Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th July 2010, 13:45   #16
BHPian

My Visit to ABS

Needless to say, almost all Tata Service outlets in Gurgaon are hopeless. I prefer taking My Indica Xeta GLG to Dhingra Motors for the regular services etc., not that I am hapy with their services but due to lack of any other options plus a person whom I know there who manages to get the work done better(but still not at all satisfactory). Yesterday was my first visit to ABS Motors. A couple of days ago, I noticed that the rubber hose connecting the AirFilter box to the Air intake of the engine was cracked. So, I went to Dhingra Motors as usual. On reaching there, the service advisor offered to do it for me as a "Counter Sale", which he explained would not lead to opening of a job card and would save me the labour costs as well since it was a minor job. I readily agreed but alas, after waiting nearly for about 2hrs, I was informed that the part was not in stock and they would not be able to confirm when it would be available.
Now I had been seeing the print ads for ABS Motors and their service quality and customer satisfaction and what nots for quite some time and had wanted to try them out for a long time. So this presented an ideal opportunity.
After googling their address, I managed to get there. One thing to mention is that the approach roads to the workshop are non existent and also due to the heavy rains, I had to drive through sewage and slush to get there(I hope how painful it must be for owners who just had their car washed and serviced to drive it through the gutters). Anyways after reaching there, the security guard promptly greets and welcomes me and gets my vehicle in the Que to wait for the service advisor. Now I dont know if it was that particular day or what, but they had just 2 service advisors and I had to wait for nearly 1.5hrs just to get a service advisor assigned to me and tell them my problem. All this while irate customers were piling up and I could sense them on the verge of boiling point. Even I got a service advisor after repeatedly using a harsh tone with the receptionist. I recognised the service advisor as one who was with Dhingra Motors earlier; his name was Yashpal I suppose. Anyways, once he was assigned to me, he promptly noted down the problem, confirmed from the store that the part was available and promised me the vehicle would be ready within half an hour. The part was brought in and the replacement was quick although the mechanic seemed a bit incompetent as he was having trouble fitting the simple hose, eventually the service advisor had to show him how to do it. In all, a very disappointing experience and I would rather not go there during the monsoons unless the roads are repaired.
Old 14th July 2010, 19:33   #17
BHPian

ooh, so basically nothing has changed at ABS? the roads still suck? not surprised at all.

the last time i visited ABS was around 6 months ago. they take 4-5-6 hours for anything. whether it is a 5 minute job or a proper service.

i decided never to visit them the last time i was there.

i actually took my Linea to the Sonepat service station yesterday. reason being dad knows the owner of that place and i get 'slightly' better service there. no, it does not work out very fast. because the service folks still take their own time to do anything. it took them 5 hours again to deliver me the car for a simple scheduled service job. but overall, it was better than taking it to ABS.

i absolutely hate the road that takes you to ABS. the owner of the place owns a Fortuner I believe (hah!) so i guess he has never thought about getting it repaired.

ABS has to realize that they service Linea and Manza owners too. the roads are probably designed for Safari and Sumo!
Old 14th July 2010, 20:15   #18
Senior - BHPian

If they take 4-5 hours for jobs that can be done in 15 minutes, I wunder just how they long the can survive in the business? OR what make them survive? Interesting case indeed..

Last edited by sandeepmdas : 14th July 2010 at 20:20.
Old 15th July 2010, 15:40   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sushubh View Post
ooh, so basically nothing has changed at ABS? the roads still suck? not surprised at all.

the last time i visited ABS was around 6 months ago. they take 4-5-6 hours for anything. whether it is a 5 minute job or a proper service.

i decided never to visit them the last time i was there.

i actually took my Linea to the Sonepat service station yesterday. reason being dad knows the owner of that place and i get 'slightly' better service there. no, it does not work out very fast. because the service folks still take their own time to do anything. it took them 5 hours again to deliver me the car for a simple scheduled service job. but overall, it was better than taking it to ABS.

i absolutely hate the road that takes you to ABS. the owner of the place owns a Fortuner I believe (hah!) so i guess he has never thought about getting it repaired.

ABS has to realize that they service Linea and Manza owners too. the roads are probably designed for Safari and Sumo!
Well, pretty sad that nothing has changed in 6months, Well said, the roads(so called) are designed for Safaris and Sumos ; "Make your own Road"

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks