Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th November 2009, 16:19   #1
Senior - BHPian

Rishabh Hyundai Service - Delhi

Dear BHPians
Finally, I'm all praises for a service center in the first go. Rishabh Hyundai, the month old Hyundai dealer in Okhla Phase-1 (Service Center and Hyundai Pre-Owned cars housed in the same premises) was chosen over Samara and MGF for denting and painting work on my i20. A DTC bus bruised against the car and the result was a cluster of dents behind the rear door on driver side and loss of paint on the rear bumper.

Rishabh Hyundai's Bodyshop manager was very affirmative and confident on restoring the damaged parts and making them next best to the original, which he proved. The re-painting was carried on quarter of the rear bumper and a portion of the damaged body and a dent to the tune of Rs.4,200 was made to my wallet. The car was submitted on Saturday noon and delivered on Sunday evening as promised in the presence of the Bodyshop Manager. The reason why I'm emphasizing the Bodyshop Manager was his concern for us as a customer and keeping us updated without delay.

The workshop is huge, with Washing and Dry Cleaning facilities on the Ground Level, Service in the lower Ground level and Bodyshop & Paintshop at the terrace. I hope they deliver the same experience everytime Xing and i20 visit them for service and I recommend it to Hyundians in South Delhi.

Attaching the pic of the damaged area of i20 and will upload the post-restoration pic(s) soon.

Thanks
Regards
Tanveer Singh
Attached Thumbnails
Rishabh Hyundai Service - Delhi-12112009350.jpg  

Old 17th November 2009, 16:30   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

Did you pay from your pocket? if yes, Did you negotiate for the denting and painting job?

Hyundai most probably has the best Aftersales support. Nice to see another satisfied fellow Hyundai owner.
Old 17th November 2009, 16:59   #3
Senior - BHPian

Yes, I paid without taking the claim. Negotiations were not beneficial as all workshops have standard rates.
Old 17th November 2009, 17:03   #4
Senior - BHPian

good to hear your car back to what she looked.Do share its picture after the denting and painting work done.Yes rates are fixed but labour charges are negotiable.
Old 17th November 2009, 17:33   #5
Senior - BHPian

rubbing compound would have taken care of all the green paint at virtually no cost

the dents - that's upto you
Old 17th November 2009, 17:46   #6
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
rubbing compound would have taken care of all the green paint at virtually no cost

But still the dent and the peeled paint on the bumper would have looked bad on a new car. I think it was a wise decision to get it dented and painted properly.
Old 17th November 2009, 21:28   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post

Greenhorn, me and my brother removed the green paint ourselves. We first used 3M Liquid Wax (the black bottle) and 90% of the paint was gone, for the rest 10% we used 3M's Finesse Rubbing Compound. Fortunately, there was no loss of paint on the body. The body's paint was intact post wax and rubbing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijaythacker View Post
good to hear your car back to what she looked.Do share its picture after the denting and painting work done.Yes rates are fixed but labour charges are negotiable.
Thanks Vijay. I'll be asking my brother to get the pics clicked tomorrow. He was the one who actually dealt while submitting the car; he said all charges were fixed with minor variations among MGF, Samara and Rishabh's charges.

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
But still the dent and the peeled paint on the bumper would have looked bad on a new car. I think it was a wise decision to get it dented and painted properly.
Thanks, Rishabh was chosen over MGF and Samara for two reasons: First, my re-painting debacle with MGF although it was corrected later and secondly, Samara's representative was not confident and convincing. Rishabh's Manager Mr. Yogesh was confident on restoring it in a span of 2 days and this made us chose Rishabh over others.
Old 17th November 2009, 23:11   #8
BHPian

where is rishab hyundai ??? post new pics asap.
Old 18th November 2009, 14:49   #9
Senior - BHPian

Jaspreet, Rishabh Hyundai's Address:
B-225, Okhla Phase-1, New Delhi (100 meters from Police Station)
http://www.rishabhhyundai.co.in

I'll upload the pics in the evening, the car is not at home right now.
Old 20th November 2009, 21:56   #10
Senior - BHPian

First of all my sincere apologies for delay in uploading the pics. The wait is over and the pics are here.

Each picture has 2 parts, first (left) part showing the Non-Accidental side for comparing it to the second (right) part showcasing the repaired part.

For me this is one of the best treatment the car could have enjoyed. Repair from Non-Hyundai centers was surely on mind considering the lower charges but accountability and ability to handle such a repair was the prime consideration, hence Hyundai Authorised Center was chosen.

The colour difference is purely on account of lighting conditions, the job has been executed well.
Attached Thumbnails
Rishabh Hyundai Service - Delhi-i20wheel.jpg  

Rishabh Hyundai Service - Delhi-i20side.jpg  

Last edited by tsk13 : 20th November 2009 at 21:58.
Old 20th November 2009, 22:14   #11
BHPian

awesome , well executed job . Kudos to Rishabh Hyundai.
Old 2nd January 2010, 11:24   #12
Senior - BHPian

I had a small graze on the rear and front bumper of my i20(sparkle blue)

And the bodyshop manager(Rishabh Hyundai) said that they'd have to erode the whole paint halfway and repaint it again!

I told em to just touch it up with a small brush but he stood his ground saying that they'll have to paint it all again!

Even I could've done it myself if they just gave me a matching paint!

Is it advisable what the manager is saying??
Old 2nd January 2010, 13:45   #13
BHPian

Where are they located in Delhi?

On second thoughts since the paint wasnt damaged, you could have got it dry dented also. I know a dry denter who would have done a very good job.
Old 11th January 2010, 16:55   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sohail99 View Post
I had a small graze on the rear and front bumper of my i20(sparkle blue)

And the bodyshop manager(Rishabh Hyundai) said that they'd have to erode the whole paint halfway and repaint it again!

I told em to just touch it up with a small brush but he stood his ground saying that they'll have to paint it all again!

Even I could've done it myself if they just gave me a matching paint!

Is it advisable what the manager is saying??
Sohail, sorry for replying so late. It's some company policy which he's simply following. The Bodyshop Manager is genuinely honest and straighforward, they won't simply touch up but if you get your car serviced and request them, then they might entertain small touch-ups. My Xing's case with MGF and i20's case with Rishabh had supplementary touch-ups at non-painted places post the repair work.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WanderNomad View Post
Where are they located in Delhi?

On second thoughts since the paint wasnt damaged, you could have got it dry dented also. I know a dry denter who would have done a very good job.
WanderNomad, they're located in Okhla (Near the Police Station).

Dry Denting was considered, but since the damaged area in concern involved complexities in repairing, certain outside garages were skeptical of success; that's what made us approach the authorised service center. Please provide the details of the Dry Denter you know, it shall benefit us.
Old 11th January 2010, 17:06   #15
BHPian

The Dry denter is Apna Motors, TC 4 / 1, Main Road, New Moti Nagar, Opp Accharya Bhikshu Hospital, Delhi. Its around half a KM from Punjabi Bagh crossing towards Patel Nagar on the main road. The owner is Shahid and his younger brother is Shabbir.

I have got all my cars and a lot of cars of friends and family dry dented from him and he does a very very good job at a very reasonable price. He normally charges Rs. 100 - 200 per piece of denting.

We all arent fully aware of the potential of a good dry denter and will be surprised to know that with dry dentring a lot of dents where the paint isnt damaged can be normally restored to 90% of the original at a fraction of effort and cost along with maintaining the original paint. Practically every part which is accessible from behind can be fully restored. Only parts which have dual metal layer (bonnet) or have very thick sheet (dicky door in some cars) or have been supported from back by pillars and rods (doors) for strength cant be fully restored.

Mods: I am noway associated with this shop, I am just a satisfied customer. I have pasted his details here for everyone's benefit. If it violates the forum rules, please feel free to delete / edit the post.

Last edited by WanderNomad : 11th January 2010 at 17:25.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks