Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th November 2009, 01:37   #1
Senior - BHPian

Honda City ZX Gxi service experience (TVS Madurai service)

I own a 2008 Honda City ZX Gxi bought in Sept. 2008 from T V Sundram Iyengar & Sons Limited, Madurai.
For the first service, I was at Bangalore and gave it at Whitefield Honda. I understand it was a free inspection service but they didn't even wash the car properly. The interiors had not been cleaned.
Second service was at Chennai, Capital Honda and I was very impressed by the quality of work done.
The third service was done at Tirunelveli by my in-laws as I had borrowed their Ford fusion for some rural Karnataka drives. Details not known.
Fourth service was again at Tirunelveli. It is a service camp conducted by T V Sundram Iyengar & Sons Limited, Madurai. The only thing they do is an oil change. Even for water wash I was referred to a nearby workshop. And I did the wheel balancing privately.
As my 20K service experience was very poor, I gave the car to service at Capitol Honda at 23K and asked him to do the periodic maintenance. That was the start of my problems. The tires had been rotated and now there was a rolling noise at all speeds. I took the car back the next day and after a test drive was told that the noise was due to feather edging which manifested after tire rotation. He did another rotation and wheel balancing and alignment again (for which I was charged). The noise improved slightly . I also noticed that the alloys were scratched. With nothing further to do I took delivery of the car. But my driving was miserable. The car was uncontrollable at speeds above 120 Kph ( Previously I was comfortable even at 160 Kph). And my wife was complaining about the tire noise.
I then took the car to a tire shop in Tirunelveli. On inspection, My tires had bald patches and were in pretty bad state. He also did another wheel balancing as the Capitol Honda guys had added 400 gm to one of the wheels which he said was absurd.
Now at 30K I drove 200 km to Madurai for the service and was impressed by the service. It is a small station but the guys are great. When I said I'm going out for a look around, the service advisor offered me his own bike. The replaced the oil with Synthetic oil, did an underbody treatment, interior cleaning and the bill came to ~8K. Slightly on the expensive side as labour was >2K, but the car feels like new. Except for the tires.
I guess everyone has to experiment around to find the best place for themselves and their cars. I was very happy with the routine service at Capitol Honda until they messed my car. Now I think I'm going to be happy with T V Sundram Iyengar & Sons Limited, Madurai.
Only time will tell.
Regarding my tire dilemma, I guess I'll post in the tire section.
For now enjoying my in-laws ford fusion.
Old 7th November 2009, 02:31   #2
Senior - BHPian

Moderator GTO please note that I have reviewed the TVS Madurai service. Sorry for the ambiguity.
Kindly modify the title from 'Honda city ZX Gxi service experience (Whitefield Honda)' to 'Honda city ZX Gxi service experience (T V Sundram Iyengar & Sons Limited, Madurai)'.
Thank you.
Old 7th November 2009, 20:52   #3
BHPian

Hey wilds,

i see that you have mentioned that you travelled to Madurai for service, is it only for service that you travelled?

aren't there any service centres in KOVAI ?? as i know Kovai is a very nice place with good infrastructure. I personally worked in kovai for an year and fell in love with the people and the place.
Old 8th November 2009, 07:23   #4
Senior - BHPian

Travel a lot

Actually I traveled from Tirunelveli to Madurai. I've heard good about the Coimbatore service. Should try it someday. Trouble is I give my car for service only when I'm free and in Coimbatore, I'm 'All work and no play'.
Old 8th November 2009, 19:58   #5
BHPian

Hey,

You need not be free to get your car serviced.Honda offers pick and drop facility of the car at a cost.Its worth using this facility when you are not free.
Old 8th November 2009, 21:23   #6
Senior - BHPian

Honda pick up and drop

Yup, I know about the service. But is limited to 5 cars a day. Also they don't provide a loaner like MASS do, so I need to be free from commitments.
Old 9th November 2009, 15:24   #7
BHPian

all i can say is " where there is will , there is a way"
Old 11th November 2009, 01:15   #8
Senior - BHPian

nandans2005, Did I forget to mention that I love to drive and the opportunity to zoom down the super highways down south beckons me. Plus I get to visit family.
Old 11th May 2010, 00:08   #9
Senior - BHPian

Due for my 40K service. Planning a tyre upgrade too. Will post details.
Old 2nd June 2010, 00:40   #10
Senior - BHPian

45K and still not done my 40K service. Think i'll send my driver. Car's in Tirunelveli. Am in Bangalore. driving my Alto Lxi.
Old 5th June 2014, 20:30   #11
Senior - BHPian

Re: Honda City ZX Gxi service experience (TVS Madurai service)

Sorry to bump this thread.
The wheel well cladding of driver side wheel has fallen off. Where can I get spares? The engine cladding was previously damaged.
Anyone else still owning this car?
Old 26th October 2014, 19:41   #12
Senior - BHPian

Question 2008 New Honda City ZX GXi 95k/ 6 years - finding love again.

I had a Carbon Bronze Pearl 2008 New Honda City ZX GXi which I used extensively until 2010, when I bought a diesel Ford Figo. I had driven 60 k Kms till then with no major issue.
Come 06/2011, I had to shift to Chennai and hated driving there. City was given to my wife and I drove the Figo exclusively. The car took a lot of battering and had dents and scratches in all panels. Noises everywhere, squeaking clutch and steering, bad brakes, loose bumpers, etc. Sent the car to Capital Honda for all work and 90k service. They had the car for 3 months as lot of parts had to be procured and finally took back the car with some pending jobs.
We shifted back to Bangalore in 07/2014. I was very keen to sell the Figo and buy a new Safari Storme Ex. Here I rediscovered the City and all the reasons I loved it so much.

It is really comfortable to drive in Bangalore traffic.
Acres of space and big boot.
No fancy gadgets to fiddle around with.

Pending items are-

Right fender indicator clamp broken
Dent in left rear bumper
Right ORVM not electrically adjustable - have paid for a new ORVM and waiting delivery from Capital Honda
Left front fender bent
Fuel gauge not working- more details down
Driver door rattle
Squeaking clutch and steering
? Dent in the right rear passenger floor
? A/C duct issue

Now about the fuel gauge, on the 2nd day of driving the car,(wife and kids gone for hols), it just stopped in the middle of the road, thankfully near home. The fuel gauge showed >25% fuel. Worried that it would be a major problem I pushed the car into home and called wife. She told me to fuel up and after buying 2 L of petrol and filling it, the car started normally. Even the low fuel warning light never came on. I went and filled up the tank and it took only 32 L of fuel. The gauge showed 2/3 full. But visually the tank was full. Wife assures me that the gauge was normal till she left. Today after driving 132 Kms, gauge showed 1/3 full and went to fill up in a different Shell bunk, again same story. Needle refuses to go above 2/3. What could be the problem? There was a topic about the All New Honda City with similar issue following a rat chewed wire.
Another piece of advice I require. The ORVM and door locks should be delivered to me from Capital Honda sometime next week. I live in North Bangalore- Vidyaranyapura. Where should I get it fixed? And where do I do my regular work? Is there any FNG which anyone can recommend? Or should I try Magnum Honda which is 7 Kms away? Considering the age of the car and frequent niggles, I'd prefer a FNG who can attend personally and do a good job.
I also plan to do a thorough interior and exterior clean up job at 3M in MSR Nagar. Anybody have a good experience there? Or other recommendations?

Can anyone who has this car check and let me know 2 things:
1. Is the floor in right passenger side flat or is there a longitudinal elevation ?
2. A/C in any mode still leaks air from the side vents. Only the centre vents are closed in window or foot mode.
Old 8th November 2014, 21:48   #13
Senior - BHPian

Re: Honda City ZX Gxi service experience (TVS Madurai service)

Did my 95k service at Magnum Honda. SA was very courteous.
Cost break-up:
Battery test - 124
Blower motor cleaning - 84
Service - 1022
Oil - 1292
Windscreen fluid - 71
Clutch pedal check - free
Consumable - 329
Steering alignment - free - still not rectified
Driver door rattle - free - still not rectified
Fuel gauge strainer - 1247. Replacement at 80k service was apparently done badly causing my fuel gauge problems
Right fender indicator - broken by Capital Honda - 267
Front brake pad replacement - 4782

Total - INR9215

Recommended to replace rear wheel bearing at a cost of 8k next service. And change 2 rear tires.

What can I do to rejuvenate the rubber beading in the roof and below the windscreen?
wildsdi5530 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks