Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th May 2010, 17:56   #1
BHPian

Regent Auto (Chevrolet dealer) gave my allocated car to someone else!

Dear team bhpians

I would like to share my experience of dealing with Regent auto a Chevrolet car dealer in Delhi with you.
On the 25th of April I had booked a Diamond white Cruze LTZ Automatic and was promised delivery in 4-5 weeks.On the 10th of May I called the dealer to enwuire status of my car and he told me that he is not getting an automatic vehicle from the plant and that the next cruze of my colour/choice he recieves will be for me.
I did not call him every day as I thought he was doing his job well but I used to call him oncce in 3-4 days and ask for an update and everytime I used to hear the same 'NO'.
On the 24th of May the Delhi Government declared an increase in tax from 3% to 10% which increased my car cost by over 1lakh rupees so I called him and asked him if there was any chance of me getting the car before the 1st of june and he said no and I thought that its the government tha is increasing the taxes and its not chevrolet who have increased the price so I asked to let me know whenever my car arrives in June.He kept on telling me that every dealer is getting only 2 automatic cruze per month and they have recieved 2 automatics in different colours in may already so my car would come in june.This concept of every dealer getting only 2 automatics per month was against commonsense but I took his word for it.
On the 29th of May I thought of buying the manual version only as I already have 2 automatics and so I went to the showroom to find out which all colours were readily available in the manual version and when I went to the showroom I was shocked to see a diamond white Cruze automatic getting ready for delivery and I presumed it was for me as every person at the dealership had been telling me that the next cruze in the same colour and transmission will be for me.
I went inside the showroom and met my salesman and he was shocked to see me!!When asked about the car he told me that it was not for me and was for someone else.I got very angry and asked him to only show me the booking form of the person to whom the car is being delivered and if his booking date is prior to that of mine then I will not say anything and take my car in june at the hiked prices without any fuss but he did not show me the form and instead spoke in a rude manner with me and my mom and said it is there decision to whomsoever the give the car first.This frustrated me and I gave him a good piece of my mind.In the manner in which he spoke was enough for me to cancel my booking and to speak to him in the same rude tone.After arguing with them the spelled out the truth :-My car is being delivered to the transport commissioner , after hearing this I knew now nothing could be done and I came back home after 2 hours of argument and I saw that person take away my car in front of me and I have promised to myself that I will not spare that guy.

The only reason why I have cancelled my delivery and will be taking action against him is the way in which he spoke and what he spoke "Hamari marzi hain hum kisko gadi pehle denge"

All that is over now and I have booked Cruze automatic in the atlantis blue colour which is being delivered tomorrow.
Is this colour good aswell as I never liked it in the first look but my dad and friends like it and it was own decision to buy this as it is for my personal use.

I could have bought the cruze automatic in diamond white from another dealership as well but now I dont have the patience to wait for another 2 months and so I have gone ahead with this though he was giving me a manual car in the diamond white colour but I chose automatic over colour as it is a boon in the daily Delhi traffic.
I hope I have made the correct decision and maybe this colour will grow on me and I will start admiring it as I pass time with this beauty.
Now I am all set for the delivery tomorrow.

I request all fellow mates to never do any dealing with Regent auto,he is a big cheat and will always keep you in the dark.
I need your support and advice guys

Thank you a lot
Old 30th May 2010, 22:34   #2
BHPian

So you actually dealt with the same dealer? That is strange. But, yes, quite disheartening.
Old 30th May 2010, 22:58   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhipuru16 View Post
So you actually dealt with the same dealer? That is strange. But, yes, quite disheartening.
@ np23: I live thousands of kms away from New Delhi, but I wunder what prevents you from approaching another dealer. Some of them may be in a position to deliver a diamond white in less than 2 months perhaps.
Old 30th May 2010, 23:02   #4
Senior - BHPian

You have your car but have you given thought of escalating the matter with the Chevy people? Maybe you still might get some thing to soothe the heartache.
Old 30th May 2010, 23:08   #5
BHPian

To all my frineds
@abhipuru16 :-I have booked my car from another dealer (Metro chevrolet)
I cannot stand those people at the previous dealer any more.
@Sandeepmdas :-I've checked with all chevrolet dealers in Delhi and this is the only one who has an automatic cruze available .I've checked with 4 more dealers.
@wanderernomad:-Once I get my car by tomorrow evening hopefully then I will definitely complain this matter to the chevy authority.I come from a family of lawyers and I very well know how to tackle such unprofessional,unethical and fraud people!!
Old 5th June 2010, 16:52   #6
Senior - BHPian

Escalate the matter immediately to GM directly, mentioning the name of the salesman along with the dealer. And take these guys to court. They have no right to do what they did. They should pay for abusing you.

Last edited by vivekgk : 5th June 2010 at 16:55.
Old 13th October 2010, 21:21   #7
BHPian

Can't say I'm surprised. Regent Auto is quite bad! Be careful at the service center. Especially the Okhla one. We create a hissy fit every time the car goes there for service. We're probably one of the few customers who are allowed inside the workshop. The other cars are barely washed and cleaned and sent back without work carried out. It's quite horrific. And my warranty is well over and now the car rarely goes to the GM workshop.
Old 14th October 2010, 15:25   #8
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by np23 View Post
After arguing with them the spelled out the truth :-My car is being delivered to the transport commissioner , after hearing this I knew now nothing could be done and I came back home after 2 hours of argument and I saw that person take away my car in front of me and I have promised to myself that I will not spare that guy.

Thank you a lot
Hey np sorry to hear about your experience with the dealership. But you know just think about the way our country works. I am not trying to defend the dealer whatsoever. But for a second put yourself in there shoes. The transport commissioner comes to your showroom and demands the car and there is no way the dealer would not oblige even if he has to bear with an angry customer later and lose business. Thats very sad but true. It happens with each one of us every now and then.
But the way they talked to you is really unacceptable. I am sure if they would have been polite and helpful you would have had a much better experience even with a different colour.
Old 8th December 2011, 13:58   #9
BHPian

Re: Regent Auto (Chevrolet dealer) gave my allocated car to someone else!

Quote:
Originally Posted by np23 View Post
Dear team bhpians

I would like to share my experience of dealing with Regent auto a Chevrolet car dealer in Delhi with you.
Which Regent are you talking about ? the one on Mathura Road or Faridabad?

I am in talks with Regent on Mathura Road...

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks