Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th January 2010, 13:55   #1
BHPian

Nissan showroom in Velachery!

Noticed only last night that a new Sherif Nissan showroom is being opened in Velachery at the same place where Mahindra-Renault dealer GMS Automobiles was located.
Snapped a coupla pics this morning-but couldn't drop in for want of time. Spotted 2 cars inside-guessing it to be the X-Trail & Teana. Will confirm after visting them tomorrow.
Attached Thumbnails
Nissan showroom in Velachery!-1.jpg  

Nissan showroom in Velachery!-2.jpg  

Old 19th January 2010, 15:25   #2
MAS
Senior - BHPian

I saw the advertisement in the papers and was wondering where has the Nissan showroom opened in Velachery Main Road. Thank you wolffe for the information and photos.

Mahindra's dealer could not sustain a showroom there, i wonder how Nissan's dealer would get his money out.

The basic problem is that the showroom is not visible due to the huge trees on either sides. The sign boards are also only on the wall which is parallel to the road. Hope Sherif makes more boards to indicate their presence.
Old 19th January 2010, 15:40   #3
BHPian

It could be that GMS and Sheriff are the same, and considering that the Logan is not doing too well they switched over to Nissan which has a hatchback coming up, plus more volume models lined up.
Old 19th January 2010, 15:44   #4
BHPian

Guys.. where in velachery is this showroom located.
Old 19th January 2010, 16:49   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElantraGT View Post
Guys.. where in velachery is this showroom located.
The showroom is on the left while going towards Guindy-just after Madras Riding School and before the Ford Service Center. The Nissan logo in red-seen at night is awesome-wil get a pic if possible.
Old 19th January 2010, 17:15   #6
Senior - BHPian

Oh Thats great.
Velechery is turning out to be one hot spot

Current Automobile dealerships in Velachery:

1. Ford
2. TATA (Concorde)
3. Nissan (earlier it was Mahindra-Renault)
4. TVS
5. Hero Honda
6. Bajaj

All this within 5 KM radius
Old 19th January 2010, 17:16   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAS View Post
The basic problem is that the showroom is not visible due to the huge trees on either sides. The sign boards are also only on the wall which is parallel to the road. Hope Sherif makes more boards to indicate their presence.
Why should a car showroom have a high visibility.?
A car purchase is not like an apparel purchase where decisions are made on the spot.
Even if a car showroom is located in an unknown place with zero visibility
it will still sell, beacause people come to a showroom only after doing the groundwork(asking friends, reading reviews, etc)
What really matters is the reputation of the company(***, relaibility,etc) and the strength of the product.
Old 19th January 2010, 17:45   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolffe View Post
The showroom is on the left while going towards Guindy-just after Madras Riding School and before the Ford Service Center. The Nissan logo in red-seen at night is awesome-wil get a pic if possible.

Thanks Wolffe. I dont know how I missed this showroom when I cross it once in 2 days. I never knew that Mahindra showroom was there .
Old 19th January 2010, 18:05   #9
BHPian

I was there last evening for the opening. I guess the Sheriff guys will make some money only after the Micra is launched in May. Now they have to sell the tiana for 28lacs and X trails for 24L. These are niche segment cars.
Old 24th January 2010, 12:46   #10
BHPian

Dropped in at the showroom yesterday and was surprised to see only 1 executive(probably because it was a saturday?)-he was very courteous and answered all my questions.Said the X-Trail and the Teana's were waiting to be be delivered.
I actually dropped in with hopes that the 370Z will be on display someday-but it seems that's they will not be getting one for display anytime.If someone books one-probably a chance we can see it in the flesh.Snapped a coupla pics.
Attached Thumbnails
Nissan showroom in Velachery!-x-trail.jpg  

Nissan showroom in Velachery!-teana.jpg  

Nissan showroom in Velachery!-outside.jpg  

Old 1st February 2010, 08:29   #11
Senior - BHPian

Nissan opened the show room in Velachery with Xtrial. It is true how Nissan is going to survive. Any how we have show rooms of VW in CIT Nagar, BMW in Meenambakkam, Toyota in Velachery, Ford in Velachery,Mahindra in Velachery, Maruti and Tata every where. Let us wait and see Nissan with the new car.
Old 2nd April 2010, 00:23   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Current Automobile dealerships in Velachery:

1. Ford
2. TATA (Concorde)
3. Nissan (earlier it was Mahindra-Renault)
4. TVS
5. Hero Honda
6. Bajaj

All this within 5 KM radius
add MANSAROVAR HONDA two wheeler showroom to that, which is coming up in the Bye-pass road.
Old 2nd April 2010, 00:28   #13
Distinguished - BHPian

I look forward to seeing the Micra there
Old 17th November 2011, 10:39   #14
BHPian

New nissan showroom in Chennai

Jubilant Nissan | Nissan India

This should build up confidence among all prospective nissan owners
Old 2nd January 2012, 16:31   #15
BHPian

Re: Nissan showroom in Velachery!

Fellow BHP-ians,

Dont even try going to Sherif Nissan, I ve had a miserable experience booking and cancelling my Sunny there....

At first impression, the team is friendly and will continue to be so till you pay them the advance. After that, it is a total miracle if you can get through to any of their sales folks for delivery. This is not just the sales associates but also their sales managers and sales head who will not pick up your calls. If you call from a new number, the response would be that they are in a meeting and will call you back, which will never happen !!

Coming to my case, I booked a Grey Sunny Petrol in end of Sep'11 immediately after launch and was promised delivery in 2nd FN of Oct.... This did not happen till late Oct, when the dealer called me stating that the color of my choice was not available (he blamed it on Nissan Motors stating cars are not being despatched from their factory) and hence I should change the color. As I wanted the car badly by a particular date (mid Nov), I did change the color (to black) and I was asked to pay the full amount as the car will be delivered the following week. The misery started immediately after this; as soon as made the payment, the sales team went incommunicado.... After several attempts at calling from different numbers, I was able to reach them to only understand that even my new colour was not available (blame was again on Nissan India that they are hoarding inventories of grey and black colors) and that they will not be able to deliver the car by mid Dec... Now, all of this, when petrol cars are hardly sold and all dealers are wooing customers of petrol vehicles...

After repeatedly calling and asking for a refund and cancelling the booking, they offered to sell me red / white colors which I did not want and they offered some freebies. After a firm no and threatening filing a legal suit (for accepting full amount with no car in stock), I was promised refund of the full amount which eventually happened....

I later realize that the dealer has hardly any cars in stock... Conversations with a few folks in Chennai reveal many people have had issues in getting cars delivered from these crooks. At the same time, other dealers (Jubilant, as well as those in Coimbatore, Bangalore) were promising delivery within 10-15 days which clearly shows that there is no real issue with the delivery of the cars by Nissan.

My advice, please stay away from them....

PS: Any reviews on Jubilant Nissan in Egmore?
aroonanand is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks