Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th June 2010, 19:25   #1
BHPian

NCR Ford. - First experience with FORD and perhaps....

Hello,
This is my first thread on Team BHP. Before reading here on T-Bhp all I knew about Ford was bad after sales service and costly parts in short very expensive to maintain cars. After reading so many threads, ownership reports about Fiesta I really wanted to do a TD as so much was spoken about Fiesta’s performance and handling.
So this week I was at a friend’s place for group studies (my exams were on) in Faridabad on my way back I stopped in front of NCR Ford. Surprisingly, the main gate was closed. I had to ask the guard whether the showroom was open because the place was so deserted and he nodded positively. I parked my car outside the dealership and walked in. I was welcomed by a receptionist and I told her I wanted to do a TD of Fiesta. She called in a sales rep. The guy was a nice person we shook hands and he provided me with the brochure and price list. The first question I asked him was about Fiesta 1.6S and he told me the model is discontinued. I was surprised because I didn’t know that. But he told me you can have the spoiler, new pattern alloys, side skirts as dealer accessories. He then asked me which car I wanted to TD and I told him petrol Fiesta. He went in to get the keys for the car, when he returned he told me “Sir, Fiesta petrol toh Delhi gayi hui hai” I was surprised again (Many more surprises to come) so he offered me a TD of 1.4 TDCi and I agreed.
He came back along with the keys this time and we went for a drive. At the showroom DTE meter read 24km. We were on Mathura Road and I asked him if we could go on the parallel road (CITM waali road) and he agreed. That parallel road is just amazing to drive on, it is usually empty at odd hours and really enjoyable due to corners, uphill and downhill all along the road. Just as I took a left from NHPC Chowk I felt small power loss when I pushed the accelerator, as we continued i felt the same power loss again twice like the engine is not running at all so I informed the sales rep about the same and he gave me a silly reason “Sir, car ki service due thi 30,000km par islie aisa ho raha hai”
After 8-10 minutes of drive the AC wasn’t very cool enough and again the same reason was given “Sir, car ki service due thi 30,000km par islie aisa ho raha hai”

THE METERE READING WAS 33296km
NCR Ford. - First experience with FORD and perhaps....-pic-1.jpg

And immediately the car stalled in the middle of the road the DTE meter now read 18km while we were just about 2km from the showroom. I tried to start the car again and was able to get it running in about couple of tries. As we were just about to reach the parallel road the car stalled again like it just refused to go on, I switched on the hazard lights. I had to crank the engine 8-10 times before it could start again and in the mean time he called up showroom and told them the car has stopped in the middle of the TD, I showed him the low fuel warning lamp light glowing and he indicated the DTE meter to me and said “Sir, abhi toh 16km aur chalegi”.
Finally somehow the car again came to life and we decided we should head back to the showroom the sales rep switched off the AC and told me to drive in the highest gear possible. After reaching NHPC Chowk I took a right turn and we were back on the main Mathura Road. I was driving at about 60kmph in 5th gear and the car gave up in the middle of the main National Highway and me being in the first lane as the engine was off even the EPS gave up and steering became very very heavy I somehow managed to steer it to extreme left checking in the rear view mirrors for the traffic coming from behind. THANK GOD THERE WASN’T ANY SPEEDING VEHICLE BEHIND ME OR ELSE THIS WOULD HAVE BEEN TOTALLY A DIFFRENT STORY.
Now, we are stranded on the main road trying to crank up the engine I get irritated and we switch places

NCR Ford. - First experience with FORD and perhaps....-pic-2.jpg
NCR Ford. - First experience with FORD and perhaps....-pic3.jpg
NCR Ford. - First experience with FORD and perhaps....-pic4.jpg

He tries whatever he can and finally gave up. He calls up the showroom so we could be ferried back somehow. He then popped the hood to check something. I don’t think he even knew what he was looking for and closed the hood. It was 1PM Delhi Summers at peak and sun directly over our head we couldn’t even sit in the car because it was too hot. So we got out and stood under the shade of tree.
The sales rep being a nice person starting talking like
“Aisa toh 5 saal mien pehli baar hua hai mere sath”
“Itni badi company hai fir bhi aise products”
“Yeh toh aap aur main hain, aur aap samjhte bhi ho agar koi family waala aata apni family ke saath toh pata nahi kya hota”
“Agar main hota aur mujhe itni garmi mien khada hona padta main toh kabhi Ford ke showroom k saamne se bhi nahi nikalta”
So with a few jokes the atmosphere was lightened up and we went to try again one last time and nothing happened.
After 35-40 minutes a Figo comes in with 2 persons in the car, the mechanic steps out with can of diesel in his hand. The sales rep told him the DTE still reads 11km to that mechanic replies “Yaar, iska computer kharab hai.”
The mechanic opened the fuel lid and filled in the diesel

NCR Ford. - First experience with FORD and perhaps....-pic5.jpg
NCR Ford. - First experience with FORD and perhaps....-pic6.jpg

While all this was going on they both started talking.
Mech - Yaar, tu yeh gaadi kyu laaya hai TD k lie ?
Sales Rep – Kyu ?
Mech – Is gaadi ki toh 3-4 saal se service hi nahi hui !!
Sales Rep – (IN SHOCK) KYA !!
Mech – Haan isse to hum maal laane le jaane k lie use karte hain. Tujhe dusri gaadi laani chaie thi nayi waali.
Sales rep never knew that there was even another TD vehicle in the showroom.( He later told me he just joined NCR Ford on 1st May)

The mechanic after filling in the diesel tries to crank the engine up but still nothing, he then pops the hood and he squeezed a rubber like pump many times and the diesel came gushing out of the pump. He then closed the hood and sales rep told him to bring the car back to showroom and he replied back please wait let me start the car first(even he was not sure). Sales rep then asked me to head to the Figo. Then finally we started for the showroom. I drove the Figo back to showroom it was 1.2 petrol. Figo was not at all impressive with the AC on it was like the car is on heavy burden and the speedometer climbed to 70 slowly. It was SLOW.

On the way back the rep told me to talk to manager or complain about the issue. As we reached showroom it was already very late (exams on head) I just shook hands with him and walked away without entering the showroom.

NCR Ford. - First experience with FORD and perhaps....-pic7.jpg

A FEW POINTS THAT LEFT ME THINKING

1.What would have happened if someone had hit me from behind on the National Highway. Who would be held responsible for it me, the sales rep, the showroom or the other guy? Somebody could get seriously injured too.
2.What if I was 5-7kms away from the showroom? They would take like an hour to reach there at least.
3.Showroom and the sales rep don’t even have a little coordination for TD vehicles.
4.Why was the Fiesta petrol not available for TD? Fiesta is the highest selling car for Ford India is it so?

I know it was a very long thread hope you enjoyed
Thank You
Old 13th June 2010, 16:44   #2
BHPian

That is quite a harrowing experience. You were lucky enough that there was no vehicle behind you on the highway. But yes, such things do happen at dealerships, and things much worse than this have happened at dealerships. From the looks of it, the salesperson didn't do it on purpose, so you should put it behind you and move on.

From the multiple threads on Fiestas on this forum, the car does seem to be good, so you could give it another try at another dealership (Am not advocating for Ford in any way though).
Old 14th June 2010, 11:01   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogiii View Post
While all this was going on they both started talking.
Mech - Yaar, tu yeh gaadi kyu laaya hai TD k lie ?
Sales Rep – Kyu ?
Mech – Is gaadi ki toh 3-4 saal se service hi nahi hui !!
Sales Rep – (IN SHOCK) KYA !!
Mech – Haan isse to hum maal laane le jaane k lie use karte hain. Tujhe dusri gaadi laani chaie thi nayi waali.
Sales rep never knew that there was even another TD vehicle in the showroom.( He later told me he just joined NCR Ford on 1st May
Sir, it is all bull**** , you were drving a new shape fiesta which has just come 1-1.5 year back !!!
Old 14th June 2010, 11:11   #4
Senior - BHPian

Being a big fan of the Fiesta, and Ford in general, it pains me to see that some of their dealers are still this ignorant (there is no use blaming the Salesman, he was new and it was the job of the dealership to train him).

Like @Notorious mentioned, this is the facelifted Fiesta and it just couldn't have been 3-4 years old, unless they had an accident with the old car and changed loads of stuff (perhaps they use it for goods for the same reason). But that is a highly unlikely scenario.

Do visit another dealership (after the exams ), trust me, the Fiesta is a gem.
Old 14th June 2010, 11:45   #5
Senior - BHPian

Disgusting dealership! However, in future, it is better that you exercise your own judgement as well. The low fuel warning light comes on in the Fiesta when there's approximately 80kms worth of fuel left.

I'm amazed that you set out from the showroom when the DTE indicated less than 25kms to go. I would never have taken the vehicle for a TD!!!!

Last edited by suman : 14th June 2010 at 11:46.
Old 15th June 2010, 01:52   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanaticOnWheels View Post
That is quite a harrowing experience. You were lucky enough that there was no vehicle behind you on the highway. But yes, such things do happen at dealerships, and things much worse than this have happened at dealerships. From the looks of it, the salesperson didn't do it on purpose, so you should put it behind you and move on.

From the multiple threads on Fiestas on this forum, the car does seem to be good, so you could give it another try at another dealership (Am not advocating for Ford in any way though).
Yes it was a bad experience but fortunately everything is fine so maybe i could give it another try some day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOTORIOUS View Post
Sir, it is all bull**** , you were drving a new shape fiesta which has just come 1-1.5 year back !!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amartya View Post
Being a big fan of the Fiesta, and Ford in general, it pains me to see that some of their dealers are still this ignorant (there is no use blaming the Salesman, he was new and it was the job of the dealership to train him).

Like @Notorious mentioned, this is the facelifted Fiesta and it just couldn't have been 3-4 years old, unless they had an accident with the old car and changed loads of stuff (perhaps they use it for goods for the same reason). But that is a highly unlikely scenario.

Do visit another dealership (after the exams ), trust me, the Fiesta is a gem.
The mechanic was just exaggerating by saying 3-4 yrs. Yes, they really used that car for goods as the interiors were dirty, all floor mats soiled even the area under and around the hand break was very dirty couldn't even keep my mobile there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
Disgusting dealership! However, in future, it is better that you exercise your own judgement as well. The low fuel warning light comes on in the Fiesta when there's approximately 80kms worth of fuel left.

I'm amazed that you set out from the showroom when the DTE indicated less than 25kms to go. I would never have taken the vehicle for a TD!!!!
They didn't have a petrol fiesta in the first place then the salesman offered me the diesel i thought atleast i'll get to drive a FIESTA for the first time. And about 25kms, the area around which they provide TD is like 2km to the next red light a U-turn from there 5-6 km to next U-turn and back to showroom. All in all less than 15kms.
Old 15th June 2010, 08:43   #7
Senior - BHPian

@yogiii

Thats a real bad experience. I would suggest you to contact Ford India and write to them about your harrowing experience. Let it be brought to their notice that inspite of manufacturing a worlsd class car their dealer are out there to ruin their product with their worst class service. I am sure Ford would respond to your complaint, many in this foreum have benefitted by writing to Ford. let Ford straighten the dealer.
Old 15th June 2010, 09:38   #8
Distinguished - BHPian

Dummies guide on how not to sell a car!! Lie after lie, crap after crap. Tht's all the Sales Rep was dishing out
Old 16th June 2010, 13:15   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
@yogiii

Thats a real bad experience. I would suggest you to contact Ford India and write to them about your harrowing experience. Let it be brought to their notice that inspite of manufacturing a worlsd class car their dealer are out there to ruin their product with their worst class service. I am sure Ford would respond to your complaint, many in this foreum have benefitted by writing to Ford. let Ford straighten the dealer.
you really think i should do that ? because i think they will just apologise as it was only a TD and the chapter will be closed. I'm sure other people have benefited by complaining but i think the things that went wrong with them was in thier buying experience and not in TD's
Old 21st June 2010, 09:48   #10
Senior - BHPian

@yogii,

Its just with the Test Drive alone but the overall experience with the Ford Dealer. If the test drive would have been a good one, I am sure you would have thoughts of going for a Ford vehicle. Since your experience was not so good you should write to Ford who are potentially losing a customer. Its their duty to keep a tab on the dealers and ensure that the customer does not suffer. In any case you would not lose anything by writing to Ford. Pls do so.
Old 21st June 2010, 10:29   #11
BHPian

Guys, I think we are being a little harsh over here to Ford. I mean, there are umpteen instances where salesmen of various products across various brands are guilty of not knowing the product fully they are trying to sell! When did you come across a salesman who was able to differentiate between a 1080i/1080p lcd/plasma TV, explain about the insurance/mediclaim policies properly...heck, even my ISP customer care execs asks me to delete all cookies/temporary internet files if the broadband link is down!!

Mostly it is to do with complete ignorance..and shooting off their mouth when ideally they should learn to say a simple "I don't know" if not sure. But then, if they had that capability, would they remain a salesman..I doubt.

I am not saying all Sales guys are like that, but generally at the lower rung of the ladder, turnover is high, and the new guys will take some time to learn the tricks of the trade.

Yogii@, I will be dissapointed if such a one-off, first time experience turns you off from a specific brand, but at the same time, tend to look at the brighter side - what if the first experience was good and you would have got lured to the brand, but subsequently, your continued experience turns out to be a nightmare! If this is the case, mfgrs would have got away with just glossy advertisements & brochures & packaging!

Will urge you to try with another dealer after having a proper appointment and TD a vehicle which you intend to purchase...in case similar incident is repeated, you have every right to be pissed off.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks