Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th November 2009, 17:39   #16
BHPian

in my opinion and most us know that ford too is expensive on maintenance and spares. The dealer may or may not add fuel to fire.

Everybody are given an estimate , when the car is taken in for service or repair. If the estimate is on the high, will we not get it serviced or repaired.
Old 19th November 2009, 18:51   #17
Senior - BHPian

Out brand new 800 (back in 97) had a bill of 5000 for it's 1st paid service.
Vowed never to get it serviced again from MASS always got it done from private petrol stations and local garages.
Old 19th November 2009, 21:17   #18
Senior - BHPian

5 K for 1st paid service, that too in '97
Old 19th November 2009, 21:56   #19
BHPian

My suggestion is understand the vehicle requirement, and do only the required service. Engine Flush, AC nuetralisation etc are not at all mandatory

Quote:
Originally Posted by ash_blore View Post
My accent is due for a service. Where can I find this Bosh service center? Also any reviews of "Fast Cars" service in bangalore?
Fast Cars at Bannerghatta Road is my regular service station, and so far I had only good experience with them. PM me if you need any contact there

Thanks
Rajesh
Old 19th November 2009, 22:04   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp1975 View Post
5 K for 1st paid service, that too in '97
Around 2000 bucks were spent in getting a engine anti-rust treatment which some sweet talking SA got us to go for it.Still 3000 for routine service was way too much.I remember the MASS (sai service) had charged 10 bucks just for removing and refitting the wheel caps.
Old 20th November 2009, 10:30   #21
BHPian

Quote:

The car is due back today. Once I get it I will post feedback on the service and also detailed bill break up for reference.

I am attaching the detailed bill . PLease let me know if the parts and labor costs are in line or excessive.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf hyundai_service.pdf (149.9 KB, 566 views)
Old 20th November 2009, 10:38   #22
BHPian

hey ash,

as usual i can only say its expensive, Hyundai man !

I feel the labour charges are high.

tell me onething, is Brake Disc Facing recomended ? I doubt this so .
Old 20th November 2009, 10:46   #23
Senior - BHPian

I give my cars at Hyundai Dealerships always - BUT make sure that he does not charge me for extras - they always do - decarbonizing, wheel alignment when not required etc etc.

You have to be smart enough to know what the car requires.

Last edited by vkochar : 20th November 2009 at 10:49.
Old 20th November 2009, 12:35   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nandans2005 View Post
hey ash,

as usual i can only say its expensive, Hyundai man !

I feel the labour charges are high.

tell me onething, is Brake Disc Facing recomended ? I doubt this so .
Well I saw the rotor and it had uneven wear and I could feel it with my fingers. So definitely needed to be done. It was either taht or buy a new rotor.

@vkochar
I tried getting my brakes repaired at hyundai *** but they kept telling that the brakes were fine! They didnt even bother to test drive!

Last edited by ash_blore : 20th November 2009 at 12:42.
Old 14th January 2010, 20:21   #25
Senior - BHPian

I had a similar experience with my 2001 Santro at Trident. Did not have much complaints except some rattles and squeaks from the suspensions. The total bill turned out to be nearly 10k. They claim to have changed many things including brake cylinder, padsetc in addition to the regular servicing charges fir shampoo, wheel alignment/balancing etc. They also replaced a headlamp bulb which I never knew was fused. After all this when the car was delivered, the rattles remain the headlamp is not working. QAnd they still claim there are some issues with exhaust pipe and it is not fixed yet because the part was not available. He must have kept it for my next visit!

Had bad experience with the same folks last time with respect to quality of washing. This time its different. Request Hyundai owners in Bangalore to be beware of these "rippers". If your car is past its warranty period, get it serviced outside, dont even go near these folks. I had earlier decided not to go for a new i20 just because of my bad experience with these guys.
Old 14th January 2010, 20:22   #26
Senior - BHPian

I had a similar experience with my 2001 Santro at Trident. Did not have much complaints except some rattles and squeaks from the suspensions. The total bill turned out to be nearly 10k. They claim to have changed many things including brake cylinder, pads etc in addition to the regular servicing charges for shampoo, wheel alignment/balancing etc. They also replaced a headlamp bulb which I never knew was fused. After all this when the car was delivered, the rattles remain, and one headlamp not working. And they still claim there are some issues with exhaust pipe and it is not fixed yet because the part was not available. He must have kept it for my next visit!

Had bad experience with the same folks last time with respect to quality of washing. This time its different. Request Hyundai owners in Bangalore to be beware of these "rippers". If your car is past its warranty period, get it serviced outside, dont even go near these folks. I had earlier decided not to go for a new i20 just because of my bad experience with these guys.

Last edited by vasoo : 14th January 2010 at 20:23.
Old 14th January 2010, 21:14   #27
BHPian

I own a Hyundai Zing june 2003 Model . Its 6 years old and i had hardly used this car for the first 3 years .

I go for 6 months service and everytime there is a minimum 3.5K + Bills .

Hyundai guys call on phone once the car is in and say this is gone bad , 750 Rs + or some thing of that sort .

I am planning to stop taking my vehicle to Hyundai Authorized service center in Trident shop on Kankpura road .

Its time we need to try Bosch service center ....

Yes even i decided no more Hyundai cars , service wise they are the most expensive ones in the small car segment.....

Last edited by Ranga : 14th January 2010 at 21:16.
Old 15th January 2010, 11:08   #28
BHPian

I think it is better to go with extended warranty these days which is there till 5 years to cover up many issues. Usually Hyundai come out with 20% offer every year mostly in July to Aug period.

Better to stand in front of them when the car is getting serviced may be till oil,coolant,battery water topup, windshield water topup, brake shoe lubrication, wheel alignment(if opted), air filter cleaning and cleaning(shampoo) of the car. This whole activity take not more than 2 hrs. You will get your chassis tighten and inspect the body from the bottom for any rust and holes when the car is raised for oil change etc

I always do it for my Getz which I give to Trident. They do it willingly in front of me now earlier they were not comfortable. Best is to be little early may be 1st or 2nd customer so that they have to start their work with your car.

You will have a good time to chat with the mechanics in doing that. They will give a good feedback for you car and in turn increase your knowledge of the car
It is worth spending 2 hrs in six to seven months
Old 15th January 2010, 11:59   #29
BHPian

Hyundai service is always expensive in my view especially the spareparts.We used to give our Accent CRDi here in Popular hyundai..They used to charge always high for the spare parts and labour.We've stopped the service there and giving it to a local mechanics now which caters all kind of cars.We are so satisfied with the service here.After the warranty and free service i would advice all hyundai owners to find a good service station rather than the authorised, expensive , Hyundai service stations.
Old 15th January 2010, 12:20   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raju_kb98 View Post
Hi

I am the owner of a 2004 make Hyundai Santro. I have been very happy with the car all these years, but have always had the niggling doubt that Hyundai service is expensive and adds on stuff that is not required.

The bill for a regular service came to almost Rs. 5000. This included two belt changes that accounted for INR 1500, but even without it, service cost INR 3500. Also, the service advisors always through in some expensive additions: Engine oil additive, AC vent cleaning etc. He even tried to get me to do engine decarbonizing, pretending that it is part of 45000 km service. On the whole, Hyundai seems to be out to make as much money as possible through its service centers.

Are there any non-dealer service centers for Hyundai, like the Maruti authorized service centers? Also what would be the impact of getting a 45000K + Santro serviced at non-authorized service centers? I am sure there are enough local garages that can service a santro, and my car's warranty period is long over. Any thoughts from knowledgable BHPians?
Quote:
I am attaching the detailed bill . PLease let me know if the parts and labor costs are in line or excessive.

Hi Raju and Ash,

I own an Accent CRDi. The SA's tried the same with me in the first couple of visits and my answer was a stern no. Infact I also provide them with raw materials like engine oil and other consumables.

Once when they tried to sell me engine decarbonizing and hell broke loose. I always get my wheel alignment done outside the service centres. Without informing they went ahead and did wheel alignment and rotation. And when I took the car for the spin before delivery I realized right away the wheel alignment was messed up as the car pulled to the right. Guess what the SA started shitting bricks and it was resolved by taking the car to the Tyre Centre that I go to to fix alignment at their cost.

I always never sign the piece of paper when I leave the car for service and till things are done to my satisfaction it will not be signed. No two ways about it.

Now people take personal care when my car goes in for service as they know what is in store when things go wrong. (Infact only 2 SA's dare to take my care and these guys are honest individuals that I will trust my ride)

So it all about being assertive but at the same time being friendly. Effectively people should recognize you as a no-nonsense guy.

But other than those 2 incidents my experience has been an excellent one.

I guess they take time in profiling their customers.

With Hyundai some how I still believe customer

Cheers

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks