Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd April 2010, 13:19   #1

Contrast between Sagar Automobiles, Bannerghatta Road and RNS Motors Hosur Road,Blor

Well this is both an Appreciation mail as well as a complaint mail.
I purchased a new Swift Vdi bearing number KA 41 N 2653 from Sagar Automobiles, Bannerghatta Road, Bangalore, on March 4th 2010 was parked outside my office on April 14, 2010. Due to heavy rain in Bangalore, a coconut fell on the windshield shattering it. After office when I returned to the car, I found it shattered.

I immediately called up my dealer - Sagar Automobiles, one Mr. Venkat Reddy. He asked me to speak to Mr. Kumaresh, who was the Insurance contact person. When I called him, he sounded like he had absolutely no time to speak. I told him about the situation and he said I need to drive the vehicle in that condition from Ulsoor (near my Office) to Bannerghatta Road where the showroom is. It was raining and water was starting to leak inside and due to the shattered glass, I was unable to even drive. I asked him about the towing facility. He flatly said their tow vehicle cannot come till there and this is after office hours (it was 6:30pm). He asked me to drive down till there.
Next, I asked him how many days it would take to fix it. He said it would take 4-5 days. I requested for a standby car as i have back disc problem resulting in severe pain. He flatly refused saying no such thing will be provided. I was aghast at his behavior and tone and just kept the phone. I called up Mr. Venkat Reddy again because I had regular contact with him. Now even he said nothing can be done sounding very busy. The same person was very courteous and went out of his way before purchase. This time, he still was courteous, but not helpful.

I then called up my friend who knew a person in RNS Motors, Hosur Road. I spoke to the manager Mr. Chandrashekar, who asked if he could send his people to pick up (his showroom is in Hosur road, further away from Bannerghatta road!!). I declined and parked it in my friends place for the night. Next morning, he only called up and asked when I would be coming. I went there in the afternoon, and he welcomed me with refreshments and took me to his chamber. He asked Mr. Jagadish, the body repairs manager to do all the formalities. He arranged for a standby car - Swift and within ten minutes all the formalities were over. He handed me the keys of the standby car and assured me that it would be ready in by day after morning.
The very next day itself I got a call from Mr. Jagadish informing me about the status and the bill. And keeping up his word, the vehicle was ready on time. And when I went to collect the car, it was cleanly washed and even polished though I had not even requested for it.

Mr. Chandrashekar, Manager of RNS Hosur Road, Bangalore and also Mr. Jagadish, Body Works Manager have been extremely courteous and helpful during a difficult time and their behavior towards the customer in distress deserves a lavish praise.

On the other hand, Sagar Automobiles need to be reminded that sales isn’t the only important thing, After-Sales is more important. They would need to work on treating and understanding customer's problems better. Mr. Venkat Reddy was ok, but the same cant be said about Mr. Kumaresh. The True Value division of Sagar Automobiles though deserves praise. Mr. Vignesh was very helpful when I was selling my Wagon R and gave me a standby Maruti 800 for nearly 15 days understanding my back problems.
Old 22nd April 2010, 13:43   #2
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maveric20987 View Post
Sagar Automobiles need to be reminded that sales isn’t the only important thing, After-Sales is more important.
Even i had similar experience with their Service when i brought my Alto. I never went their after 2nd service.
Old 22nd April 2010, 14:07   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maveric20987 View Post
...On the other hand, Sagar Automobiles need to be reminded that sales isn’t the only important thing, After-Sales is more important. They would need to work on treating and understanding customer's problems better...
Good that you got a good sales experience. Mine was messed up; the sales agent there took it onto himself to decide what I need! That cheapo, a Rohit Balal, even went to the extent of taking 500Rs over the bill amount for Autocop which was fixed during delivery!

Noticed the extra payment once I reached home, decided to let go, but when that wacko messed up my extended warranty, lying to me by saying that first year is regular warranty and second year is extended warranty, I made it a point to visit him and ensure that everyone at Sagar knew of his work. Finally got the extended warranty by courier.

Never stepped into Sagar after that. It was Mandovi from then on, for a long time.
Old 22nd April 2010, 14:51   #4
BHPian

Nice to hear of your experience at RNS & pretty horrifying to hear that the Sagar guy was so rude ! Call up the Maruti helpline & register a formal complaint against Sagar. They should be firmly taken to task for the pain they have given you and this should not be allowed to happen with some other unfortunate customer.
Old 23rd April 2010, 10:19   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohang_j View Post
Even i had similar experience with their Service when i brought my Alto. I never went their after 2nd service.
I very well am not going back for the Second service there. The first time I gave my Swift for service, there was water inside the cabin and on the real speakers! I dint have the time to complain! They delivered the vehicle and ten mins into the drive i found that the wheels werent aligned properly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nirmaljusdoit View Post
Nice to hear of your experience at RNS & pretty horrifying to hear that the Sagar guy was so rude ! Call up the Maruti helpline & register a formal complaint against Sagar. They should be firmly taken to task for the pain they have given you and this should not be allowed to happen with some other unfortunate customer.
I have already written to Maruti. I'm awaiting their reply!
Dunno when they will reply!
Old 23rd April 2010, 14:22   #6
BHPian

@maveric20987- Sorry to hear they way Sagar Automobiles have responded to their customers. It's good that RNS did a good job. I can understand the situation you underwent during this process.

Maruti will surely respond to you believe me. Even I faced a similar exp with Garuda Autocraft. I have 2009 Wagon R 9I had purchased it from Garuda) and I visited Garuda service centre on K.R.Road for my 3rd free service in Feb 2010. I had an issue with HORN which was not functioning which I mentioned during the service. Unofrtunately it was not attended and I faced lot of hardhsip while driving.

In the feedback form I gave nice firing to Maruti and also warned that I will write about them in Team-BHP forum about the *** of Maruti and also gave bad rating for Garuda service. Just in 2 days I got a call from Maruti Regional office,a service manager fixed an appointment with me and came to my office along with Garuda service manager.He listened to all my problem and assured me that it will be attended very soon and apologised for whatever happened.

The very next day the service manager of Garuda came to my office and took my vehicle (gave me a standby vehicle for that day even though I was in office ) and in evening he delivered with all my issues addressed.He replaced the whole horn set without charging a pie.

I suggest you to simply call up Maruti and register the complaint. Maruti dealers should learn from this how imp is ***. Incase you need the number of the Maruti regional service manager who visited me then let me know so that you can speak with him. May be he will forward your comaplaint to the right person. But never believe this dealers they take our feedback very lightly and they will just ignore so better to catch the Company and they are very serious about "Customer Satisfaction".

Thanks for reading this long post

Regards

Sanjeev
Old 23rd April 2010, 15:39   #7
Senior - BHPian

I am shocked to hear this about Sagar. I have always serviced my car from them and I have very less complaints. I hve never tried another. They now recognise my car and say this belongs to the Mrs. It will be interesting to read about some more experiences like this here.
Old 24th April 2010, 00:38   #8
BHPian

I have been servicing my dad's ZEN with them for the last 5 years and have had no issues with them. Very courteous, prompt and attend to all the issues. Good to hear different views.
Old 26th April 2010, 10:57   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanju.iitm View Post
@maveric20987-

In the feedback form I gave nice firing to Maruti and also warned that I will write about them in Team-BHP forum about the *** of Maruti and also gave bad rating for Garuda service. Just in 2 days I got a call from Maruti Regional office,a service manager fixed an appointment with me and came to my office along with Garuda service manager.He listened to all my problem and assured me that it will be attended very soon and apologised for whatever happened.

The very next day the service manager of Garuda came to my office and took my vehicle (gave me a standby vehicle for that day even though I was in office ) and in evening he delivered with all my issues addressed.He replaced the whole horn set without charging a pie.

I suggest you to simply call up Maruti and register the complaint. Maruti dealers should learn from this how imp is ***. Incase you need the number of the Maruti regional service manager who visited me then let me know so that you can speak with him. May be he will forward your comaplaint to the right person. But never believe this dealers they take our feedback very lightly and they will just ignore so better to catch the Company and they are very serious about "Customer Satisfaction".
Yes Sanjeev, I did just that. I shot off a mail to the Maruti CRM and Day before yesterday, the Manager of Sagar Automobiles, The Senior Manager of Body Works, The Service Manager and the Customer Rep called me and said they'll come home. They came promptly and heavily apologised for what had happened. They said they fired the guy who spoke to me (Mr. Kumaresh) as they had recieved similar complaints . I dint buy it, but I would be really sad if I am the reason for someone to lose their job. And I told them not to blame the Service Advisor as he was not at fault. They duly apologised and said that they will personally look after the vehicle anytime I give it and will also give me a standby car for a Service!!!! (A welcome change!) It looked like they had received a humongous dressing down from the Company people. One guy looked so distraught that he could hardly speak.

But they seemed to have realised how the customers feel and what they go through during times of distress. Maruti definitely deserves a kudos for ensuring that those who have received bad treatment from the dealers will not be subject to the same by the company. Their CRM absolutely rocks. I honestly did not expect such a swift reply even after reading other reviews here.

Their Company CRM will ensure that they will remain market leaders for a long time to come. I'm very pleased.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince_pervez View Post
I am shocked to hear this about Sagar. I have always serviced my car from them and I have very less complaints. I hve never tried another. They now recognise my car and say this belongs to the Mrs. It will be interesting to read about some more experiences like this here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by harendra View Post
I have been servicing my dad's ZEN with them for the last 5 years and have had no issues with them. Very courteous, prompt and attend to all the issues. Good to hear different views.
Their sales and true-value divison is brilliant. One Mr. Venkat Reddy of the sales team went out of the way to help, ditto to Mr. Narayan of the Service Dept. and Mr. Vignesh of the True Value actually gave me a standby car for 15 days. I just hope its an one off incident and doesnt repeat cuz I dint have a great 1st service either. I found water traces on my Rockford Fosgate rear speakers!
Old 10th May 2012, 16:47   #10
BHPian

Re: Contrast between Sagar Automobiles, Bannerghatta Road and RNS Motors Hosur Road,B

I have a very good experience with Sagar Auto people, both in sales and service. In time of sales I interacted with Mr. Muthuraj and was mighty impressed with is behavior, he patiently answered all my queries and even came to my house to give me the service booklet as I had mistakenly left it at their showroom in time of delivery.
While servicing my Ritz VDI I interact with Mr. Raghu and he has also impressed me a lot, he takes very personal car and sees that all the things requested are neatly done and even calls me periodically to check how the car is doing.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks