Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th March 2010, 22:45   #1
BHPian

ABS Motors, Gurgaon: Reluctance to service my Punto

Long story short, I had taken my Punto over to ABS during the Fiat service camp last month where a number of issues were reported to them, including a peculiar problem with the bluetooth system hanging after every call. After much cajoling and coaxing to have him take a look at my car, the lone Fiat engineer at the service center reported this as a software malfunction and advised me to ask the dealership to reload the software/firmware or whatever it's called.

According to the service adviser, they did not have the capability to rectify the software issue nor the requisite spare parts for the other problems (wobbly gear knob, broken hood/bonnet lever etc.) and assured me that they'd fix a service appointment in a couple of days and rectify all issues in one go.

Its been over 3 weeks and I haven't received a single bloody phone call from them inspite of repeated calls to the service center, showroom as well as documented e-mails to the customer service manager. It seems they have absolved themselves of all duties toward a car that was originally purchased at ABS and is legally supposed to be serviced by them. I even gently threatened them with legal consequences but they aren't interested one bit.

What are my options at this point? Could anyone post/PM the e-mail ID or contact number of the Fiat General Manager for north India? I don't want to waste my time engaged in a legal battle in the consumer forum. Of course, I could drive the car to any other service center but this hopeless level of service is just pushing me to teach them a lesson.

Last edited by khan75 : 24th March 2010 at 22:50.
Old 24th March 2010, 23:12   #2
BHPian

Update the software yourself. It's really not that difficult.

I will PM you the software link tomorrow. Hope that's fine.
Old 24th March 2010, 23:15   #3
BHPian

Great! Thanks!

What would I need to flash it?
Old 24th March 2010, 23:21   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

I also had a terrible experience at ABS motors when i took my Punto for service last month. My thread: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...-fiat-asc.html

These guys are unprofessional at everything they do, the only thing they are serious about is asking the customer to rate them well.

This is the same service station where a fellow BHPian's Palio Adventure was stranded for months. I am still waiting for the Key i ordered last month.

@Khan: Please update us if you find a better service center, i dont want to visit this place again.
Old 25th March 2010, 00:07   #5
BHPian

I had a pretty good experience at Rama Motors (Okhla). Prior to purchasing the GP, I had driven it to Rama for a thorough check up of every part and they didn't charge a penny. Even the car handler was quite courteous.

God knows why I decided to take the car to ABS.

I guess I'm going to be heading there over the weekend to fix the rest of the niggles but first, I need to give ABS a piece of my mind.
Old 25th March 2010, 02:09   #6
BHPian

Shot off a couple of very strongly worded e-mails to different folks at Fiat. I'm counting on Fiat India to do its bit and pull up the dealer.

In any case, I will not go to ABS even if they offer to get the issues resolved.
Old 25th March 2010, 03:20   #7
BHPian

Do give Techno Motors a try it is based in Dwarka, I bought my GP from them and I really liked their service.
Old 26th March 2010, 20:56   #8
BHPian

Just had a bizarre conference call with one of the managers at Fiat and the lead service head at ABS. The guy from Fiat called, put me on hold for a minute and once he had the ABS guy online, we ran through all the faults and the guy from Fiat almost lambasted the dealership (not kidding) for not attending to the problems with my car. A new gear knob assembly and software update is being shipped to ABS immediately to rectify the problems and an appointment has been fixed for Tuesday. I wasn't keen on visiting ABS again but the guy from Fiat has assured me that nothing would go wrong this time around. *fingers crossed*
Old 26th March 2010, 21:08   #9
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by khan75 View Post
Just had a bizarre conference call with one of the managers at Fiat and the lead service head at ABS. The guy from Fiat called, put me on hold for a minute and once he had the ABS guy online, we ran through all the faults and the guy from Fiat almost lambasted the dealership (not kidding) for not attending to the problems with my car. A new gear knob assembly and software update is being shipped to ABS immediately to rectify the problems and an appointment has been fixed for Tuesday. I wasn't keen on visiting ABS again but the guy from Fiat has assured me that nothing would go wrong this time around. *fingers crossed*
Good that you have got the Call from Fiat otherwise there is Dhinga Motors also there in Gurgoan.
Old 27th March 2010, 11:48   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I hope things get sorted out. I must say though, that's pretty bizarre, in a great way.
Old 27th March 2010, 21:17   #11
BHPian

completely agree anshuman, they are only concerned about the rating.
my right sight door beading had come off and it took them over a month to get the replacement part. First time it was ordered wrong part was delivered( ABS put the blame on tata/fiat)

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
I also had a terrible experience at ABS motors when i took my Punto for service last month. My thread: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...-fiat-asc.html

These guys are unprofessional at everything they do, the only thing they are serious about is asking the customer to rate them well.

This is the same service station where a fellow BHPian's Palio Adventure was stranded for months. I am still waiting for the Key i ordered last month.

@Khan: Please update us if you find a better service center, i dont want to visit this place again.
Old 27th March 2010, 22:49   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
It is fantastic that Fiat is reacting to customer complaints so agressively..

Lets just hope the dealer delivers..
Old 3rd April 2010, 10:52   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post

Yeah I am that fellow Bhpian with my adventure.
PM me, I will try to help.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks