Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th July 2010, 14:17   #16
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Most people end up taking short test-drives, if at all. And the uninformed really don't know what to look for either. I guess that makes the case for unbiased, comprehensive, and highly objective testdrive threads stronger, wot?

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLaren Rulez View Post
Someone should have told this to the guy who chose the image for the ad then
Good one. @ Raju : I think you've gotten GM's message all wrong.
Old 18th July 2010, 15:47   #17
BHPian

I never thought that subtle humor is not suited for forums
Old 18th July 2010, 16:40   #18
BHPian

These days most of all car showrooms are seen near highways or city ends (due to space constraints in the city). The roads on most cases are clear and smooth. If you ask the dealer for the car to be taken in the city, most of the time you are given various reasons !!

IMO if they really want the customer to test the drive, why cant the companies come up with test tracks too ? That way it would make more sense
Old 19th July 2010, 00:11   #19
BHPian

They had this logo pasted on the TD cars even before the ad came on. I always assumed that they were urging the owners to be careful. They aren't too great about getting back to you though. I asked for a TD two months ago, reminded them later, and haven't still heard from them. If they get back to me ever, I intend to take the TD, and then tell them that I've bought a new car already, great job on the follow-up!

I took TDs of five new cars before buying one. I wasn't rushed on any drive except the Figo, whose sales person was a bit nervous when I wanted to TD it for a bit longer (the car was that good). None of my TDs lasted longer than 30 minutes except for the Indigo TDi.

In that case, I had the sales guys drive me to the ATM while I sat in the back, later took a 20 minute test drive where I checked the handling, ride, breaking, and acceleration. I'd driven an Indica DLX before, so I was familiar with the controls, and the turbo engine and rear seat comfort was all that I really needed to check. That, and parking. There wasn't a way in which I could check the maneuverability in city traffic, so I settled for a parking test.

Oh, and all TDs except that of the Eeco were taken on highway. The Eeco was tested on some really bad shortcuts on the way to the highway. The only exception is when the showroom is in the city, like the First Choice dealership or the Mahindra showroom at Trivandrum.

I think that the main reason dealers don't want people testing cars in the city is to avoid accidents due to people misjudging the length of the car. Looking at how banged up most TD cars are, it's not really working. And few people complain about not being able to drive in the city, because they can't wait to rip the engine on the highway.
Old 19th July 2010, 00:29   #20
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butters View Post
IMO if they really want the customer to test the drive, why cant the companies come up with test tracks too ? That way it would make more sense
In every city for every manufacturer?

Not bad, we can have many free tracks on sunday for knee-down sessions.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks