Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th November 2011, 14:04   #61
BHPian

Re: CARNATION Multibrand Car Service - Initial review

Quote:
Originally Posted by laluks View Post
Went to Carnation again today. I wanted to give them a chance to diagnose the rattle and the small ac problem I had.
laluks,
Which Carnation is this? The one off Bannerghatta Road, or on ORR?
From your reviews, I am not sure whether I can take my Cruze there to check the source of a foul smell!
Old 4th November 2011, 14:35   #62
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by animdas View Post
laluks,
Which Carnation is this? The one off Bannerghatta Road, or on ORR?
From your reviews, I am not sure whether I can take my Cruze there to check the source of a foul smell!
I went to the one in ORR near intel. But that was a long time back. I have no clue if the standards have changed now.

I am not sure about their capabilities with the Cruze. But since they allow you to be near your car all the time, probably you can give a try and if they look like they have no clue, you can walk out.
laluks is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th January 2012, 23:53   #63
BHPian

Hi everyone,

Kindly go through the below thread to know more about carnation Bangalore and latter decide to service your car
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...bangalore.html
Old 29th March 2012, 00:44   #64
BHPian

"A" for avoid. Forget about cruze, they can't even fix battery drain problem in Maruti 800. The best part is for their trial & error method of fixing issues they charge customers every time they "try" something. I'm sure they will soon convert themselves to an accessory shop.
ravigop is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th March 2012, 21:21   #65
BHPian

I decided to get my 2006 Chevrolet Aveo serviced from Carnation due to the brand name and the image of the company, especially since it is headed by Mr Jagdish Khattar. However, I regret to report that the following problems were faced by me in the service. I also regret to say that I will never recommend Carnation to any of my 1800+ friends on our facebook group as also members at Team-Bhp. Kindly note the problems:
1. Car has been delayed in delivery by a full 24 hours, due to the issue of wrong part (rear wheel cylinder), for which the part had to be re-issued again.
2. The estimate that was given to me by the service engineer was approx Rs. 11,000.00, which, I anyway found to be more expensive compared to the market. This included engine flush, change of oil to synthetic oil, oil filter, front shock absorber mountings (top), front left brake caliper pin, rear brake wheel cylinders other than the routine stuff like service, wash etc. Inspite of the high price, I decided to go ahead with it in the hope that a good job would be done.
3. To my surprise, the final bill quoted is a whopping Rs.17,000.00 which is way above the estimate. Even a roadside mechanic knows how much a part may cost and can give an estimate within reasonable tolerances, which, sorry to say, a service engineer at a reputed workshop like Carnation could not give.
4. When asked if there was a parts list with costs from where he got the original estimates, I found that a so called 'professional' organization with multi-brand repairs did not even have a parts list or price list. This is appalling. This means that the service engineer was simply quoting anything he felt like.
5. I find my experience with Carnation utterly unprofessional with incompetent engineers giving estimates. My experience with Carnation amounts to extortion and cheating.

I sincerely urge anyone wanting to use Carnation to think twice before giving your car. As someone has mentioned earlier on in the thread, they don't have any clue about the car itself. I have written on Jagdish Khattar's FB page also, don't know what will happen. My car is to be delivered tomorrow.
sasi405 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th March 2012, 23:07   #66
Team-BHP Support

Carnation's fall from grace is appalling. They had everything in place to turn the game around, and have people flocking to their outlets, but that was not to be.

With this initiative, people will surely have lost whatever respect they had for Mr. Jagdish Khattar - I for one am part of that group. I am yet to come across any good reviews for them anywhere, atleast they are consistent in that aspect.
Old 2nd April 2012, 11:40   #67
BHPian

My car has been with me since the past two days, after I got it back from Carnation. Though they 'seemed' to have done a decent job with the repair, two of the problems that I had indicated to them have recurred.
1. The engine check light used to come on due to some loose connection / faulty sensor somewhere. Though it didn't happen when I took car from the service on Saturday, it recurred again yesterday.
2. The handbrake was not working properly. This remains the same, though their own mechanic had diagnosed it and had promised to rectify it.
3. For the money that I have spent on the car, I don't think Carnation is anywhere close to being worth it.
4. I do not trust them, including their service engineers, mechanics and service manager. The only positive point was the response from the customer care, especially after writing to them that I am posting my views on Team Bhp!
4. MY ADVICE WILL BE TO KEEP AWAY FROM CARNATION. Find your own trusted mechanic for your out of warranty / old car.
sasi405 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2012, 19:01   #68
BANNED

I agree with the sentiments of the above posters. A year back, Carnation was very good. But now it's very average and not worth the money you pay. It's not really much cheaper than going to the A. S. S. I used them earlier because I felt they were better than A. S. S for routine stuff. Now this year, they are very average & I am not going to go to them again. Once I find a trusted mechanic, I am going to go there rather than Carnation.
Old 4th April 2012, 08:42   #69
BHPian

From the horror stories by fellow BHPians, I would never go to Carnation - unless you want to experience a nightmare with your car. I cant believe Jagdish Khattar (and supposedly Premji who has a stake) can tolerate the nonsense that these guys are playing on the paying public. Can you imagine a layman who has no clue about the workings of his car going there and getting conned by them.
Old 12th June 2012, 21:28   #70
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by laluks View Post
16th May 2010

I have tried Carnation for a small paint job for the rear bumber yesterday.
Job is decently done, it was just a part painting, rates reasonable, colour matching good.

I have given the feedback, and had a chat with the bangalore operations head. Seems thay are open to the changes.

Wish them all the best.
I would like to see Carnation as my friendly neighbourhood service centre whom I can rely. Though tha'ts a far fetched dream I am ready to give them the needed feedback - not just complaints.
With my previous experience of a part painting at Carnation, I had visited them yesterday for a paint job for my civic. They immediately started on the job, and since I was promised same day delivery, the guys worked till 10:30PM to hand over the car. A promise well kept. I cannot imagine a dealership going that extent to please a customer.

Small issues are there, but not horror stories atleast. I will be visiting them again this Saturday to get some more work done. Detailed review I will write soon after that.

As I told a few years ago, I am willing to give them the feedback and in return getting a good service.

Last edited by laluks : 12th June 2012 at 21:30.
Old 14th December 2012, 18:03   #71
BHPian

Have been taking my cars to Carnation for two years now.
The service and technical competency levels however have nosedived horribly.
The complaint mail below, which I sent today should give you a gist of how horrible the plunge has been.

Dear Mr. Khattar,

I am writing to you after facing a lot of trouble and a very disappointing service from your Carnation team based in Gurgaon. I have been a regular client of Carnation Auto for more than 2 years now and had been ardently recommending your brand name to my acquaintances and friends. However, my recent experience with your team has left a bitter taste in my mouth and hence I am forced to lodge a formal complaint for the same.

My Hyundai Verna (HR XX XX XXXX) had gone to Carnation Auto, Gurgaon on December 9, 2012 (Sunday) in the morning for replacement of brake pads, shockers and swing arms. When delivered back to me its music system was not working.

Upon informing your team about the same, I was told to send the car back for repair on December 11, 2012 (Tuesday). The car was again delivered the same evening and the delivery guy told us that the music system was dysfunctional from the beginning and that it’ll not be/could not be fixed by them. However, while driving the car the same day, I could hear a loud sound coming from the front right wheel and I also noticed that the a tweeter was broken. It had gotten crushed in the door due to careless handling while the Carnation team was working on it.

Out of sheer frustration and disgust, I informed about the same to the General Manager, Mr. Tyagi and he reassured me the same will be addressed and I was asked to submit my car to Carnation Auto yet again on December 13 (Thursday). The car was picked up in the afternoon and 4 issues were clearly explained and noted down by the carnation team (Anil) i.e. 1. Broken tweeter; 2. non functioning music system; 3. Wheel noise and 4. Dirty/greased car mats.

The car was sent back to me this afternoon December 14, 2012 (Friday) and the status of the problems is: 1. Broken tweeter to be replaced in a few days; 2. Music system is still not functioning; 3. Wheel noise has been resolved (though I am yet to test it as I am at work) and 4. The grease marks are still very much there on the car mats. Over that there is a 5th one! The car’s remote lock is not working and the delivery guy had absolutely no idea about the same! Shocking that the team has not only spoilt TWO perfectly working components of my car, they do not even have a QC before delivery!

I have spoken to Mr. Tyagi and have refused to take the delivery of the car till the issues are addressed properly. The unprofessional handling of my car is totally unwarranted and coming from a usually aggressively promoted brand name of “A Jagdish Khattar Initiative”, it is preposterous.

I am adamant to put across my dissatisfaction, grievance and this horrifying experience with your company across to you only hoping for a responsible revert and a responsible solution to my problem.
I will be waiting for a revert and prompt action on my problems.
Old 14th December 2012, 18:39   #72
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by himalyan_ice View Post
The complaint mail below, which I sent today should give you a gist of how horrible the plunge has been.
Let me know if you get a response?

I also had an excellent experience with Carnation a couple of times - but the last time was barely OK.
Old 14th December 2012, 19:18   #73
BHPian

Any reviews on Carnation Chennai? How are they in terms of service and pricing?
Old 14th December 2012, 21:03   #74
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by himalyan_ice View Post
Have been taking my cars to Carnation for two years now.
The service and technical competency levels however have nosedived horribly.
Carnation used to be good when it started but now I guess it has gone franchise way, though I am not sure. The experience varies from location to location and owner to owner and I agree Gurgaon one has become pathetic. I used to be there since last two years and used Carnation Gurgaon multiple times.

They are just interested in raising huge bills. My and few of my friend's experience is that they are just good for denting and painting job. Gurgaon folks were not able to fix simple wheel alignment issue, although they charged me for that and then gave me a reason that, Sir all the four tyres need to be replaced. They tried to sell tyres after that . Got it fixed outside for 400 bucks. For mechanical and engine stuff, either find a good local mechanic or stick to company service stations. Its just not worth the money and headache at Carnation.

Last edited by ambujlal : 14th December 2012 at 21:06. Reason: added more information.
Old 29th December 2012, 23:58   #75
BHPian

My experience with Carnation Pune (Wakad) is a similar story. I had been to them last to last year, and the services were satisfactory. This time around, not only did I feel that they are trying to fleece money, but also there is an utter unprofessional attitude towards service. The manner in which they manhandle the cars makes it seem as if its a group of local car mechanics (the roudy types) than a professional service agency. And, no wonder the earlier controls of obtaining a feed-back and sms of code etc. have now disappeared.
Its sad to see that an initiative that seemed very promising is dying this way.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks