Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th November 2009, 19:44   #1
Senior - BHPian

Wagon R Vxi delivery period 4 months(Sk wheel,Navi mumbai)

Hi guys,
A colleague of mine booked a wagon R VXi from SK wheels Navi mumbai a month ago.He was promised delivery
within 15 days but a month passed away with the dealer giving up excuses like there is a strike at MSIL
and the delivery will be delayed.

Also my colleague had applied for loan which was disbursed by the bank to the dealer.Now the delaer is saying that there is a waiting for 4 months for the delivery of the same as there seems to be problem
a MSIL end in delivering the car.The dealer also said they could try and get him a car of a different color(black, he had booked brick red) if possible or could opt for the duo which somehome is available with them.

My colleague inquired about the problem on Maruti's helpline and was told that there is no such issue in deleivering.He also has registered a complaint with the same.Considering the loan was disubursed by the bank what options does my colleague has in case he cancels the booking with the dealer.
do you guys think that my colleague is being taken for a ride.
thanks
Old 11th November 2009, 10:26   #2
Senior - BHPian

hello folks,
yes i know there are typos in my post above , apologies for that but i need atleast some suggestions.
thanks
Old 11th November 2009, 10:32   #3
Senior - BHPian

1) I am not aware of loan and related problems, but can tell you that there is no such issue in delivery of Wagon R. Wagon R is generally available within a month.

2) The only way to end this problem is to talk with dealer. Go to dealer when there is maximum crowd. Create a huge issue with raised voice. Sometimes dealers are as bad to deal with as politicians. You have to act tough with them, and as they have stepped over the line, you have to rough too.
Old 11th November 2009, 10:45   #4
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeethaldankar View Post
Hi guys,
A colleague of mine booked a wagon R VXi from SK wheels Navi mumbai a month ago.He was promised delivery
within 15 days but a month passed away with the dealer giving up excuses like there is a strike at MSIL
and the delivery will be delayed.
AFAIK, WagonR is readily available at most of the dealers! Well, in kerala, i saw ads for 25k discounts and ready delivery of WagonR!

The dealer seems to be making up stuff, as confirmed by MSIL.
Quote:
The dealer also said they could try and get him a car of a different color(black, he had booked brick red) if possible or could opt for the duo which somehome is available with them.
Seems to me like the dealer is trying to push the stock already available with him! WagonR VXi models are ordered rarely (most of the cars i see are either LXi or Duo!), and he might be stuck with some colours!
Quote:
Considering the loan was disubursed by the bank what options does my colleague has in case he cancels the booking with the dealer.
do you guys think that my colleague is being taken for a ride.
thanks
Don't know about the history of this particular dealer, mumbai guys can confirm that. Dont limit to complainting over phone, ask your friend to register a written complaint with Maruti Suzuki. They take customer relationship very seriously!

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 11th November 2009 at 10:51.
Old 11th November 2009, 14:57   #5
Senior - BHPian

It is sure that the dealer is trying his trick with your friend to take whatever colour available in stock with him.
Now it is upto you/your friend whether to continue waiting with this dealer or just cancell the booking and go to some one else(because reports are that Wagon R are readily available and no waiting as such).

The dealer promised delivery within 15 days - did he mention this in the booking form?

Regarding loan disbursed to dealer - You can write a letter (send by email as well as fax and then forward hard copy by courier) to the bank requesting them to take back the amount from the dealer as you have cancelled the booking since they are not able to deliver a car as promised. Bank can keep the amount with them (only thing is that you continue paying interest which at the end you can argue to waive since you have not used or avalied the amount)
Cheers
Old 11th November 2009, 18:10   #6
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Find another dealer - It's that simple. There is no dearth of Maruti dealers in this area. Else your friend will be paying EMIs on a car he still hasn't got delivery of.
Old 11th November 2009, 20:58   #7
Senior - BHPian

Hi guys,
thanks for you replies.The update is my friend called up Automotive (Navi mumbai) and they are also saying 2-3 months for the same.He has written to the bank to which he had applied for the loan and is awaiting reply.

If the bank confirms that it is possible to claim the amount from the dealer he would be cancelling the booking and go for a i-10 instead.
Old 12th November 2009, 11:07   #8
Senior - BHPian

The Bank should take back the funds from the dealer.

Normally the bank should release the payment to dealer only when the car is ready for delivery and not 2/3 months in advance. It is becuase of some understanding between them(dealer/bank) the payment released quickly to favour the dealer. Why should you pay interest for a loan which was availed for the car but you dont have the car and you will not see it for another 3 months time? Bank is not going to lose anything because you are not cancelling the loan instead you are cancelling the present booking and you will go for another car and loan amount can then disbursed to the new dealer.
So take it properly to see that the bank act fast and call back the money from the dealer.
Old 12th November 2009, 11:13   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Hi guys,
thanks for you replies.The update is my friend called up Automotive (Navi mumbai) and they are also saying 2-3 months for the same.He has written to the bank to which he had applied for the loan and is awaiting reply.

If the bank confirms that it is possible to claim the amount from the dealer he would be cancelling the booking and go for a i-10 instead.
2-3 months ? !!
U sure its a Wagon R right ?

Try some Mumbai dealers na. Have heard good things about Autovista.
They all have their stockyards outside the city limits anyways.
Old 17th November 2009, 21:14   #10
Senior - BHPian

Hi,
a update on the situation.My friend went to the dealer and created a lot of noise.The result he got a apology letter from Maruti and also has been promised the delivery of the car by the end of this month.

Keeping fingers crossed and hoping for the best.And yes the dealer is still saying all new bookings will have to wait 3-4 months for the Wagon R.
Let's see what happens.
Old 29th December 2009, 22:27   #11
Senior - BHPian

Hi,
my friend got the delivery of the car around a couple of weeks ago.Mods
can close the thread if they want to.

Thanks
Old 29th December 2009, 22:33   #12
BHPian

Is it anything to do with the New Wagon-R getting launched in March, two months from now? May be MSIL stopped production of current Wagon-R Vxi to make way for the new Wagon-R.

Try contacting officials at Maruti to get the exact details.

Last edited by ravi@64bhp : 29th December 2009 at 22:34.
Old 30th December 2009, 09:29   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravi@64bhp View Post
Is it anything to do with the New Wagon-R getting launched in March, two months from now? May be MSIL stopped production of current Wagon-R Vxi to make way for the new Wagon-R.

Try contacting officials at Maruti to get the exact details.
Hi Ravi,
car has been delievered after my friend made a lot of noise at the dealership.I am quite sure this happened because of the upcoming launch of the new Wagon R model.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks