Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th July 2010, 21:17   #61
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
Unless you have the VIN number of that car there is no ways one could identify if he is buying the same car as in the picture here. Am sure the dealer would fix it up and pass it on to an un-suspecting buyer.
Nothing changed since I made the above post. They fixed it and passed it on to an unsuspecting customer.
Old 7th July 2010, 22:42   #62
BHPian

[quote=mooza;1971619]So are we expected to just sit back and become victims of this mass production ? I feel it is the the customer that drives this mass production, and therefore deserves the best.

So what are you going to do about it? Either way we are all victims of circumstances. As per nandan2005's latest post the damaged figo is already repaired and sold. One more 'bakra' of mass production. It only you and I who can launch a marathon of keyboard wars,irrespective of the fact whether Michael Boneham reads his mails or not. Trust is we have for dealers to give us unscratched and undented cars.

Regards
Old 8th July 2010, 07:31   #63
Senior - BHPian

@Grace, earlier it used to be the power of the pen, nowadays it is the power of the keyboard

Since Ford India has promised investigation, I feel there is hope for future customers.

In my personal oipinion, unless vigilant customers give timely feedbacks, no system can ever improve, it can only get worse.

With regards, Mooza
Old 8th July 2010, 21:45   #64
BHPian

Guys,

what are we trying to discuss further?

the story is over & an unlucky guy is having the car.

i not only doubt, but strongly believe that Boneham doing anything about this. I have seen the Vice president Pavan Goenka of Mahindras not doing anything about my friend's Logan, which has only issues & nothing else. The car leaks dust, smoke & smell when the A/C is in recycle mode. The car floors gets filled up when it rains. The car doesn't stop as expected, what not?

Indian consumers hold respect till they buy any product & not after the purchase is over.

So guys, lets stop the never ending discussion, the car is sold and thats it.

Last edited by nandans2005 : 8th July 2010 at 21:47.
Old 25th August 2010, 15:46   #65
BHPian

Learning to drive in a new Figo !!!

Guys,

This noon , i saw one more shocking thing in the yard.

I saw one of the security guy learning to drive using one of the new figos

i tried capturing this, but he was scared and didnt allow me to take a picture.

whats happening to the world ?
Old 25th August 2010, 15:50   #66
Senior - BHPian

Learning to drive or parking it? Security guys are known to move cars around in the yard to maximize parking space.
Old 25th August 2010, 16:05   #67
BHPian

very obviously, it was a learning class going on in here. Its a group of three security guys learning, helping & supporting each other in becoming better drivers.
Old 25th August 2010, 17:26   #68
BHPian

Nandan - Pls try to capture a video next time , that will be better to show all the details !
Old 25th August 2010, 18:46   #69
BHPian

Hi Nandan, Why don't you meet up their Manager & inform them about the same. So that they can take up necesseary action. Your information will be useful

quote=nandans2005;2042026]Guys,

whats happening to the world ?[/quote]
Old 25th August 2010, 18:55   #70
BHPian

Oops shocking news, one of my friend very recently bought a white Figo from lathangi. I would wish he is not the victim.
The left rear door of his brand new car does not lock properly, he is still struggling to get this fixed with these technicians.
He is quite unhappy with these Lathangi service.

Last edited by Bhargava_sr : 25th August 2010 at 18:58.
Old 25th August 2010, 19:04   #71
Senior - BHPian

The Situation is the same across most dealers!
Today I was at metro Ford st marks road. There were 2-3 Brand new Figos with TC plates with heavy body and bumper damage waiting to be taken to the body shop.

Once these cars are repainted and repaired they will be sold off as new.
There is no way anyone can make out that the car was repainted unless you get the car professionally inspected.
Old 25th August 2010, 19:21   #72
Senior - BHPian

Problem here lies with the dealership mechanics as well. They abuse the new cars like anything. No love for machine at all.
I never went for servicing of my Karizma as I could not stand the way mechanics were testing it's 0-60 in 3.8sec capability inside their work shop. Always asked my dad to get it serviced.
This time, our new car was scratched at the dealership by someone just before delivery. This is the rarest of rare cases. I don't think anything like this must have happened before.
Old 25th August 2010, 20:39   #73
BHPian

I had seen a similar incident with Mahindra SKS dealer.
Saw a Scorpio wine red LX (basic model) BS IV which was fully disassembled and repainted and was in fitting stage.

When i asked the chief head for service there, he said it met with a major accident and had come here for repair. The car was not delivered to anyone. This goes to some unlucky guy.
Old 26th August 2010, 10:04   #74
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganesh_bbr View Post
IWhen i asked the chief head for service there, he said it met with a major accident and had come here for repair. The car was not delivered to anyone. This goes to some unlucky guy.
This is how lemons are created, I guess.

The only way out is for the auto companies to directly audit their dealerships on these matters, on a regular basis. Or at least pay attention to threads such as these, as well as direct reporting e-mails from observers and whistleblowers.

Only if they are interested in preventing these lemons and protecting their brand images, that is.
Old 3rd September 2010, 17:10   #75
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nandans2005 View Post
Guys,

whats happening to the world ?
Thanks Nandan for taking the pain and letting us know the nuances of the reality inside Lathangi Ford. I really believe one should make a small video and post it on youtube. Also send the link to all top bosses of Ford Motors.

It would surely ruffle a good numbers of feathers if nothing else. The dealership would be immediately put into question.

I, for one, would never recommend this dealership to anyone.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks