Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 6th May 2010, 16:13   #1
BHPian

Swift VDI ABS-difficulty getting delivery from Magic Auto Dwarka. Edit: Now Delivered

[Writing on my friend's behalf who is not on team-bhp yet - requesting earnest help for him]

Hi,

Presenting my case as plain and simple as I can.

I booked a Swift VDI ABS from Magic Auto Sec-13 Dwarka, New Delhi on 1st Feb 2010. They informed the time taken can be around 3 months and so estimated delivery was 1st May. I paid a boking amount of 5K and got a receipt and also a customer ID and a booking ID number (I don't know what to do with these numbers). Also, I was advised by salesperson that if I have contact in Maruti I can get delivery in 15 days; however, I did not try that . Also, I am not taking any loan for this car.

Now, my 3 months are over and when I checked the status I was asked to pay the amount first with the assurance that 10 days after that I can get the car. However, I demanded that they show me the car first (in godown/showroom) which I will verify to my satisfaction and then I will make the payment and they can deliver the same after regirstration and cheque clearing (2-3 days thereafter). I talked to salesperson, his team leader and his manager. No luck. Instead, they are showing what big a favor they did to me by booking in just 5K. Per them, people easily offer full/half amount before seeing the car as a normal practice. And assured me that if I find any fault in the car I can get it replaced or also the money can be refunded. (I am not ready to go with the word of mouth)

I am not in the favor of paying the full or half amount without even seeing the car. They tell me that if I find any issue with scratches, dents, electronics etc they can get me a replacement but they want money first because without the money they can't get the car from Maruti. In doing so they would have to pay full amount from their side and recover the same from me.

This post has already gone quite huge. Let me know what other information you need to assess this situation. Please advise me the apt way to get this sorted . I do not want to see my 3 months wait resulting in a 5K loss :(

Regards,
Jiimbaa
Old 6th May 2010, 19:08   #2
BHPian

I booked my car for Rs. 5000/- and paid the rest when I got the car. Infact the car was delivered much earlier than the payment was in their account. Cheques had been issued and realized, but it would had taken a day or two for the same to get reflected on their account. Still they delivered the car.

My car was already present with the dealer.
My car Ritz ZXI
My car dealer : Competent Automobiles (Ghazipur)

Last edited by anupamsinha : 6th May 2010 at 19:09.
Old 6th May 2010, 22:31   #3
BHPian

Thanks Anupam for replying.

Hi all team bhpians,

Please help me and advise what options do I have at this juncture -

1. Do I try and get a 5K refund from magic auto and go for another dealer for VDI ABS (with another 3 months waiting)?
2. Shall I go for a non-waiting car like Ritz (diesel?)?
3. Shall I continue and pressurise magic auto to give me a delivery within next 10 days but take money at the time of delivery?
4. Shall I dial maruti customer care to with my customer ID and booking ID and find out where my car is?
5. Any other option?

Please povide any judicious help, that you can! Looking forward to quick response because I want to get done with this issue over the weekend.

Thanks,
Jiimbaa
Old 7th May 2010, 09:13   #4
Senior - BHPian

VDi ABS in 3 months - he must be jokin brother. The sad reality is that its just not happening. Its the supply, nothing much the dealer can do on that!!
Old 7th May 2010, 09:30   #5
BHPian

You should dial Maruti with these details, or better still contact the Regional Manager - Sales in the Maruti office.They will be able to gove you a better idea on when they can dispatch your car from the factory. I had to wait for 4 months in Bangalore to get the car in 2008 and that too because of corporate booking whereas all the other dealers were quoting 6 months!
Old 7th May 2010, 12:12   #6
Senior - BHPian

Talk to Maruti Customer Care to find out where your Car is. Depending on this info we may be able to take appropriate steps. Is it mentioned in your receipt that this 5000/- is refundable ?
Old 7th May 2010, 14:31   #7
BHPian

@ phamilyman, Going by the situation at hand, i guess 3 months time line could be a problem that's why i am apprehensive on paying the amount first as i doubt they will deliver the car within 10 days.

@ mtnrajdeep & scopriobharath, Thanks. I will contact Maruti directly to know the status.
Old 7th May 2010, 15:45   #8
Senior - BHPian

Hey you could parallelly try this. Go to your Other Maruti Dealer and ask him about a VDI ABS. If his advance is 100% refundable, heck go ahead and book one. 5000 should be a negligible sum in a 7-8 Lakh Car. Anyways it is refundable (If at All we pay)

Did you check the offer of the other dealer while you were doing the ground-work. Book with the other dealer if the responses are not concrete and binding. A VDI is an easy seller for the dealer. He would not have any overhead unlike he would have had on a versa. so it whoud not be a problem.

Let us know the update of what Maruti had to say
Old 7th May 2010, 22:44   #9
BHPian

Contacted maruti (Anytime maruti) care. The guy took all my details - car model, dealer name, booking amount, cheque number, booking date, promised delivery date, my name, email id, mobile number and what not! Asked me if this is a complaint against the dealer or an inquiry. I said I wanted to inquire the status of my car's delivery. He was unable to advise me and said only the dealer can give those details. He raised a complaint and gave me the number. I also got the regional office numbers, which I can only call 10am-5pm on weekdays. Also, the customer executive was not in a position to advise me if its ok or not to pay full/half amount in advance 10 days before the promised delivery. However, I inquired that the dealer is actually an authorized one. Also, he confirmed to me that only dealers can advise on actual delivery status but this information is not with maruti care.

I am now all very confused. I will try to talk to regional office on Monday. But I am not looking forward to go to my dealer in the weekend since I do not have full information from Maruti yet.

@scorpiobharath - the receipt doesn't state refundable. Also, allotment number is left blank on the receipt. I will talk to other dealers in the meantime and find out booking/delivery process and advance/post delivery payment details. Also, what waiting they are assuring for delivery. I agree that 5K is negligible and can go to another more assured dealer if it is advisable.

Hi ALL,

Please pour in your expert advices and help me out.

Regards,
Jiimbaa
Old 8th May 2010, 03:15   #10
Senior - BHPian

Dear Jiimbaa

What the dealer has told you is a lie. If he has to pay the full amount to Maruti in advance to get a car (and that he gets from buyers in advance!), how do people buy cars off the shelf (ones which don't have a booking period)?

Also IMHO, it would have been prudent to tell the Maruti customer care person that it was a complaint, not an enquiry. I doubt they would be able to tell you the delivery status anyway. Please call them again with a complaint and as mentioned in a few other threads, they might just get the dealer to deliver your car without this arm-twisting exercise.

IIRC, there was an ownership thread of a Ritz where the dealer promptly bought one from another dealer and gave to the customer within 3 days, because he had made an enquiry call to the Maruti customer care line.

I understand there is a huge waiting list for the Swift diesel, but making full payment 10 days in advance, that too without seeing the car is too much!

Last edited by Viju : 8th May 2010 at 03:17.
Old 8th May 2010, 04:37   #11
Distinguished - BHPian

The least painful way to acquire a VDi ABS is to pay a premium. The premium ranges anywhere between 10-20k Rupees. And you may be surprised to take the delivery from the same dealer.

The other option is to wait for a realistic time of 6 months, not 3 months as quoted by the dealer. Both the dealer and MSIL should be blamed for long waiting period.
Old 11th May 2010, 21:18   #12
BHPian

Achievement

Hi all,

Thanks for all the help / advice / good wishes. I got it

Yes, my new and very own swift vdi (abs) is parked outside and I am loving it. It all happened at an accelerated pace and in 2 days I got the car. Just hard to believe what wonders a single call to maruti customer care can do.

Details and pictures to follow ... in another forum.

Once again, thanks a lot. Team-bhp rocks!

Regards,
Jiimbaa
Old 11th May 2010, 21:25   #13
Team-BHP Support

Congrats santsharan

Looking forward to a detailed ownership report. I am closing this thread and updating the thread title.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks