Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd December 2009, 17:38   #1
Senior - BHPian

Urmil Motors Tata Fiat, Ghaziabad

Of course, it is not owned by or named after Urmila Matondker.

While in GZBD, I was passing through the old bus stop, then a new big dealership (almost complete, about to open soon) caught my attention.

Its called urmil motors, constructed after demolishing a defunct cinema hall, and even though its just 70 percent complete, it boasts of a huge state of the art workshop capable of servicing 50 cars per day. Even their showroom promises to provide world class buying experience.I was told it is owned by some U.K. International group.

Till now, I have never seen any Tata-Fiat workshop like this and it will be managed by some service managers who have changed from prime Honda, vaishali.

The staff was excellent, courteous and knowledgeable and answered my plethora of questions regarding the Fiat Linea and Punto (I went there as Fiat buyer) with pretty ease. Only today they received their first lot of Indica Vistas and safaris and Fiat cars will come by Monday.

It will be officially opened next year 2nd january and operations will be on full swing. They have dedicated staff for Fiat and Safari customers.

Overall, initial experience gets it 4 out of 5 stars.Let it open an operate fully, then time will tell how good it really is, but I expect it to be good and the manager was making tall promises about the quality of service provided to fiat customers, hope this will turn out to be true.

I recommend this dealership to people interested in purchasing Tata/Fiat cars, which they have officially started dealing in.

There were many indica vista auras but sadly, Tata has deleted the USB/aux-in input for stereo in all indica vista aura models, only a mp3 CD player is standard. The HU is also new with manza aqua style HU.

Let the pictures do the talking. Remember its just 70 percent complete and construction is on full swing. Also, a Bikanerwala restaurant will be opened at first floor.

(Disclaimer: This is strictly my opinion. Individual opinions may differ.)
Attached Thumbnails
Urmil Motors Tata Fiat, Ghaziabad-dsc01827.jpg  

Urmil Motors Tata Fiat, Ghaziabad-dsc01828.jpg  

Urmil Motors Tata Fiat, Ghaziabad-dsc01829.jpg  

Urmil Motors Tata Fiat, Ghaziabad-dsc01830.jpg  

Urmil Motors Tata Fiat, Ghaziabad-dsc03665.jpg  

Urmil Motors Tata Fiat, Ghaziabad-dsc03666.jpg  

Urmil Motors Tata Fiat, Ghaziabad-dsc03667.jpg  

Urmil Motors Tata Fiat, Ghaziabad-dsc03668.jpg  

Urmil Motors Tata Fiat, Ghaziabad-dsc03669.jpg  

Urmil Motors Tata Fiat, Ghaziabad-dsc03670.jpg  

Last edited by sidindica : 2nd December 2009 at 17:48.
Old 2nd December 2009, 19:18   #2
BHPian

Hi Sid, where is this showroom is in ghaziabad.

Thanks
Old 13th January 2010, 19:24   #3
BHPian

I had sales manager visit our office today, he is ex honda guy. As per him most of the sales/service staff is from Honda/Toyota.

Based on my interaction with him and others who came with Punto test drive is wide departure from what I have seen from Automobile Noida. My safari gx is going to this place for service for sure BTW tata website has online service booking now, I will update my expereince after service.

Address from the tata website

Urmil Motors Pvt LtdGhaziabadVasant Cinema Compound, Nehru nagar, Ghaziabad, Pin code: 2020010120-4627777/ 88
Regards
Vivek

Last edited by vivek.singh.73 : 13th January 2010 at 19:28.
Old 14th January 2010, 18:10   #4
Senior - BHPian

I am assuming they will not use the lifts outside(under the shed) for Safari as it will hit the roof.
Old 15th January 2010, 23:18   #5
BHPian

My safari came back today after 2 nd free from Urmil motors. Only oil change and minor stuff.

Some things that worked well

1. Car was picked up on time after taking appointment a day in advance ( no follow-up).

2. Service advisor called up to check the list of complaints.

3. Car was ready on time as promised.

4. Car was dropped at home ( minor charge 150 rs), Automobile doesn't provide car drop.

5. Professional interface through out.

6. Car looked clean and tidy though will check on throughness of work done in the morning.

Areas of improvement

1. front power window still struggle to pull up even though I mentioned it needs to handled.

2. I didn't get any feedback on any ECU updates etc. even though I reminded the service advisor.

3. some rubber parts etc were not available and hence couldn't be replaced.

Overall

I rate the service quality much better then typical TATA service, and miles ahead of automobile in simple things like interface qulity and professional interaction.

Highly recommended based on this brief interaction.

Regards

Vivek
Old 16th January 2010, 16:49   #6
Senior - BHPian

OT

i dont see even a single FIAT car in the pic FIAT cars are yet to arrive is it?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks