Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: I have personally used their services and i would rate them as :
Highly Recommended 5 50.00%
Recommended 3 30.00%
NOT Recommended 2 20.00%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 11th June 2010, 16:29   #1
Senior - BHPian

MASS- Vitesse Pvt. Ltd., (Prabhadevi, Mumbai)

Services offered:

* Maintenance and Repair of Maruti-Suzuki make vehicles.
* Dealer attached workshop, authorised to carry out warranty repairs.

What I like:

* One of the oldest Maruti Suzuki dealer/workshop combine. I am a customer at Vitesse almost throughout my Swift ownership over the past 4 years.
* Great workmanship. Haven't had a loose end yet, other than my stereo speaker install.
* Short lead times from the minute I enter the reception area, even at 8.30 AM
* Good stock of spares, never had to wait for replacements.
* Honest service advisors and mechanics, never tried to hard sell me anything. Never had any surprises in the bill either.
* Punctual.

What I don't like:

* Workshop area too congested. Surrounded by buildings on all sides so no scope for expansion. Invariably leads to a scratch or so every once in a while. Though they take care of it without much fuss. Entrance to workshop ultra narrow.

Pricing: Maruti Suzuki regulated pricing.

Speciality / USP: Good workmanship and honesty.

Contact Information

- Phone numbers: 2422.9747 / 2422.3933 / 2421.3131
- Postal Address: 77A, Palky Gully, Off. Veer Savarkar Marg, Prabhadevi,
Mumbai - 400025
- Helpful landmarks / directions: Heading towards suburbs from South Mumbai, take a left after passing Vijay Sales, opposite Siddhivinayak Temple. The left just before Indian Oil pump. On the corner is Indian Rare Earth Ltd.

Last edited by Rehaan : 11th June 2010 at 20:09.
Old 11th June 2010, 20:20   #2
Senior - BHPian

I vouch for this service centre too. I ALWAYS give my Zen there. Gave my Esteem there for 9 years, and also gave my earlier 800 there.
They are good.
@ported: Which service advisor do you recommend??
Old 11th June 2010, 20:51   #3
BHPian

I'm a satisfied and loyal customer of Vitesse too. Though I stay at Navi Mumbai I bought both of my cars (a Zen- now sold and the Ritz) from their Worli showroom and serviced at the Prabhadevi workshop. Their service actually compelled me to buy another car from the same showroom instead buying the same from Navi Mumbai. Now I have a very good rapport with my Service Advisor Prakash.

True, they don't have any place for expansion and the approach road is narrow too. But their service is top class.
Old 12th June 2010, 14:36   #4
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Used them for my Zen & Esteem. Vitesse has got to be the best Maruti workshop in Bombay by far. In fact, they've given me amongst the most satisfying after-sales experience of any brand (including cars a segment above Marutis).
Old 12th June 2010, 15:07   #5
Senior - BHPian

My dad was a regular there since my MFC 9009 (Maruti 800)
There is a person out there called Mr. Bed who is actually heading that workshop (and the others in Mumbai, I think) and he recognized my dad once by this car number. It was a heartening experience to see a head in the administration actually knowing what the officials under him are doing. All said and done, it's a great place that has maintained (and even upped) their standards over the years
Old 12th June 2010, 15:09   #6
Senior - BHPian

I have booked my sx4 for servicing at the Andheri workshop of Vitesse going bythe feed back on T-BHP and GTO's recommendation. will post a detailed experience when I am done with the service. Mumbai roads seem to have finally taken a toll on my car with a couple of rattles creeping in from the dashboeard and passenger side A pillar.
Old 12th June 2010, 16:05   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankmehta View Post
@ported: Which service advisor do you recommend??
Frank, for the last two times, I have had Mr. Prakash attend to my vehicle. Very soft spoken guy who has been with the workshop for 10+ years. Though, frankly I have never asked for a particular service advisor, and haven't experienced differently, yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankmehta View Post
My dad was a regular there since my MFC 9009 (Maruti 800)
There is a person out there called Mr. Bed who is actually heading that workshop (and the others in Mumbai, I think) and he recognized my dad once by this car number. It was a heartening experience to see a head in the administration actually knowing what the officials under him are doing. All said and done, it's a great place that has maintained (and even upped) their standards over the years
You got it, Mr. Baid seems to be running a very tight ship! I was once awaiting the for the cleaning guys to finish wiping my car after the wash. Mr. Baid was around, he didn't like the way it was being done, and he took the cloth from the cleaning guy and showed him how to wipe it himself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaddiwale View Post
I'm a satisfied and loyal customer of Vitesse too. Though I stay at Navi Mumbai I bought both of my cars (a Zen- now sold and the Ritz) from their Worli showroom and serviced at the Prabhadevi workshop. Their service actually compelled me to buy another car from the same showroom instead buying the same from Navi Mumbai. Now I have a very good rapport with my Service Advisor Prakash.

True, they don't have any place for expansion and the approach road is narrow too. But their service is top class.
It is funny that you say this, because couple of days back my father and I were discussing a possible change in vehicle. I suggested we look within the Maruti range since we got a great place to service it at.
Old 1st December 2010, 20:26   #8
Senior - BHPian

My dzire VDI is going to be due for 20K servicing shortly. 17+K now but with a bangy trip scheduled this month I would be aiming for a date around 29/30.
Few Questions for the experienced here:
Does vitesse prabhadevi allow you to bring your own oils for change?
Does he allow you to see the servicing going on? I stay in colaba and would like to drive the car there and back after service.
Old 30th December 2010, 08:07   #9
Senior - BHPian

Re: MASS- Vitesse Pvt. Ltd., (Prabhadevi, Mumbai)

got my 20k km servicing done here on 27 dec and it was overall a good experience. Honest work all details noted down and on time delivery. will post on my long term review of my car the details of the pricing and breake up of costs.m
Old 30th December 2010, 14:39   #10
BHPian

Vitesse has been a great place to get your car work done and I am saying this not because I have got my car serviced out there but because of first hand experiences I have heard from people working for Vitesse under Mr Baid. He is a hard task master and this is why Vitesse has been able to run so well. He will not tolerate any indiscipline and has been asset out there for the management. Hats off to him for managing a great show.

Given a chance I would have loved to work with him but I had to leave my job at another MASS to join our family business so never got a chance to join vitesse.

Mansi
Old 30th December 2010, 15:04   #11
BHPian

Have been going there for approx 5 years now ( Earlier for my Alto and now for my Dzire).
Excellent MASS and they do a good job.

Undoubtedly one of the best MASS in Mumbai
Old 8th May 2011, 13:07   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaddiwale View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by ported_head View Post
Frank, for the last two times, I have had Mr. Prakash attend to my vehicle. Very soft spoken guy who has been with the workshop for 10+ years. Though, frankly I have never asked for a particular service advisor, and haven't experienced differently, yet.

You got it, Mr. Baid seems to be running a very tight ship! I was once awaiting the for the cleaning guys to finish wiping my car after the wash. Mr. Baid was around, he didn't like the way it was being done, and he took the cloth from the cleaning guy and showed him how to wipe it himself.

It is funny that you say this, because couple of days back my father and I were discussing a possible change in vehicle. I suggested we look within the Maruti range since we got a great place to service it at.
Prakash is a great guy. Used to get my Zen serviced from him for a couple of years. simple, down to earth guy. Infact all their old timers have that vibe.
Old 12th May 2011, 21:03   #13
BHPian

Gave my Swift Vxi (47K Km done) for servicing today. The service advisor was Rajesh.

Decent advice which saved me some money although he did try hard selling me a few things I didn't need.

Delivery was slightly delayed. There was a slight scratch which I hadn't noticed in the morning. Touch up didn't happen due to 'colour not being available'.Also, got interior 3M treatment done and I still noticed that the carpet wasn't fully clean. They took fifteen minutes more and got that done when I pointed out. Rajesh pestered me for a rating of 9 or 10 out of 10.

All in all, a decent experience, will go back - got the car back in good shape. However, I like the Linkway Honda service far more.

Last edited by d_himan : 12th May 2011 at 21:12.
Old 18th November 2012, 17:40   #14
BHPian

Vitesse I feel is good but not superb. I have experienced kinks in their service. However, I have done almost all my services there and shall go there for future services too, because I had a terrible experience with the only other service center that I visited at Panvel. Surely, Maruti needs to pay visits to its authorised service centers in Mumbai and Navi Mumbai to pull up the standards.
Old 29th October 2013, 19:43   #15

Pathatic Sales Experience at Vitesse Showroom, Worli

Moderator note: Post edited to remove [Font] tags. Please use Preview before posting. Thanks.

Let me share my worst Purchase experience at Vitesse Showroom, Worli, while buying Maruti Suzuki Ertiga Vxi CNG.

After learning much about Vitesse, I decided to buy my T-Permit Ertiga Vxi CNG from Vitesse Showroom at Worli, Mumbai. So on 26th August, 2013, I came to Vitesse for checking Price of Maruti Suzuki Ertiga Vxi CNG with discount, if any. Receptionist asked Sales Executive, MR.SUSHANT PEDNEKAR, (Mobile No: 9870203914), to attend me. I clearly told that I am planning to start a Car-on-Rent business & do not have any legal document, to book the car. He informed me that Gumasta License, issued by BMC, is a must to buy any T-Permit car, as Gumasta is required for Registration of the vehicle. He advised me to book a car with Rs.50,000/- as token amount. He also informed me that it is extremely difficult to obtain Gumasta (License under Maharashtra Shop & Establishment Act) from Municipal Corporation. So Sales Executive, MR.SUSHANT PEDNEKAR, advised me to go for FAKE GUMASTA License for the Registration purpose. He even contacted his friend for FAKE GUMASTA charges. He told me that his friend is ready to give FAKE GUMASTA for Rs.3,000/- in just one day. I straight away denied his ‘offer’ to go for FAKE DOCUMENT as I never do such kind of bogus & illegal thing. I informed him that I will obtain ORIGINAL Gumasta from Municipal Corporation through legal process. But still MR.SUSHANT PEDNEKAR, kept on requesting me for going for Fake Document. The Offer which I never accepted.

I wonder Whether Vitesse support such kind of illegal & fake documentation? Whether Vitesse ask its Sales Executives to advise their clients, to go for Fake Documents, for registration purpose?

Now We discussed about Pricing. The Total Price of Maruti Ertiga Vxi CNG was Rs.8,34,822/-. The Company Discount was Rs.7,000/-. So Gross Price was Rs.8,27,822/-. When I asked him Whether he can give additional discount & freebies? MR.SUSHANT PEDNEKAR, promptly offered me additional Cash Discount of Rs.5,000/- & freebies like Reverse Parking Sensors with Display & Mattings. He informed me that Net Purchase Price will be Rs.8,22,822/- and this will not be changed under any circumstances. He further added that this Cash Discount of Rs.5,000/-, which he had offered, will be adjusted from my Token amount. As I was going to buy this car on Outright basis, I decided to go ahead with this fantastic offer. So immediately on next day, 27th August, 2013, I booked my Ertiga Vxi CNG with Rs.50,000/-.

Immediately applied for Gumasta (License under Maharashtra Shop & Establishment Act) with Municipal Corporation and obtained the Original within 7 days. On 7th September, 2013, when I came to give Copy of Original Gumasta, I asked MR.SUSHANT PEDNEKAR, Whether they have any Ertiga Vxi CNG in stock as I was ready to make balance payment of Rs.7,75,822/- in one shot. He denied it as there was no car in stock & I will have to wait till 17th September, 2013 for new stock to come in. So I decided to take delivery on the auspicious day of Dasaraa, 13th October, 2013.
Meanwhile I kept on making payments, visited Stockyard at Khopoli, when car came there, gave Original Documents such as Gumasta & Original Rubber Stamps for Registration of Car, to MR.SUSHANT PEDNEKAR. As date of delivery coming near & car was inspected at Stockyard, I made a final payment of Rs.3,22,822/- on 5th October, 2013. At that time also MR.SUSHANT PEDNEKAR confirmed that there is now NO OUTSTANDING on my account and Car will be delivered on Dasaraa i.e. Sunday 13th October, 2013 with pre-decided installed freebies/ accessories.

On Friday 11th October, 2013 at around 22:33 hrs, I suddenly got SMS from Vitesse Sales Executive, MR.SUSHANT PEDNEKAR, asking me to pay Rs.50000/- outstanding by 11 a.m. next day. He gave pretty reasons such as discount was less in September, Insurance Price went up. He installed accessories worth Rs.9, 000/- (Parking Sensors & Simple Mats are worth Rs.9000/- at Maruti???). Then he suddenly realized that it was his fault & emotionally SMSed me that if I won’t pay then it would be deducted from his Salary. He kept on asking me to pay Rs.5,000/- till midnight.

I wonder Whether Maruti Representative can demand non-agreed Outstanding in the midnight? Whether Is it policy of VITESSE to disturb customer in the midnight , for demanding money? What this Sales Representative, MR.SUSHANT PEDNEKAR, was doing since September, about my accounts? Why he didn’t informed me When I used to go to make payment? And just a day before delivery, in the midnight, he realizes that he has made a mistake & start demanding money from me like Collection Agent, who calls in odd hours??? In this manner Vitesse sells the cars to customers & demand money in the midnight??? I am enclosing Photos of SMSes for your reference. You can cross-verify with the Sent SMSes of MR.SUSHANT PEDNEKAR.

As I didn’t wanted to spoil my mood, I decided to pay Rs.5,000/- additional, as demanded by MR.SUSHANT PEDNEKAR in the last midnight. So On Saturday 12th October, 2013, I visited Vitesse Showroom, Worli to make payment. But again I was shocked when MR.SUSHANT PEDNEKAR, demanded additional Rs.578/- from me stating that price quoted by him, was not correct. It was absolutely rude, unwarranted experience. He was just demanding more & more money, without showing me any document. At that point I straight away refused to pay Rs.578/- as demanded by MR.SUSHANT PEDNEKAR and paid Rs.5,000/- in cash. So he offered me Bluetooth from Vitesse. He also assured me that on next day, he will handover all the Original Documents & Original Stamps at the time of Delivery.

On the Day of Delivery, I came across with another shocking incidence. While explaining about Car Manual, one respected Madam informed me that Car was run only 80 kms. But When I actually started the Car, I found that Car was run for 108 kms. 28 kms extra. I promptly informed MR.SUSHANT PEDNEKAR, who ignored my point. He again didn’t kept his promise. He didn’t gave me Original Documents & Original Stamps at the time of Delivery.

As I wanted Original Stamps & Documents for banking process, after making so many SMSes & Calls to MR.SUSHANT PEDNEKAR, on 19st October, 2013, I had to collect the same from Kora Kendra, Borivali, where Vitesse’s marketing event was going on.

I never expected such kind of pathatic experience from Vitesse, Worli. Hope they will improve their sales service.

Last edited by Jaggu : 29th October 2013 at 20:42.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks