Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships

Search this Thread
Old 22nd May 2010, 13:32   #1
BHPian

Nippon A.s.s

MY Baleno VXi is now 5 yrs old and came fitted with Nippon remote locking system and Power antenna for radio. This thread is just to inform the forum about the good A.S.S. they have provided me till now. If there is thread on Nippon elsewhere MODs please merge this thread.

1. A year and a half back my remote for central locking was acting up so I gave a call to my Maruti dealership. they prompltly gave me the number of Nippon a.s.s. centre in Delhi NOIDA. I gave them a call and a rep landed up in an hour. I explained the problem to him and he understood it correctly, knew about the system and rectified it within half an hour. He then gave me a new remote changed the battery of duplicate remote and and charged nothing as the system was still under warranty.

2. My power antenna was acting up for over a year however I kept it going by applying WD-40 every now and then. However yesterday the antenna failed to extend and I got burning smell inside the cabin. Checked the antenna motor, it was very hot to touch. So disconnected the power antenna power supply and contacted some car accessory shops to assess the cost of replacing. They estimated around 2000 Rs for an original replacement. Finally gave a call to Maruti dealership expecting that they will quote an astronomical price for a replacement. However they promptly gave me Nippon a.s.s. number saying that the antenna unit is provided by nippon. Again I called up Nippon expecting some reply like - Sir this out of stock as your vehicle is discontinued. OR Sir the new replacement costs 3000 Rs etc. However the operator said Sir somebody will visit your place within an hour. He will collect the unit and we will get the motor repaired. I asked the cost - Sir it will not cost more than 1000 Rs. The rep came within an hour as promised and took the unit with him. He told me that the unit will go to NOIDA for repair and therefore will be returned in a week.

I was pleasantly surprised. Nowadays the dealers don't want to provide A.S.S. to a recently purchased product and here is a company whose product is fitted in another company's car which is discontinued and still the a.s.s. is outstanding.

I hope other companies learn from them.
Old 22nd May 2010, 14:44   #2
Senior - BHPian

I too had a Nippon security system fitted onto my earlier M800. The service guy came all the way from Andheri W (opp Shoppers' Stop) to my residence to fix an issue that took less than five minutes. No charges as the system was under warranty. The dealer had not provided me with a booklet/manual on operating the security system, so I probed the service engineer and he showed me the settings through the remote as well. Overall one of the best services I have had (Batmobile still takes the cake here).
Old 5th July 2012, 21:25   #3

Re: Nippon A.s.s

Can you pass me the name of the Nippon service centre in Mumbai, as my nippon remote locking on my Xylo has gone for a toss due to some reason and there is no alarm anymore. Have been trying to locate them for quite some time.
Old 6th July 2012, 18:19   #4
Senior - BHPian

Does anyone know of Nippon service center in Kerala? Our Baleno is stranded in the road side parking, with the remote key not working. Changed the battery of the remote, but no use. The second remote key was dead long back. Will a M.A.S.S. be of any help?
Old 6th July 2012, 18:23   #5
Distinguished - BHPian

Will check the details of the service centre and provide it shortly, but I dont understand why the car is stranded. Cant you manually open the car and use it? If you are worried about the alarm firing, you could open the car, dart towards the central lock module and disconnect the main connector. If you know where it is located, you could do it within a minute.

Else open the car, then bonnet and disconnect siren. Job done within a minute again

Last edited by audioholic : 6th July 2012 at 18:24.
Old 6th July 2012, 18:36   #6
Senior - BHPian

The immobilizer wont allow the key to crank, if the car was locked remotely earlier and manually opened later. I had tried it earlier. The siren won't last more than 5 min.
Old 6th July 2012, 19:51   #7
Distinguished - BHPian

Oh I thought yours was the one that is usually found in current vehicles. Immobiliser and security system are different components now and so I gave the method. I extracted the Kerala service centres of Nippon service centres from the manual of my SX4's security system:

KOTTAYAM: RHYTHM ELECTRONICS
13/1091, Erayilkadavu.
Tel.: 09895365684

CALICUT: SONYC VISION
Shabari Building, S-5 / 2142,
Wayanad Road.
Tel.:(0495)-3113667/2761567

COCHIN: CP AUTO IMPEX
33/2380/A5, Near Kerala Auto Garage,
Vaishali Bus Stop,
Chakkaraparamvu, Thammanam P.O.
Tel.: (0484)-2805557

TRIVANDRUM: CP AUTO IMPEX
Opp. S.B.T. Kesavadasapuram
Thiruvananthapuram.
Tel.: (0471)-2551855
audioholic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th July 2012, 20:36   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
I extracted the Kerala service centres of Nippon service centres from the manual of my SX4's security system:
Though a Maruti On-road Service (MOS) disarmed the central locking in below an hour, the issue seemed multi-fold. The battery was found completely drained. I guess dad had left the lights on (more likely) or it was drained by the alarm (less likely as the battery was going strong and the siren does not sound lately). The MOS has advised to keep the car running for an hour to get the charge back. I kept the car running and checked Team-BHP to find this thread - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...ernator-2.html. Went back and immediately shut it down.

Thanks for the quick help. I anyway need to change the siren too.

Last edited by thoma : 6th July 2012 at 20:44.

Most Viewed