Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th December 2009, 17:13   #1
BHPian

Disappointing service levels at HM service, Bangalore

I have the Cedia from Aug 2007 and although the car has never disappointed me ever with the functioning or performance, the service levels and the quality of the work done at the HM service center in Bangalore has recently gotten me on my nerves. I guess i am not the only lancer or Cedia owner who feels this way, so I am sharing my experience with you all.

I was a happy customer until Lathangi Automobiles shifted to Ford and all Lancer / Cedia owners were forced to depend on the only authorized service center in Bangalore for Mitsubishi i.e. India Garage. The difference was almost immediately visible; be it with the timely calls and reminders on the service due dates, or in the quality of work done on the vehicle. Initially I guessed it could be due to the heavy work load these people have since they are the sole service center in Bangalore and little slack in customer care was understandable. However, after having experienced their workmanship for over a year, I thought it is worth mentioning on the carelessness of these people and the lack of attention to detail and the quality of the work they do.

Here are a few incidents that are worth mentioning.

On my way to office one morning, I had a motorcyclist trying to squeeze b/w the road divider and my vehicle, and to my fear, brushed against the rear side of my car causing minor scratches above the rear fender and a series of very light but tennis ball sized dents on the rear door although with no scratches there. They were not immediately visible but upon closer look one could see the series of dents caused along the door. I took the car to India Garage for fixing this and claimed insurance that was approved after inspection of the areas affected. The insurance guy also got the scratched and dented areas marked with a marker and took customary photographs of the same. I was told to come after 2 days since it would take time to remove the dents on the rear door and they had to repaint the whole door. As scheduled, I got a call that my vehicle was ready for delivery. I reached the place to find the car washed and ready for delivery. I went and inspected the repairs and they had fixed the scratches on the rear fender and the paint job looked good. Then upon inspection of the rear door paint job, to my horror, i found that they had repainted and fixed the door back with the series of dents still in place. With utter disappointment, i pointed that out to the service technician, he realized this and asked me to come back again after a day. They had to do the dent removal and paint work all over and I was absolutely mad that they removed and repainted the whole door without actually fixing the reason for which the door needed a repaint in the first place! Then what did they fix on the door? Didn't they realize the need for repainting the door for no reason? I took the car out and later realized that they had not fixed the door beading properly and could hear some vibrations due to that. I went and got this fixed during my next service.

A few months after this incident, I realized that there are very small and a lot of white specks on the paint only on one side of the car starting from exactly one half of the roof. These were not visible under normal conditions but could be easily seen when the car was washed and polished. I could not understand why and how these came from. Later when I indicated this to the service personnel, they acknowledged that this was due to covering or masking only half of the roof during their paint job of the rear fender and the quarter panel. The unmasked part was exposed to paint sprays that was the cause of the specks on one side only. They were ready to fix the roof portion but advised me to go for surface treatment for the whole car since only one side would look more polished than the rest if they polished only the quarter panel and the rear fender. Why would I have to pay for something which is not my fault? This is utter unprofessionalism and shows lack of attention to detail and carelessness on their part. Why do we have to go to authorized service centers when their job can be as lousy as a roadside paint job? Now I am considering avoiding the service center for any body work or paint related jobs. Have to find a reputed independent garage that can do a decent job.

One more incident is when I scratched the front bumper and asked them to paint one side and fix it. I was charged a little over 1000 rupees for it and when I went to take delivery, I noticed that there were wet marks in some areas that were repainted. The service technician explained that this was due to the paint not being dry inside and he would get it polished anytime after a few days if I took the vehicle back. I took his word and got the car back only to realize later that they had sprayed red paint all over the fog light casing and some on the fog light glass too. How can they do such a irresponsible job? Don't these people check for irregularities or check the quality of work done on the car? How can they ignore such obvious things?

Lately, I believe something fell on the rear glass of my car and it developed a crack. I went to the service station after calling them to check the availability of parts and left the vehicle there. They replaced the rear glass and had washed and kept the vehicle ready. I went to take delivery of the car and as usual started inspecting the job done. They had fixed the glass ok but the beading below was all loose and i could clearly see gaps all over. I pointed this out and they say they don't have the beading in their stores and it will take a week or two to get it. They just chose to keep mum about the beading part. Now, my question is why is this not told to the customer beforehand? Why do a half hearted job and tell the customer everything is done? Why should the customer point out the flaws in their work? To add to that they have messed up with the rear MDF board housing the 6x9 ovals and it does not fit as snugly as before. Moreover, it is broken on one side and they say it was already like that! :-O How am i supposed to react to this? It looks like the boys at Anwar's audio shop do a better finishing job that these so called "Trained" service guys at HM.

I was so angry and disappointed that I went and spoke to the Service General Manager. The first thing he did was to give me a standard feedback form to fill. I expressed my displeasure at this and he, being a nice man offered to come and inspect my vehicle. I explained to him all the history of the work they had done and how dissatisfied i was with their service. They had already policed the roof to make it even but the side was left out. They still claim that they can do it for free but the newly policed part would look brighter that the rest. So i had to go for surface treatment for the whole car. On instructions of the service manager, I was given a customer Information slip that says i will be getting the rear glass beading in a weeks time.

All this has left me utterly disappointed with HM and their service. The customer has to point out the obvious and visible flaws in their work! The car is customarily washed outside but is all dirty inside with prints when those guys were servicing the car. It shows the utter carelessness and hopeless attitude to customer satisfaction.

I have never written such a long article on Team-BHP and I apologize for testing your patience folks! But i thought, I should highlight my experience with HM and I would want to know if I am only unlucky here or other too have faced this kind of shabby service from HM?

Your thoughts on this please.
Old 7th December 2009, 22:19   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

Oh man! that sucks. It really does. Having only one single dealership and service centre is bad for the consumer.

Have you spoken to a higher up in the company?
Old 7th December 2009, 22:29   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 View Post
Oh man! that sucks. It really does. Having only one single dealership and service centre is bad for the consumer.

Have you spoken to a higher up in the company?
I insisted on meeting the service manager and waited for him for some time as he was out. When I could meet him, as I mentioned earlier, he handed me a standard feedback form when I expressed my dissatisfaction of their service levels. He did come and inspect the car but I don't think anything will change looking at the way he took my complaint so casually. He was busy attending calls on his cellphone all the time while i was there.

I dont have much hope in them now.
Old 11th December 2009, 22:47   #4
BHPian

I totally agree with you man. Even i had to face the brunt of these unprofessional guys. Thing is because they are the only authorized service center they think they can take the customer for a ride.

And Mitsubishi on the other hand doesn't seem to one bit bothered about it either.

Even when i spoke to the service guy, he gave me the form, and well i guess the form ended up in the dustbin.

Cedia is an awesome car, no doubt, but Mitsubishi really ought to look into this service problem soon, or else they are going to loose die hard Mitsubishi fans like me too.

let me know if you get a response from Mitsubishi.

PS: if you are around in koramangala you could try Car Mechs, they are pretty good, and i send my car there for service now.
Old 12th December 2009, 10:00   #5
BHPian

Here is an update:

I have got follow up calls from Service Managers from ASC (Automobile Service Center) and Mitsubishi Motors after my post here in Team-BHP.

Both were apologetic and promised to look into the matter. But how that translates to action is yet to be seen. I am expecting them to get the surface treatment done at their expense to rectify the white specks caused due to their carelessness.

Meanwhile, I got the rear speaker wooden plank rectified and re-fitted at Anwar's (now Top Gear) and as usual the guys there have done a wonderful job The fit and finish is commendable.

@Ajai - Thanks for the suggestion! Can you let me know the location of Car Mechs? I frequent Koramangala often as i used to work near by until very recently.
Old 17th December 2009, 21:02   #6
BHPian

Hey was out of town so couldn't reply, car mechs is located on the venkatapura road towards the end. you can check the below link for the contact details:

Carmechs in Check Post Hosur Road Bangalore - Justdial

By the way how much mileage does your car give ?
Old 25th January 2010, 21:17   #7
BHPian

Hi Ajay, thanks for the info. Sorry I didn't Check this thread for sometime.

I am getting a consistent mileage of 10 kmpl from the time my office shifted to ORR near marathalli and I stay in Kasturinagar. Earlier I used to get 8-9 kmpl when I used to work near koramangala. I use regular petrol and 30 psi of air pressure.
Old 11th May 2011, 15:04   #8
BHPian

Re: Disappointing service levels at HM service, Bangalore

India Garage is equally bad with Mahindra Servicing. All they want to do is wash your car, change all lubes, coolant etc and charge you. They pay zero attention to any other complaints you may have about the car. They seriously shouldn't be in business!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks