Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th October 2009, 16:06   #1
BHPian

Tata Service Center in Chennai?

K R S CAR CAREChennai78, POONAMALLI HIGH ROAD Maduravayal

Anyone used these guys and can rate them, just curious as they have opened a service centre nearby my place here in Goa and they probably couldn't be worse than what we already have so i'm hoping for better as my vehicle is due for it's 2nd service.

Please post any opinions.

Regards,

Stefan
Old 29th October 2009, 16:19   #2
BHPian

These guys were originally a part of MyTVS chain of garages and they were dropped by them rather publicly. Never had any first hand experience with them though, its worth checking what transpired between MyTVS and them before you try them.
Old 29th October 2009, 16:22   #3
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations, Stefan and Goa!
KRS Car care is owned and run by a personal friend of mine. Mr. Ramesh has been in the business for 14 years and is just TASC for all those years.
If you go there and meet him, tell him 'Mahendra' from Chennai sent you.

Quote:
These guys were originally a part of MyTVS chain of garages and they were dropped by them rather publicly. Never had any first hand experience with them though, its worth checking what transpired between MyTVS and them before you try them.
I've known them since 2001. I don't remember them being a MyTVS garage.

Last edited by nitrous : 29th October 2009 at 16:25.
Old 29th October 2009, 16:49   #4
BHPian

Thanks Nitrous, i spoke with Ramesh earlier, sounds promising, will pay him a visit tomorrow

Cheers,

Stefan
Old 29th October 2009, 20:01   #5
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

One of the oldest (in age) members in the Yahoo Tata Indica User group had only good things to say about KRS, Chennai.
Old 2nd November 2009, 20:44   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous View Post
Congratulations, Stefan and Goa!
KRS Car care is owned and run by a personal friend of mine. Mr. Ramesh has been in the business for 14 years and is just TASC for all those years.
If you go there and meet him, tell him 'Mahendra' from Chennai sent you.

Ok, i met Mr Ramesh today, I was extremely impressed by his attitude and knowledge, he has done many fabrications and I was speaking to him for well over an hour, i'm very confident that we now have an efficient Tata service centre in Goa, although he's not fully set up as yet, i feel comfortable leaving my vehicle with his guys. He couldn't picture you though nitrous, maybe because he's so busy trying to organise the workshop. He also showed some pics of his workshop and bodyshop in Chennai, pretty impressive stuff

Mods, can we change the title of this thread to: New TASS in Goa (J.K.R.S Car Care)
stefanm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th August 2011, 21:46   #7
BHPian

re: Tata Service Center in Chennai?

Hi all,

Well I have heard of this JKRS center in Goa but I wanted to know how reliable and good place is this?, Well as stefanm said before the original authorised TASS is a pain and the least that I say about them, is better.

So my safari's free services are over so I'd like to know (especially from stefanm if you have used their services) are they capable of servicing a Tata safari and how good are they i.e. how fast are they capable to solve niggles?, availability of spares with them?, capability to solve issues and give a proper yearly service?Also can anybody pinpoint me the exact location where this service center is present?
Old 26th February 2012, 20:21   #8
Senior - BHPian

I'll need a good place to get my indica a makeover ( suspension + minor painting + an in depth mechanical checkup), as I'm relocating to chennai for the medium term from Orissa. My friends have had a good experience with ignite, but would prefer someone who knows their indicas.

Is KRS the best place to go?
Old 27th February 2012, 14:50   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
I'll need a good place to get my indica a makeover ( suspension + minor painting + an in depth mechanical checkup), as I'm relocating to chennai for the medium term from Orissa. My friends have had a good experience with ignite, but would prefer someone who knows their indicas.

Is KRS the best place to go?
Would still suggest Ignite. Raghav of Ignite was able to fix some key mechanical issues on my friends Indica which many of the official service centers in Chennai could not fix for years.
Old 21st May 2012, 22:17   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by stefanm View Post
Ok, i met Mr Ramesh today, I was extremely impressed by his attitude and knowledge, he has done many fabrications and I was speaking to him for well over an hour, i'm very confident that we now have an efficient Tata service centre in Goa, although he's not fully set up as yet, i feel comfortable leaving my vehicle with his guys. He couldn't picture you though nitrous, maybe because he's so busy trying to organise the workshop. He also showed some pics of his workshop and bodyshop in Chennai, pretty impressive stuff

Mods, can we change the title of this thread to: New TASS in Goa (J.K.R.S Car Care)
Pulling up an old thread.

Did you visit this place? Kindly share your experience, as I am planning to go there with a colleague's Safari sometime soon, due to horrible experiences at the Arlem TASC Workshop. Awaiting your reply.
Old 22nd May 2012, 15:06   #11
BHPian

Yeah i used to service there regularly, was happy with the service, I sold the Safari a year back, too many interior parts kept falling off!
Old 6th September 2012, 18:48   #12
Senior - BHPian

I went to Ignite, but they said that they do only the engine related stuff, and asked me to go to a TASC to get one of my door sensors replaced, and an AC mechanic for a bearing issue.

Back to square one, need to find a good TASS.
Old 28th November 2017, 23:38   #13
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tata Service Center in Chennai?

heh, strange way to find myself back in this thread. After two workshops, i had finally settled down on a mytvs, but needed some work done on my turbocharger, and i ended up back at KRS. Spoke to Mr Ramesh on the phone, and ended up handing over my turbo to his staff. Let's see how things turn out.

BTW, for folks looking for a decent TASC, Sifa is supposedly good, but am yet to try them out
greenhorn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th December 2017, 14:57   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
heh, strange way to find myself back in this thread. After two workshops, i had finally settled down on a mytvs, but needed some work done on my turbocharger, and i ended up back at KRS. Spoke to Mr Ramesh on the phone, and ended up handing over my turbo to his staff. Let's see how things turn out.
How much has your car done so far, Greenhorn? Mine was a 2006 model which I sold in 2011 and had done 1.65L kms. I picked up the Vista after that and have done 1.23L kms on it so far.
Old 4th December 2017, 17:34   #15
Senior - BHPian

I crossed 100K last month, car is now in for what is essentially a renovation, 40K estimated so far, and some more body work pending
Workshop wants to close it, but I want them to close all open issues, and will not pay until they are all closed - I have a friend's car for the time being

Last edited by greenhorn : 4th December 2017 at 17:36.
greenhorn is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks