Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th May 2010, 10:51   #16

Hmmmm Thinking back, I remember an instance when the front wheels went over a rectangular block of wood that was lying on the highway while I was driving at about 60 kmph! The rim of the front left wheel was dented. Maybe that was the underlying reason for the shocks going kaput! Anyway, I am happy with the new ones now...
Have clocked about 39000 Kms now. Time for the next service. Will be taking it to carnation itself. I have a feeling it is going to be better than the MASS.
Old 15th December 2010, 19:22   #17
Senior - BHPian

Re: Carnation Chembur, Mumbai - Review

Guys, I habe a few dents on my innova & i wish to repair them, so took quotations from various workshops-

Toyota A.S.S (Madhuban, Chembur) - Rs. 15,000
Carnation (Kurla) - Rs. 12,000
Local garage (Mulund) - Rs. 8000

How is carnation's service? Are they good in denting & painting works? I always give my car to the A.S.S for repairs & service but since this is a denting job & nothing mechanical is involved, I wish to give others a try, i dont mind saving a few bucks!

Last edited by raj_5004 : 15th December 2010 at 19:31.
Old 22nd December 2010, 08:33   #18
Senior - BHPian

My car came back from carnation. To be honest, I am disappointed.

Even though they delayed the work by one day (they kept the car for 6 days), the denting & painting work done was good, so no complaints on that.

But when they were pressure washing my car, they damaged the entire side stickers of my innova. these were the original stickers bought from the toyota dealer which are not available anymore. though the carnation guys were apologetic, i feel they should have been more careful. the stickers costed Rs. 4000 when we bought it in 2006. so now carnation proved to be more expensive than the toyota A.S.S. !!!
Old 29th December 2010, 11:30   #19
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
My car came back from carnation. To be honest, I am disappointed.

Even though they delayed the work by one day (they kept the car for 6 days), the denting & painting work done was good, so no complaints on that.

How many days did they say they will return it in when you gave them the car?

Also which was the local garage in Mulund where you got a quote from?
Old 29th December 2010, 18:55   #20
Senior - BHPian

@ carboy: I gave the car on thursday & they promised to return it on monday & friday & sunday were holidays. but they returned the car on tuesday.

sorry, i forgot the name of the local garage in mulund, i will get back to you on this.
Old 12th January 2011, 09:19   #21
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
@ carboy: I gave the car on thursday & they promised to return it on monday & friday & sunday were holidays. but they returned the car on tuesday.

sorry, i forgot the name of the local garage in mulund, i will get back to you on this.
Did you get a chance to find the name of the local Mulund Garage?
Old 8th February 2012, 18:08   #22
BANNED

Looks like the Chembur Carnation doesn't do service anymore - only car buying and selling. I am going to get a major service done at Carnation Kurla tommorow.
Old 8th February 2012, 19:16   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carboy View Post
Looks like the Chembur Carnation doesn't do service anymore - only car buying and selling. I am going to get a major service done at Carnation Kurla tommorow.
Do let us know how it goes. How many kms? And is it really better than the authorized service centers or just cheaper?
Old 8th February 2012, 19:29   #24
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalvaz View Post
Do let us know how it goes. How many kms? And is it really better than the authorized service centers or just cheaper?
My last minor service was done by Carnation Workshop on Wheels. It was pretty thorough. I got it done by them rather than a Maruti service center mainly because their default oil was "Castrol GTX" rather than Maruti's MGO - GTX is a much higher grade than MGO. However, Carnation recently changed to Mobil from Castrol, so I don't know what oil they will be using.

Anyway, their price is not all that different from Maruti - just doing it there because I would like to see more 3rd party workshops come up. This time I am doing a major service, so it will cost 4000-5000Rs.
Old 10th April 2012, 19:57   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by carboy View Post
Look forward to your feedback on the major service by Carnation, Kurla..thinking of changing car's service from my regular "Spectra-Borivali" to Carnation if the service is better
Old 10th April 2012, 22:01   #26
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by user50 View Post
Look forward to your feedback on the major service by Carnation, Kurla..thinking of changing car's service from my regular "Spectra-Borivali" to Carnation if the service is better
Don't do it. Carnation has deteriorated from very good to average in the last year. They aren't bad, but the minor difference between their prices from A. S. S isn't worth moving away from A. S. S. If you are in the western Suburbs - Vitesse Andheri is outstanding - easily the best MASS in Mumbai.
carboy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th April 2012, 07:08   #27
BHPian

Nice to hear that you are happy with Carnation. The general opinion, though, at least for Carnation centers in Bangalore (and if I'm not mistaken Pune) is quite bad. You can go through the various threads regarding Carnation on TBHp and find that their diagnosis is bad, spare parts stocking is bad, overcharging for jobs, and mechanicsm who dont really have the expertise even for simple jobs.

But, it could be that Mumbai is better or they've learnt over time.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks