ,

Wanted to share with you my experience with Urs Kar Services , the authorised TaTa - Fiat Dealership in Mysore Karnataka .

Okay here goes .

Pre-sale : Our family walks into the showroom and are greeted and told to be seated , they patiently explain to us all the models available at the showroom and ask us if we have anything in particular [ thanks to TBHP i had done my homework , and aksed info on punto ].

Dad was very busy bit did steal some time between his schedule and dropped in , i dont know if their courtesy was real or a put-on as my Dad is a senior Cop .

Both the saleswoman & the Sales Manager were very helpful , they immediately arranged for a TD , well we had to TD a 1.2 Fire Active as the remaining vehicles were out on other TD's .

They took our contact info and silence for a week , then they called back courtesly and asked if we were going further with selecting anything in particular .

I played the tough customer and said that i cant make up my mind etc etc , they promptly replied that i can drop in any time and TD other vehicles if i may choose .

I pushed this task away for a fortnight and gave them a surprised drop in, still the same nice professional attitude , by now i was getting a feel good feeling . And i came to understand that their courtesy was genuine .

Once i selected on Punto MJD Emotion , they tried to convince me about Emotion Pack , but hearing to my concerns and wants agreed that for my needs & budget what i have picked Emotion was a good buy . no pushing .!

The sales process and the negotiations were a but sluggish , but nonetheless they were pretty frank and open & very very understanding .

They tried to conceal some of the benefits / discounts , but thanks to TBHP i had them cornered ..!

Paperwork : They explained to me the different finance schemes available from different banks and the benefits of that particular loan term .
but i went ahead with SBI car loan independently and when i was stuck and had doubts they offered me advice & help [ Couldn't find 100 Rs Stamp papers needed for loan documentation] even tough it was not a loan that they were processing . [ that was nice ]

PDI : I found fault with a lot of small things , Thanks to Fiat Q.C / Q.A Dept , and they promptly took me and the car to their service centre [ *** Special thanks to TBHP PDI check-list ] .
On my advice they put the car up on a ramp allowing me to check the underbody of the car , and they were very impressed with my " Little " knowledge about cars and asked me where i was working and as what ? they were very impressed when i told them that i came to know about most of these things from a web-forum a couple of them asked me what a forum was and i patiently explained to them what it was .

then they introduce me to the works manager who Patiently listened to all my concerns and looked at the check-list i had made them do for me.

24 hours later most of the small issues are fixed save a couple [ Fixing mud flaps ... ] as they were under sever pressure for a lot of deliveries , promised to fix the rest upon my next visit .

Upon my insistence they put down all the pending work to be done on a letter head and acknowledged the pending deliverables from their side .

Delivery : I am not that happy about this part for the following reasons .
They were late by 24 hours in their delivery .
Thanks to Diwali holidays looming they hurried up the process a bit .
They didnt explain the complete features of the car [ Pre Delivery Demo ] , but promised to do it on Tuesday or whenever i can drop in .
They didnt put up sun film as promised as it was diwali and it was late evening by the time delivery was due .

Post delivery : well i have to wait and see , will update this section soon .

Conclusion : I feel that my overall satisfaction is 7/10 , there were a lot of concerns also but on a whole this was a nice experience and the whole team there [ a very young one , avg age : 34 ] were vpretty professional and helpful .

P.S - they are into mods [ personally ] and a couple of employees have purchased Punto Active MJD and modded it like nice [ 16"" alloys , Alpine audio system etc etc .. ] and they even offered me to find good alloys for my Punto .
Old 19th October 2009, 16:36   #2
Senior - BHPian

Wow,thats nice - atleast one dealer kept on his promise delivered the vehicle to you on time. I was just reading other two cases (one in Kerala who booked similar vehicle on 1st sept and another member in kolkota booked the car but so far no sign of delivery).
So I feel that the delay is not from the company (fiat) but soley from the dealers.
Enjoy your driving and do post some photographs soon
Cheers
Old 20th October 2009, 14:50   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nairrk View Post
Wow,thats nice - atleast one dealer kept on his promise delivered the vehicle to you on time. I was just reading other two cases (one in Kerala who booked similar vehicle on 1st sept and another member in kolkota booked the car but so far no sign of delivery).
So I feel that the delay is not from the company (fiat) but soley from the dealers.
Enjoy your driving and do post some photographs soon
Cheers

I think so too , i seriously hope that both these people get their vehicles ASAP .!

BTW : Some pics of my Punto .
Attached Thumbnails
A class apart, or so it seems! -Urs Kar Services, Mysore-image0108.jpg  

Old 20th October 2009, 15:40   #4
Senior - BHPian

It seems you have parked the car near construction site?
(or just for photo purpose?)

Parking near construction site is not good as chances that cement spray will settle on the car - also careful about the baby metal lying near the car !
Old 20th October 2009, 15:49   #5
MCR
BHPian

Congrats on the purchase.

My Parents and sister had a pleasant experience at URS kar last saturday. My Father did take a test drive of the GP and he told me he was impressed. Sister and Mother wanted to go for Linea but was put off considering the parking problems in the city.

Now waiting to get back to India and take delivery.
Old 20th October 2009, 15:55   #6
BHPian

Wind Rider,

Congrats on the buy ! sorry not the buy , congrats for not facing any problems with the booking and delivery.

Wish you miles and miles of happy driving.

Hold your temptations of trying the TRICK TO GET THE SPEED OUT OF THE CAR FOR SOMETIME NOW :-)
Old 20th October 2009, 15:56   #7
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Windrider, good to know of the hassle-free purchase experience at Urs Kar!

Enjoy the Bold new drive!
Old 21st October 2009, 15:54   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nairrk View Post
It seems you have parked the car near construction site?
(or just for photo purpose?)

Parking near construction site is not good as chances that cement spray will settle on the car - also careful about the baby metal lying near the car !
HI Nair Rk :

Thats just outside the dealership , yes some construction going on , will never let it get sprayed by cement .! thanks for the advice . :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCR View Post
Congrats on the purchase.

My Parents and sister had a pleasant experience at URS kar last saturday. My Father did take a test drive of the GP and he told me he was impressed. Sister and Mother wanted to go for Linea but was put off considering the parking problems in the city.

Now waiting to get back to India and take delivery.
Kool , i was taking delivery of my car on saturday . they had wheeled in the Manza @ about 4:30 PM .

Go Go Grande Punto .!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nandans2005 View Post
Wind Rider,

Congrats on the buy ! sorry not the buy , congrats for not facing any problems with the booking and delivery.

Wish you miles and miles of happy driving.

Hold your temptations of trying the TRICK TO GET THE SPEED OUT OF THE CAR FOR SOMETIME NOW :-)
@ Nandans , yes you can say that again .!
And tempted to rev her up but just controlling my urges for now.!

Quote:
Originally Posted by finneyp View Post
Congrats Windrider, good to know of the hassle-free purchase experience at Urs Kar!

Enjoy the Bold new drive!
It sure is Bold , every one thinks so .
and i know so .
Old 27th October 2009, 16:38   #9
BHPian

Congrats Wind_Rider on your fabulous Punto.
Urs Cars had a notorious reputation when they were the daewoo dealers in mysore. They were not all that good even with the Tata dealership.
But off late, with the Fiat, the younger generation of the previous owners, have been working very hard to change that.
I did drop into their dealership some time back when they were about to close down for the week ( It was sat night). They patiently explained to me all the features of the Punto and even offered to send the test drive car home the next day. Since i was going out of town the next day, couldn't take the test drive. Overall, i was very impressed with the Sales centre experience.
I just hope the Service Centre is equally good, if not better.

PS: I have seen one red punto with really large wheels once outside their centre. It was parked right next to the test drive car. Could be one of their employees's car.

Last edited by naveenvenkatesh : 27th October 2009 at 16:41.
Old 7th November 2009, 12:31   #10
MCR
BHPian

Urskar have been excellent. Have answered all my queries satisfactorily. The red car with large alloys belongs to one of the URS kar employees.
By the way a picture of my car.
Attached Thumbnails
A class apart, or so it seems! -Urs Kar Services, Mysore-punto.jpg  

Old 9th November 2009, 12:15   #11
BHPian

MCS, Great car. Nice picture.Congrats. I somehow feel Punto looks very elegant in Grey and Silver.
Also, did you manage to take some pics of that Red Punto with large wheels? It would be great if you can post it here.
Enjoy your ride!
Old 22nd February 2010, 08:43   #12
MCR
BHPian

Fire at Storage yard.

There was a major fire in the storage yard of URS KAR yesterday. 53 new Cars were gutted.

Mysore: 53 cars gutted in fire at a Tata showroom-News-Videos-The Times of India

50 new cars gutted in Mysore blaze - Mysore - City - The Times of India

Very heart breaking.
Old 22nd February 2010, 09:01   #13
Senior - BHPian

We were the first ones to buy Matiz from them in the year 2000 when the car was launched from their yard. They are really genuine in their love. Sorry to hear that yesterday there was a big fire in their stockyard. All the news channel flashed it and showed all Indicas, Vista's etc on fire. The loss was estomated to 5 crores.
Old 22nd February 2010, 09:17   #14
BHPian

It was very sad and shocking to see those beautiful cars completely burnt. Transformer burst is said to be the cause of the Fire accident (Source:Newspapers).

Last edited by mnhegde : 22nd February 2010 at 09:19.
Old 23rd February 2010, 12:37   #15
BHPian

Really sad to see so many brand new cars burnt down like this. I hope the insurance covers this!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks