BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endofdayz View Post
Hi All,
I'm Here with the update on my bike.

Cheers. Happy n safe riding.

Cheers
Hi Endofdayz,
could you share me the contact details of the Mr ilango, since i too faced a very harrowing situation with trident motors at domlur last week. I had taken the bike for general service and front fork oil seal change along with a complaint on rear shocks being too hard. What followed was an ordeal .

Took the bike to the showroom on a saturday couple of weeks back and the guys mentioned that the clutch plate needs to be replaced, followed by front tire change and battery change with general service. They asked me to come the following day to pick the bike up. The next day i get a call that I have an outstanding of 2K to be paid from my previous service in 2008 stating that the computer had no records of my payment and asked me to produce the bill for that period. At this point i was furious since I had paid the bill and at that time they were having some issues for which they were not able to operate the computer. Following that i am not sure if the lady at disk gave me a manual bill since it has been a long long time, but what surprises me is that how can they make such a claim since they will give the bike back to the customer only after the bill is totally paid, only then is the gatepass given. i then spoke to one mr. murthy there who understood my situation and said he will look into the matter and that probably the front office assistants goofed up somewhere and they had no means of verifying since the previous assistants had left the service company. But he too agreed that the bike would have been released only after full payment.

Now i go there the next day to collect my bike and sort out this confusion and time and again some 5-6 executive ask me the same question and i had to explain to them the whole thing again and again. That aside, when i asked if the bike was ready then they told me that they were not yet done since there was a lot of work involved and asked me to come on monday morning 11 am. I go there at 11 am the next day and they ask me to come at 4 pm in the evening to collect the bike. Now i had to apply for a leave from my office since i couldnt just make it to my office without the bike. At this point of time, Mr.Murthy was kind enough to get someone to drop me at my residence which was close by. Then evening again i reached prompty at the service station after checking with the person concerned and when i reach there, i am made to wait for another 3-4 hours and again when the billing time came again the same issue with the previous unpaid bill. With one more round of explanation, they tell me that the computer will not take entries for this particular service since there was some outstanding, as a result they said they will cross check their previous years manual entries and then send across the bill next day, which i havent recieved till date. In return i just get a written note stating that I have paid for my service with their showroom seal and Mr.Murthy's signature. At this point of time i am really frustrated and just wanted to get back home with the bike, since 3 days without bike was really tuff and added to this multiple visits to the service center and having to keep explaining to every tom dick and harry about the outstanding bill, which was a result of their sloppiness. Anyways, I got a fat bill of 4500 Rs which was pretty acceptable considering the fact that they had changed the clutch plate, new battery, new front tires (which they said could be the issue with exessive vibrations), new break shoes , general service etc et.

But after i recieved the bike, i took a very short drive and i was impressed with it, but on the way back home, i started noticing that the bike was fish tailing and pulling towards one side, and i thought this was because of the new tires that i had put in front and probably the tires upon running for sometime will smoothen out. But the issue persisted and was becoming very dangerous to drive. Since i didnt want to go to these guys again considering my previous experience, i took it to the local workshops and each one had a different theory, one told me that the front fork seems to be slightly bent along with wheel rim bend, other tells me that the swing arm bush is gone, and another one points says that the shocks could be the issue. Also the engine has also started sputtering as if it was running out of fuel, but there is plent of fuel in the tank. Along with this , the accelarator raises automatically when i turn the handle bar to the right side, which i think could be a minor issue because of the accelrator cable and can be rectified quickly. But my main concern is the fishtailing of the bike since it is becoming really dangerous, and now i am not sure i want to take my bike to same guys given their crappy service and attitude. I dont want to take my bike to any other local guy because they are equally crappy. Every local guy seem to give me a different theory altogether.

One more suprising thing that my local mechanic pointed out that my shock absorbers seemed to have 2004 make when the same trident guys were supposed to have replaced my old shocks with brand new ones during my last year service. I didnt notice it thus so far, so i am not sure if these guys changed this in the recent service or it was done in the previous service, but I have a serious doubt that I have been handed an unfair deal. Even now the rear shock absorbers are very hard, eventhough i went for a replacement last year and this year i had specifically asked to look into this issue since it was giving me severe back pain, but still the problem exists and i am suffering greatly because of the same. The local guys expect me to change the shock absorbers , handle bar, and seats, which i have tried in the past but with no effect at all.

so please suggest how to take this forward. I am willing to forget the entire ordeal with the trident guys but I really need to get my bike fixed by someone who is good at it. On the otherhand i have spent quite a bit on my bike in the last 1 year, but again i dont want to go to some service center with such sloppy workmanship and attitude towards the customer. I have been really struggling since last year to get my bike fixed for good but now i have one or the issue cropping up. The current issue of bike fishtailing and the shocks issue is really making me thinking of selling off my beloved bike, which i hold very close to my heart and am not willing to. Please suggest
Old 28th December 2009, 11:35   #17
BHPian

Good to know of the happy ending. Made me recall my experience.

I joined Team BHP to post about my bad experience at Max Motoros (Hero Honda) Dr. Rajkumar Road, Bangalore. They had messed up my bike during service (especially chain sprocket) and when I took it back to them for explanation, their mechanic was doing wheelie with my bike on the way to service bay. Later they said I have broken the chain sprocket after the service and I have to pay for replacement. I had a lot of argument and went back with the bike fed up, without repaid.

Then posted about it here and soon, got a call from Hero Honda informing me that Max Motors will contact me and rectify the problem. Then Max Motors manager called and argued with me for 40 minutes.

In the end, nothing was done. The manager blamed me saying I was at fault. Never went back there.

So am really impressed with the service TVS have given you. Congratulations.
Old 28th December 2009, 11:36   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I suspect my bike parts might have been changed when it had gone for regular service at ashwa motors though i dont have any proof.
I bet 100% it would be Ashwa motors who have done it while you have given it to the service. Why don't you inform this to TVS guys, so that they take proper action against them and they do not cheat others.
Old 29th December 2009, 09:17   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotorhead View Post
Hi Endofdayz,
could you share me the contact details of the Mr ilango, since i too faced a very harrowing situation with trident motors at domlur last week. I had .....

some service center with such sloppy workmanship and attitude towards the customer. I have been really struggling since last year to get my bike fixed for good but now i have one or the issue cropping up. The current issue of bike fishtailing and the shocks issue is really making me thinking of selling off my beloved bike, which i hold very close to my heart and am not willing to. Please suggest
Dude i feel really sorry for you. Though the TVS bikes have got potential these idiots spoil it to glory.

A.Ilango@tvsmotor.co.in

This is the email address. No need to threaten them like publishing the matters in public community. Just explain your problem. thats it. so cheers. hez very helpful and he will surely give you some suggestions.

Meanwhile after writing ilango also make sure you goto TVS web site and use there contact us option and explain teh same porblem and post it(dont forget to use this option). you will be choked by the response. all the best. hope it solves the problem. thanks.

ROTORHEAD COULD PLEASE LET US KNOW WHICH BIKE YOU HAVE.

Last edited by Endofdayz : 29th December 2009 at 09:23.
Old 29th December 2009, 09:19   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rk_sans View Post
I bet 100% it would be Ashwa motors who have done it while you have given it to the service. Why don't you inform this to TVS guys, so that they take proper action against them and they do not cheat others.
hey sans,
If you check my previous post even tvs is very concerned about this. since they are closed for new yr and christmas the vice president has told me he vil call me in jan first week. He needs me to write a letter and post it to his address rather some other address. After this the problem will be taken care. i think i have ignited the spark and fire is spreading.
Old 29th December 2009, 10:25   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Dude i feel really sorry for you. Though the TVS bikes have got potential these idiots spoil it to glory.

A.Ilango@tvsmotor.co.in

This is the email address. No need to threaten them like publishing the matters in public community. Just explain your problem. thats it. so cheers. hez very helpful and he will surely give you some suggestions.

Meanwhile after writing ilango also make sure you goto TVS web site and use there contact us option and explain teh same porblem and post it(dont forget to use this option). you will be choked by the response. all the best. hope it solves the problem. thanks.

ROTORHEAD COULD PLEASE LET US KNOW WHICH BIKE YOU HAVE.
thanks for the information Endofdayz. Not to worry mate, i am not the one who believes in threatening people to get things done, if that was the case i could have very much raised a major ruckus while i took the bike from the service centre or I still can call up the service center and give them a piece of my mind, but I dont believe in such things. Despite the experience there, i am still appreciative of the politeness of the people and especially the proactiveness of Mr.Murthy, but my only concern is that i was made to wait for 3 days for the bike, then towards the end of it my bike has only become dangerous to ride in and on top of that i have not recieved a bill this time, and probably next time i go to that place then i will probably have an outstanding as per their "computer records" and will end up answering every tom dick and harry out there and all this because of their fault and no fault of mine.

BTW i own a suzuki fiero. Thanks once again. Will try the TVS website and then if things dont work then I will try to get in touch with mr.ilango.
Old 29th December 2009, 10:50   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotorhead View Post
thanks for the information Endofdayz. Not to worry mate, i am not the one who believes in threatening people to get things done, if that was the case i could have very much raised a major ruckus while i took the bike from the service centre or I still can call up the service center and give them a piece of my mind, but I dont believe in such things. Despite the experience there, i am still appreciative of the politeness of the people and especially the proactiveness of Mr.Murthy, but my only concern is that i was made to wait for 3 days for the bike, then towards the end of it my bike has only become dangerous to ride in and on top of that i have not recieved a bill this time, and probably next time i go to that place then i will probably have an outstanding as per their "computer records" and will end up answering every tom dick and harry out there and all this because of their fault and no fault of mine.

BTW i own a suzuki fiero. Thanks once again. Will try the TVS website and then if things dont work then I will try to get in touch with mr.ilango.
nope. i suggest first contact tvs web site and parallely contact the email address for speedy action.
Old 31st December 2009, 10:21   #23
BHPian

as you mentioned, I have got a very prompt and positive response from mr.Ilango. Will keep you posted on the updates.
Old 31st December 2009, 13:24   #24
Senior - BHPian

I already had such a issue with TVS Service at Cochin when ,The front forks of RTR180s(many of them) makes "Thud" Sound while riding on moderately bad surfaced roads as well.TVS A.S.C at Kochi repeatedly generalized telling all RTR180s are like this.Even ,They proved this by testing with New RTR180s(August-September 2009) at that time.

So ,I was riding for the last 14 Years and this Fork Sound is really something abnormal and cannot believe this story from TVS Cochin's Senior Mechanic.

Later ,I emailed TVS citing Me being a Long Term Customer of Their Bikes starting from Suzuki Fiero(2002) etc.There was a prompt response and Their Regional head contacted Me thrice reassured Me that The Problem will be Resolved and Asked to leave the bike at Cochin Service Centre,so that TVS's Engineer Can Help resolving it visiting there.

They did the Fork Overhaul and found out that few of the RTR180's have less amount of fork fluid(which needs to be topped) as well as some change to do with fork pistons to resolve this issue.Now ,I heard from Other TVS Service Centre's Friendly Service Advisor Near to Me - that TVS has put advisory on this issue on Some RTR180's facing this problem.

Good Work There!Even if I have to do My Homework to make TVS Directly involve in resolving Bike's problem.

Last edited by deepclutch : 31st December 2009 at 13:26.
Old 5th January 2010, 17:21   #25
BHPian

An update folks, I have got my bike back from the service center and as of now everything seems to have got fixed, but will observe the same over the next few days if they re-occur. But importantly, I am thoroughly impressed with the way the TVS motors, especially Mr.Ilango and praveen have responded to my complaint. Quite frankly I did not anticipate a prompt response and such proactive approach to a customers complaint. As a owner of TVS product I am today a completely satisfied customer. I wish few manufactures learn from them. Skoda are you hearing ?
Old 20th February 2010, 16:00   #26
BHPian

Great Job TVS. They have the best R&D in INDIA.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks