Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th November 2009, 10:48   #16
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Hi guys,

I had exactly keyed whatever i was told by the dealer (no misunderstanding here). It was an eye opener for me and i thought it would be the same for many others here.

Changing the manufactured date to 2010 in the RC book is illegal, but did not sound impossible. I am sure there are many cars in the past which have been registered in this way. There may not be many of us who, when buying a second hand car take the effort to decode the VIN of the car, but just go by the RC book.

Insurance is not an issue at all. Now-a-days with so much competition, insurance companies would do anything to get some business.

My friend has already given his swift for registration and hence there is no risk whatsoever for him.

Last edited by MAS : 5th November 2009 at 10:49.
Old 5th November 2009, 10:48   #17
Senior - BHPian

Temporary registration will be valid only for a limited period (in kerala, it is 7 days).
Then you are running the car without Insurance (if you have to take the insurance, then need year of manufacturing, engine no.,chasis no. etc) which is very very danger. Also RTO definitely need the car to be present for inspection, prior registering it. so many risks involved. The dealer may get out of it, when some problem occurs but owner cannot escape. If one need 2010 car, then wait till 2010.?
Be careful
Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks