Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th July 2010, 13:17   #1
BHPian

Booked the ANHC. but now asking for full payment before car arrival

Here in peninsular honda, trivandrum i have booked for city. I have made the booking on 23rd June. Now they are asking for full payment before the car arrived. They are telling that its their policy to get the full payment as soon as the vehicle is in transit. Is it so? I haven't heard such a thing.

I have enquired with some who have taken the car from there. But for them the finance was taken care by honda so the dd was collected from the bank by the dealer only 2 or 3 days before delivery. In my case i myself is arranging the finance.

It will be good to give them the full payment only after seeing my vehicle rt? what do you think guys? Have any one from here taken ANHC from peninsular Honda, trivandrum?
Old 8th July 2010, 14:00   #2
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xenxer View Post
Here in peninsular honda, trivandrum i have booked for city. I have made the booking on 23rd June. Now they are asking for full payment before the car arrived. They are telling that its their policy to get the full payment as soon as the vehicle is in transit. Is it so? I haven't heard such a thing.

I have enquired with some who have taken the car from there. But for them the finance was taken care by honda so the dd was collected from the bank by the dealer only 2 or 3 days before delivery. In my case i myself is arranging the finance.

It will be good to give them the full payment only after seeing my vehicle rt? what do you think guys? Have any one from here taken ANHC from peninsular Honda, trivandrum?
Absolutely, you need to have a look at the car in flesh, do the PDI before it goes for the registration. Thats the time when you make the final payment. If the dealer is assuring of the car in transit, ask him for the VIN and talk through him saying that the final payment would be done after confirming the VIN on the car.
This is the general process which is common to almost all car dealers. How can you make the payment before seeing whether all your requirments in the car are met I mean the colour, accessories etc
Old 8th July 2010, 14:09   #3
BHPian

I called them and told that i will make the payment only after seeing the vehicle. The guy was not happy and assured me that the car arrives on 10th but i kept my stand and asked him to call me when the car arrives.
Old 8th July 2010, 14:28   #4
Senior - BHPian

Ask for the VIN, thats the only way to ensure that the car booked for you and car delivered to you are the same. This way you are assured that the same car goes for registration.
If the dealer is refusing, then challenge him by threats of cancellation of booking.
Old 8th July 2010, 15:52   #5
BHPian

Anyway i don't think they have any ANHC in their stock. Also i will be able to know whether their new stock has arrived or not since their yard is on my way to office. So once i see the stock arrival i will go to the dealer. From there i can track my vehicle using the vin.

Anyways the payment will be done only after the vehicles arrival.
Old 10th July 2010, 14:00   #6
BHPian

Just came from the dealer

The new stock has arrived and the dealer called to check the vehicle and hand over the DD. Checked the vehicle.

Man it was a moment. I though of going through all the T-BHP guidelines. But what to do? saw the vehicle and i was some where else. Nothing checked just admired the vehicle and took three photos. Photos attached.

Delivery is promised on Wednesday, but will depend on some "him" test that is to be carried on the vehicle. If some thing wrong the honda guys from the headoffice will have to sort it online.

First Glimse
Booked the ANHC. but now asking for full payment before car arrival-dsc00178a.jpg

Interior
Booked the ANHC. but now asking for full payment before car arrival-dsc00179.jpg

The white Macho

Booked the ANHC. but now asking for full payment before car arrival-dsc00180.jpg

Will start my Ownership review as soon as possible

Last edited by xenxer : 10th July 2010 at 14:08.
Old 10th July 2010, 15:12   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Delivery is promised on Wednesday, but will depend on some "him" test that is to be carried on the vehicle. If some thing wrong the honda guys from the headoffice will have to sort it online.

Anyone can clarify if its the HIM test or some thing else. This what the service guy told or i heard
Old 10th July 2010, 18:28   #8
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Quote:
Anyone can clarify if its the HIM test or some thing else. This what the service guy told or i heard
What he must have meant that 'he' would do the PDI, registration etc and give it it you.

I paid a booking amount in mid August 2007 and paid the remaining on 19/09/2007 and the delivery was done on 27/09/2007.

No VIN, no inspection by me, saw the car when I took delivery of it.
Old 10th July 2010, 19:52   #9
Senior - BHPian

Cool. Congrats.

Guess he meant PDI.
Old 10th July 2010, 19:56   #10
BHPian

White ANHC indeed looks royal.. Congrats on your purchase.
Old 10th July 2010, 21:55   #11
BHPian

I booked the car two days before the delivery. paid the entire amount by DD without seeing the car i am going to get. Then the next day, i checked the car and gave an approval for the registration.

went the next day and picked up the car, thats it. It never got complicated.

when we bought our first car, i did pay the entire amount 2 months in advance to get preference. later i checked the piece i will get , gave a goahead for registration.

Nothing to worry as such, though its my personal experience.
Old 12th July 2010, 08:56   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by trrk View Post
Hi,

What he must have meant that 'he' would do the PDI, registration etc and give it it you.

I paid a booking amount in mid August 2007 and paid the remaining on 19/09/2007 and the delivery was done on 27/09/2007.

No VIN, no inspection by me, saw the car when I took delivery of it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
Cool. Congrats.

Guess he meant PDI.
Thanks JK

No guys. I talked to him and that guy was telling a name for the test . He said or i heard as him/hem/hema test. Anyway going to the dealer today to give my registration documents. Will ask the guy again today.

BUT not anyway "PDI" or "he".

Last edited by xenxer : 12th July 2010 at 09:01.
Old 12th July 2010, 08:57   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunkk View Post
White ANHC indeed looks royal.. Congrats on your purchase.
Thankyou very much Arun
Old 12th July 2010, 09:55   #14
BHPian

Quote:

No guys. I talked to him and that guy was telling a name for the test . He said or i heard as him/hem/hema test. Anyway going to the dealer today to give my registration documents. Will ask the guy again today.

BUT not anyway "PDI" or "he".
Congrats.

Probably Honda has a check list which the dealers have to check before handing over the car and he could be referring to such a test.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks